June favorites!

Jovunn

Adept
Thank you NPCs, plot, staff, food, "Mr. Monsterdesk" Tom Wilson, and one mister Sam Owens (and all the folks who helped him). Y'all would not believe how much time and thought he put into this event and I'd say it was quite a success. Thank you to everyone who took care of everyone and thank you to my fellow PCs.

1. Stepping in as a diplomat/negotiator when the folks in white belts couldn't/didn't and ending up an emissary to the new hobling tribe. That whole thing served as an amazing test of how much Jovunn has grown up - not just because she could do it, but because she could understand and accept she wouldn't be successful with relative grace. Heavy emphasis on "relative." Thank you to Kathy for the RP. Especially "Squire Grim is full of ****." (Sorry, Kyle!)

2. Justin/Flint. Your roleplay and struggle with the situation and your new rank was as fun to watch as it was to participate in. I've never had such a feeling of IG hopelessness as when you started executing the then-unsaveable citizens and screaming "hail the glorious dead" each and every time. Thank you for your amazing RP and support, and thank you for accompanying me on...

3. ...Vansir dream-elder exposition plot! So amazing, so rife with dread. Thanks Joe S. for the amazing combat and RP. "Face the fang of the bear!"

4. Nordenn, Nordenn, Nordenn. Thank you guys for always being there for me, for being the best sports around, and for helping me finally make this character what I hoped she could be. Like I said, Squire No-pants is back in a biiiiig way.

5. Tom H. for all the amazing RP. Seriously, I love the father/daughter interaction just as much as I love our work as nobles. Our "squire's test" on Saturday night was such a small moment but speaks so much to Ulthoc's character and your ability to play him, as did your actions on Sunday.

5. Ruis's AMAZING idea to rearm all the explosives we disarmed inside the earth circle in case the vampire tried to rift in there again. Better known as, "that time the court of Nordenn became the IRA." Go team terrorist!

6. Being reunited with my ogrebro Zara. Amazing fun, some sadness, and the best V impression ever. Also, seeing Donna lose her **** and have to leave the tavern when Justin started talking about OPTION C! Peepants!

7. The battlecry that strikes fear into all hearts, "SWIGGITY SWAG!"

8. Passing all my squire's tests with flying colors Piew piew!

9. That time Mich refused to let me eat bread and instead shoved most of a potato bun into my hair. Aren't biata supposed to be polite or something? Ruuuuude.

10. WERE-ANIMAL JUSTICE SQUAD. WERE-RAM EAT ALL THE THINGS.

11. Watching Tom Haswell body slam Frisco. I have seen angels, and they look like Frisco being dropped like a bitch.

I had such a blast, guys. Having a number of people I'd already connected with in-game to greet Zara for her first jaunt through the mists made the weekend infinitely better, and damn, did I have a great time. So here are the highlights for my weekend, in no particular order:

- NPCs. You guys were such troopers this weekend and I was endlessly impressed by you all. Thanks for kicking your own butts to entertain us nonstop, even with the mindmelting heat.
- PCs. The engagement and choices on their part were endlessly entertaining. I set down those traps at the beginning of the weekend with the full intention of keeping them out -- I did not expect you guys to disarm them, keep them, and then re-arm them. Brilliant.
- Introducing everybody to Zara's menagerie of friends, including the new addition, Carlito. What a foul mouth on that guy. Oh, and gaining Bubba. That needs to be commemorated somewhere.
- Val, Jovunn, and Ruis. The Cadre of Incredulous Bitches: Icenia. It was so much fun, so great to bro out, and an honor to be present for some really intimate moments.
- Chulainn. It was so good to have him there again -- Zara didn't realize how much she'd missed him or how much of a comfort he is to her in general. Knowing he has her back at all times puts her mind at ease at a very trying time in her life. He's very much a rock to anchor her.
- Interacting with Ronka and Tugrot. Both interesting and well, pretty hilarious and goofy. Icenian ogres are so weird.
- Swiggity swag.
- Derp saves the day.
- Justice League of Werefriends.
- DAT HAT.
- Surprise undead! It was the first time I really got to square off with a pack on my own, and I got to show them my brand new slayer. :twisted: Felt damn good.
- Finding that, in the end, Icenia isn't so bad (aside from their infestation of nobles). It's actually pretty fun. Zara might actually like it here. Adventures ahoy!

Favorites from the Dark Side:

2-1 with Amaranthus and Khorwyn...then 3-1 with Raven being called over. I love that stuff!

The Green Chair Bandit: pc's"So you found that shard?" bandit:"You heard the crack about being an archeologist right?" pcs:"got it"...a little but later, running away with the loot realizing I had one gorbe 50 yards isolated chasing after me turning as he lines up only to hear him go "oh crap oh crap thud" when it turns out the guy running away swings 20's....next day running all through the woods and up over the river (twice) and up the hill. Just to prove I can.

Going in as a Sergeant to hand the PC's some loot and having it become my meal time character, having him sit in on a council and advise the new captain (cause its what NCO's do) and now writting mods for him to run for other PC's.

The broken healer. Jovens shock when he managed to cast a rid weakness. The RP of him turning himself in.

Holy crap intense fight with all my team mates....and Fricso, cause yeah...he rocks.

Bills Food. Chicken pot pie omg!

The Shaman. I could go on for a long time. Tom, Kris, Tracy...you all win.

Vampire plots. Seeing how that major plotline went. I hope folks had some fun with the interactions. I know it could not have been what allot of people were expecting. Scott Kondrik, you words after the event really meant allot..especially given whom you just finished playing. I will spare further details to protect the innocent.

My Fairy Princess...just cause.

And remember, this weekend was in the end all about a love story...

...that is still

BETTER THAN TWILIGHT!

First off, a HUGE thank you to the Sam, Tom, and all of the NPCs for making this weekend so great!

~Feeling useful with my Gypsy Curses AGAIN. You guys have made it worth all the build. I certainly don’t expect it to happen much, but it has made me feel pretty badass lately.

~Seeing Irina. It’s been so long! It was wonderful to catch up, ask for advice about different situations Larien is dealing with, and just being able to talk about what it means to be a Gypsy, which then leads me to…

~Hanzi. Thank you to Michelle for writing the encounter and to Frisco for executing it so perfectly. It made me feel so much better about my character and how I play her. I can’t wait to write about Hanzi and Larien’s adventures!

~Justin Coggin. There are no words to describe how much our IG and OOG interactions mean to me. You are an absolute treasure. I can’t thank you enough for everything you do to make this game great for me and everyone around you.

~Having Qualin describe Larien as the “Rom-iest Romani to ever have Romani-ed.” That’s one hell of a compliment… I hope :p

~Going to the High Ogre Shaman to talk to him about helping his tribe. All I could think was “please don’t kill me, please don’t kill me, please don’t kill me” the entire time. And I got a TINY CASTLE! Sweet!

~Winning the Beard-Off. Craftsman Beard Braider FTW! That’s right, I braided all of those Vanguard beards, I SHOULD win!!!!

~Braiding the Dwarven King’s beard, too! I made a favor for him to give “a special lady,” only for it to be given right back to me. Well then, how about that.

~Cups games and other fun in the tavern Sunday morning. I love the fun that Alda, Ket, and Larien get into when we have down time. Music, games, music AND games… you just can’t beat it!

~Donna Hellmuth. I’m always amazed at what you come up with to turn that tavern into a completely different world. And it was so fun to see Zara! Larien will have to make a trip to Barran soon!

~Vinnie/Joe. He came into to talk to me while I had to put my leg up, and the RP that ensued was wonderful. I was also SUPER proud of him “pulling rank” when he made Grim his apprentice. Vinnie is Grim’s elder—whip that boy into shape! 

~Watching the Vanguard as we stayed in such a tight formation… we REALLY held it together! I am so honored to be a part of this team! And hearing Flint shouting out compliments was so nice—we done good guys!

There are so many more… Love you all and can’t wait to see you soon!

Dark Sider Recollections: A Memoir Of Frisco Cruise; June 2013

In no part order:
1: I love having a few little fishbowl characters that can come out and be interesting every now and again. Avos the massaging biata makes BANK, it's no wonder he follows them around.

2: Speaking of awesome fishbowls, Hanzi was a blast! I really felt great being able to help characters feel important and share their philosophies with me. It was a great bit of RP and I feel really honored that I got to participate! I was almost going to be some random crunch, so I'm really glad it went the other way.

3: Fighting the fights was awesome. I think I'm starting to reprogram my rock brains about fighting LARP style, but (as evidenced by beating poor Angel in the face with a shield) I need to work on some safety issues. I'm working on it, I swear.

4: I really loved getting to be the mutant that the adventurers saved. It gave some small sense of purpose to all the violence that was proliferated against them, and I'm glad for that.

5: I also loved being the blacksmith and trying to pull off a corrupted Spirit. Being tossed like a bitch by Tom was fun; 10/10 would get tossed again.

6: SWIGGITY SWAAAAG!! *Flees in abject undead terror*

7: Intellegent undead are the only undead I want to play. "PISS OFF, MEATBAG!" is now my favorite saying.

8: Bridge fight with the Hunt, Qualin and Flint. It was rough, grinding and exhausting, but that's where the glory lies.

9: "Kill THAT one!" Poor battle decisions, awesome spectacle

10: Other things that don't come to mind at this instant but will flood back as soon as I post this.

Thanks to plot and to the PCs for making my weekend AMAZING!!

PS:
Remembered another favorite.

11: "Elemental- F**K!"

12: Grim and Jovunn talking the blacksmith into a corner with no other recourse. It was great RP from everyone in that room I think.

PSS:
Also.

13: Dueling with Cho... Jan... Woo? The dude with tea.

I enjoyed playing the Ogre Shaman but I wasnt sure that I had pulled it off since this was my first time at Alliance, while Tom did say I was perfect I still wasnt sure because he has to say that to all the monsters doesnt he? (just like mom) Confirmation came later when the PCs in that encounter complimented me on my character and expressing their desire to want to RP more with that character. Thanks everyone for making me feel welcome my first time out.

Getting waylayed for the first time was awkward... I'll get it better next time.

I might have made up for it by phys-reping my headless corpse rolling down the hill.

I was in awe of everyones costumes, hope I measure up when I come back to PC.

First and foremost, a huge Thank You to my NPCs. You guys took every bit of abuse that I threw at you and, somehow, didn't murder me in my sleep.

I would have deserved it.

Every time they wanted to sit down and relax they were dragged off the couch and sent back out. One of the key phrases of the weekend was "I know you're tired. Go be tired in game."

I think the biggest heartache of being Monster Desk is not getting to really see any of the action. I was out and about a bit, but I didn't get to see Larien and Hanzi or Flint's promotion or any of the other awesome stuff that got to go out for the guys I was on a team with for a year. But I did get to hear from all of them how much the weekend rocked and I'm really glad I got to help them have that experience.

One of the best parts of the weekend was harassing Susie Lee and Mike (and Erika on occasion). I got to quietly walk up behind them and whisper sweet evil nothings into their ears whenever I had the time and energy (both of which quickly went away). Those two are great role players and I'm exceptionally happy that I get to try to break their PCs over the course of the season. Love you guys.

I got to throw together a few mods / encounters on the fly and I think most of them went off without a hitch.

I really loved running what I could over the weekend.

Blythedale, I never really get to interact with these guys and the small mod I ran with them was great, at least on my end. Watching Nathan wander off. Watching them use their newest members as goats... It was a good spot to be Saturday night.

Gilded Claw, I was so determined to get something out for these guys before we called the game. I'm even happier I got to go along and watch the scene.

I didn’t get to see it… but I did get to hear my NPCs talk about the awesome ogre squaring off against four of them at once. I’m so proud. That’s my little Silver Skull.

I remembered people’s names. I think I had every NPCs name down by the time we called game, and that never happens for me. I am a goldfish and, at the moment, a very proud one for that.

I love a challenge and my first weekend running desk was certainly one of them. I feel like I learned a lot while behind the desk and hope I can bring some of those lessons to bear next time around.

There are other things that should be on here… but I keep getting distracted by the people that give me money to do things. They apparently want me to do specific things that aren’t posting on LARP boards…

Matt, you definitely made up for it by repping the corpse rolling down the hill. That was AMAZING. Thank you for rolling (heheheheheh pun) with that.

First and foremost thank you npcs. From veteran to newbies you folks really made a ton of effort in a totally rough situation and I appreciate it. I hope I can entertain you all half as much when I Npc in august.
Thank you Sam and various writers for putting together so much damn stuff to do. It was very cool to see so many players engaged at so many levels. Thank you tom for keeping stuff together at monster desk and thank you Robb for stepping up in logistics.

Below you will fins the moments that stood out to me in game in no order.

1. Ardo the blacksmith. Grim literally was in the same spot in kuspar not so long ago. At least this time we could fix the mistakes
Awesome roleplay
2. Vinny pulling racial rank and the ideas that spawned from it.
3. Grim getting cursed from handling the shards and being loved to jovunn. Super tender grim activate...then getting decursed and awkward.
4. My team. All of you were awesome, are awesome and I'm lucky you let me hang with you.
5. Craig you sit make stuff better.
6.seeing chulainn again.
7. Seeing the stuff I heard about coming to life
8. Amy just always amy
9. Rupert I like this guy
10. The hobling npc that is awesome miss Kathy. Thank you for being a great mirror for whom we are

More cause my phone cut me off.

11. Ruins and her writing the name of the wall.
12. "When's the last time you've seen a troll?" ..five minutes later.. "trolls? Fuuugggggg"
13. There's always prostitutes.. told you craig
14. Welcome to corrheim
15. " what kind of ******* puts barbed wire on railings? " - adventurer. " me... atterxobbs get stuck they hare it" - grim
16. Flint
17. Bandguard
18. Rp with the baron ulthoc. Best friend and mentor. You always help grim touch base with reality.
19. Ebony duck
20. Everybody lived

You know... I don't post these often.

Thank you NPCs, Desk, and Writing staff. Most people that play this game will never know how much work goes into it.

Thank you Kris Kitts. It's great to see you enjoying the character again. Thank you for the most amazing moment in m career:
<everyone returns from the battle where we fixed the everything> "Your Excellency... I love you Dad." Yeah... all the feels.

Thank you Nordenn- IG and OOG, you guys bring so much to the game, you play your characters to the hilt, and you never fail to inspire me IG and OOG. In many ways, you make it fun to still play this old dog.

Thank you Bill Gibbs- damn, did it feel like old times or what? Glad to have that old bird back again.

Thank you Joe- It's great to see you enjoying the RP as much as the stickwork, buddy. You made this event special.

You know, most people will never understand what we do, or why. It's sad, because they'e missing out on such an enriching experience. o all of those who share their game experience with me, Thank you.
There's

I was actually nervous going into this event. I just so wanted to give everyone a good time. I was just a tiny piece in the Monster Machine, but oh the feels. On to the faves!

-All things Coggin. When Sam asked me to reprise my ducal army role, I completely drew a blank. But I figured "hey, if I don't remember, what the heck are the odds anyone else does?" Yeah, this guy. LOL. Thank you Justin, for reminding me that it REALLY is the little things.

-Having everybody ready to jump me as The Messenger, and Grim still making me REALLY uncomfortable even after I put my weapons down. "Somebody needs to tell the dwarf over here to calm down. I'm completely unarmed for cryin out loud!" lol

-Speaking of being unarmed, ALL of the roleplay as the biata who got jumped. From discussions about spices and farming with Amaranthus, to the interrogations by Nordenn, and dinner sillies (aka War and Peas). "I really hope you're innocent, because I like you." LOL. Side note, I didn't know, even OOG what was in that pouch until it was handed to me, as somebody else set it up.

-Special thanks to Frisco for bringing my encounter for Amy to life. I'm so very glad you both enjoyed it.

-Grim during the noble's meeting as he notes Ulthoc and Ezri are holding hands. "Oh, so you two ARE getting married?" "What?! No, where on earth did you hear that?"

-Jovunn the diplomat. "Squire, you negotiated this?" I'm sad that pic came out looking like it did... Ezri was actually impressed at your growth. Proud of you. No really.

-Finally squiring Sornelintion. Man, we need to not keep missing games together.

-NPCing with my team, particularly the mod with the Hunt and company. I forgot just how rough big stats can be when you combine them with strategy particularly with a team that's used to working together. You guys held it together well. Kudos.

I missed darksiding. I missed helping run game. Thanks for a great time behind the scenes. Don't get any ideas though... once a year is enough for me at this point. ;)

Ironic as Kyle submitted that rumor
Grim happened to get it on his rumor sheet.

Kyle

I have waited too long to do this, but my life is truly crazy right now! I apologize, friends. I know I will have forgotten some key moments, but the main idea is:

THIS WAS ONE OF THE GREATEST EVENTS OF ALL TIME.

Vigilance and Valor! Corrheim Steel! I love you all so so so much!

NPCs were remarkably committed! You guys make ALL the difference in a weekend! THANK YOU for the clean, challenging combat, and devoted, appropriate RP!!! Yay! Especially Frisco and Sam for getting up on those crazy giant buckets. You guys are nuts. I freaking love you.

Flint. There are not enough words to express how happy he makes me (both as Flint and as Justin, in fact!) So much love!!! I'm so honored to run around following you into battle, and I'm always utterly thrilled to have such deep, immersive RP with you. Seriously, spending so much time with you, then watching your intense emotional struggles and feeling it all right there with you.... my goodness. I love how our characters grow together and I can't wait to see what else happens!

All things Larien. I feel like we have a special bond that I can't quite put into words, but I seriously love you. Music, games, and RP with you is always the BEST.

RONKA RP. HOLY GOODNESS. Thank you for trusting me. Chris, thank you for making this world relentlessly real.

Vinny and Chulainn, you both bring amazing character and dedication to this team, and I can't imagine it without you. Even without a ton of 1-on-1 time, I love and care for you both very intensely, and it's great to know without saying that you feel the same way. GUYS, I ADORE THE DYNAMICS OF THIS TEAM. FOR REAL.

Grim/Kyle, you're such a rock in Alda's/my life. Even though you're a dwarf and I'm a dryad, you continue to be the first person I go to when I am at all confused or upset... and I especially loved our little life conversation about emotions and relationship ---

--SPEAKING OF. Mother. Flipping. Ketemycos Sunwald. Why you gotta go and complicate a little dryad's life, eh?? You got all sorts of thoughts brewing in her head, now! Who knows what in the world will come of this! ... But for serious, Mike Guarino, you know I adore you, and playing with you fills a special place deep in my soul. It is a little place meant for utter bliss and unadulterated contentedness, and you make that place overflow.

Brief moments of Zara RP. Wonderful character. Donna, you continue to be one of the coolest girls around.

Huleen. Brother. I cherish time with you. Even in brief passing, I know the care we have for each other is so deep... it makes me so happy!

The new NPC, Ashley, rolling into town as a newly awoken Child of Autumn!!! Lily, my sweet little sister, was SO SO SO fun to play with! Alda immediately drops everything and alters her whole life when a newly awoken Child wanders in, and this was certainly a satisfying example of that. YAY!

CARING FOR CORRHEIM CITIZENS. I know there was a lot of stress and tension in this, but the end result left me with some AMAZING RP, from being traumatized by trying to sing to them as they killed each other, to leaving town (with my fav boys, Flint and Mycos) to escort the HEALED INNOCENTS back home!! Singing the whole way! Which leads me to the consequence of that little trip --

-- "FOR CORRHEIM!!!!!" running back into town on Sunday morning. Flint. Again. There are no words. I'm pretty sure Alda idolizes you. It's about compassion and commitment for her. And that shines through so intensely with you. <3 <3 <3.

TOM W, I HATE (read: love) YOU AND ALL THIS JADE SKELETON NONSENSE. FOR REAL. IT IS THE MOST AWFUL (read: coolest) EXPERIENCE EVER. (... Yeah, for real, the RP is incredible and I can't WAIT to see what else might happen! Alda will not be at a gather for a few months now, who KNOWS what will happen to her brain!!! OOoooOOOoooOO!!! I am at all times 30% miserable, both IG and OOG ... but that means things are at least 30% more awesome, IG and OOG! IT IS TRULY CRAZY HOW THAT WORKS.)

Qiu Jin Wu. Unending roleplay. Unending fun. You are amazing, dude. I love being an earthly scholarly nerd with you.

Finally, a very definitively favorite moment is something that I can't even really put into words... but there are a LOT of reasons why the ending scenario and consequential RP is ABSOLUTELY my FAVORITE moment of the whole weekend. Ulthoc, Rupert, Flint, and everyone else involved/anyone who said anything to Alda... freaking GOOD stuff. It is absolutely my favorite on a purely meta-game level, too, because it is IG terrifying, but WONDERFUL. AGDFGHGDFHLHLTGK.

I adore this game!!! As I've said thrice already, I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHERE THINGS GO!!!! :)

The internet ate my first attempt. Let's try again.

First thank you to everyone who attended, whether you made make this list or not, an immersive world needs all the characters in it to make it feel alive and real to me, even the ones I see but don't get to interact with. So thank you all, thank you for coming, and hopefully I'll get a better chance to interact with you in the future.

- All things Vanguard... thank you for being my hosts. I had a blast!

- Captain Flint. Congrats on the promotion. I got to see you broken down and built back up. Responsibility does that. You've come a long way from when I first met you several years ago.

- Crazed citizens in the "containment room"... Flint breaking and beginning the "culling of corrhiem"... Stopping him and getting to "put my monty where my mouth is" as a healer and lifing each and every citizen he ran through. We all fall sometimes, what matters is surrounding yourself with people who can catch you and help you back up again. Then after getting the rope, showing the other healers how to deal with the "extra strong" captured citizens.... by carefully breaking their arms... That's the Deadland's brand of healing: Compassionate to save your life, brutally efficient to keep you that way.

- Working with Alda throughout the weekend to tend to the broken and try to comfort them. Exemplifying the difference between an earth caster and a healer.

- Alda in general: Conversations throughout the weekend were great. From discussions of planar and elemental theory to stealth teaching you skills, all was fun fun fun. (The look on your face once I taught you teach was priceless... when you started realizing exactly how I think in those regards...) Trying to explain why it's ok to teach people with each example being more depressing than the last, clearly that argument is not my strong suit. "Since this horrible thing is bound to happen anyway, just do it" 0 points were earned in that regard.

- It's not paranoia if you really are being lied to... Once again being shown that I can't trust anything anyone says about what's really going on ever. People call me excessively paranoid, I call myself conditioned to the realities of life. Also, Ulthoc reminding me why I should look down on Barbarians. Thanks for keeping that fire burning bright! ( <3 you Tom)

- Grimm. From being eternally giving, to being made the Lord for ForrestHeart. Such a great guy. Also, we're gonna get those Eternal Forests cast asap, just need to find a fey and make it cry for awhile.

- Nordenn snake, epic archer charging dodge! Kudos!

- Rhythm games, from cup flipping, to table pounding, to syncing up pretty much every hand dance / song ever. What a great way to flee the hottest part of the day.

- Tea. Sharing tea with people in the tavern is one of my favorite things to do. Having a special stache of family tea shared with me at dinner was a distinct honor.

- Food. Bill, you win cooking. That is all.

- Amaranthus "I still can't remember your full name".... me: "You couldn't before you lost your memory either, this is business as usual for us"

- Filing formal protest about being ordered to cast a ward around the earth circle, then complaining when he refused to be invested. Halfway across the tavern after storming off turning and stating "with respect" just in case. :funny:

- Ket... running around with his bow crazy like. Until he runs out of arrows, then just running away with his bow all crazy like. That speed will only last a few years, then you slow down like the rest of us. Swords will be waiting for you when you are ready for them.

- Qualin and Qiu Jun-Wu, hating all the necromancy... wanting to kill all the vampires... and ignoring all the mods until we get our shot to make it happen. Then trying to insult the Vampire out of the circle. Didn't quite work, but it was a good try.

- Walks down by the river. So much cooler down there.

- Saving the High Ogres during the fight and hiding their bodies in the bushes. Then using remove curses to try to heal them after the fight and seeing that it worked. I'm happy that michelle stuck around to play the one that I had to run through and life, as that one was especially hard for me and it felt good to see her alive and well at the end.

- High Ogres. They are the best "little brothers and sisters" an elf could have. Trying to make sure they were always healed and protected throughout the weekend.

- Healing and giving buffs to Aisling, the Sadeen Moorian. I always feel vindicated as a magic user when that happens.

- Presenting Lumin the Vanguard at he beginning of the weekend "I give you Luminious, sword of Theodin Hammerfist, Knight of Caldaria"... and seeing the solomn look on Grimm's face, so I follow t up with "Oh, he's not dead, he heard there would be trolls and figured it would be good for you to use it"... the instant mood change was hilarious.

- Irina vetoing my puns.

- Larien, beinn awesome. Talking about ressurection techniques, and all around being amazing.

- Late night rituals...

- Always ask for Avery's! Imported Caldarian beverages! I'm glad I was able to help people cool off after a hot hot Saturday. I'll try to remember to bring more next time, but bring your coins, only the first case is free.

- Heckling doomsayers by telling them "don't worry, the world won't end until at least November"... and being told "You're not helping". (At least I bought them cupcakes).

There are more, but a storm is rolling though and I don't want to lose this due to power loss. See you all next time!

Oh yeah! Ogre RP!

Waking up and being given water (THANK YOU) and a snazzy new silvered longsword from Qualin, lots of healing to remove my taint by Qiu Jin Wu, and a mating offer from Tugrot. Poor little Dorga was kind of overwhelmed. "That tree looks nice and safe, I think I gonna sleep it off, but then ya Tugrot, we need to make more ogre babies..."

Damn...tugrot gets literally all the ogre ladies. He has a harem hut

All? *Squinty distrustful eyes at Tugrot*

Did I mention harassing Mike and Susie? I love doing that, and I can do it so much more freely now. Thanks guys!

They really did help you out a ton!

This is a while after the event, but hey! Favorites!

First, huge massive thank you to the staff and NPCs!! You guys really make the game what it is!

Favorites, not in any order:

- Vanguard! I had a really good time rolling with you all and I'm sure there's more to come! Got my colors, too!

- Captain Flint. Justin, you put so much soul and effort into your character! You're super inspiring, a stellar roleplayer and a kickass fighter! Props, good sir!

- Alda! Susie, I'm really happy about the dynamic that's developing between our characters and how it's substantially different from our OOG relationship. That said, I'm glad I could introduce Alda to a whole new set of emotions and I look forward to seeing where this goes! As always, you knocked it out of the park RP-wise! (And healing/backpacking-wise, too!)

- Finally destroying those bones and being rid of the Jade Skeleton's constant presence... oh wait... now his voice is in my head. OOG I love it, Tom! IG, GUUUUUUH NOOOOOOOOOO!

- IDing Magic Items for half the town. :D

- Qualin! It was wonderful to be happy and friendly towards one another for a full event! Henry, you're a champ and I had some great times hanging out with Qualin! Eight flame pain train! Also looking forward to this month's downtime writeup!

- Frisco Cruise. All-around badass.

- Mod with the corrupted healer who thought he was casting earth but was casting necro. I kept trying to get him to Remove Silence himself so that if he actually said the right incant, it'd heal his corruption, but if he said the necro version he'd no longer be a threat!

- Rhythm games in the tavern with Larien, Qiu Jun-Wu, Alda, and Avernorn! Thanks Amy for teaching me a new one! Also, just so you all know, Qiu Jun-Wu and I have attempted to spread the fun to the Deadlands. Soon it will be known and played Fortannis-wide!

- DAT CHICKEN POT PIE. I could eat that for every meal. Bill, you're awesome.

That's all for now! Psyched for the lowbie!

Back