June Favorites

Darkcrescent

Baron
Chicago Staff
Marshal
I had read it was supposed to be gross and rainy all weekend, and just when game off was called, it finally rained. Luck was on our side for once!

My favorites:
- The Festival:
--Iganeous at the Pratorak training. The man impressed the heck out of me this market day.
--Asher vs. Forsah (Benike/Raeker) staff and polearm duel
--York vs. Hobbling (Rick/DG) duel

- The opening Corrupt mod. Just a classic, challenging mod and we almost TPK'd at the end. Each of the 11 pushed on, no one "left" willingly, and we got some great intel. I can't wait to do the entire thing with 3x as many people!
- Doing what I do best, flawing 2/3 rituals. All successes, but dice do not like me in this game.
- Sunderer, my first True Empower
- Hanging with Davion and the Keepers. It's been different without the all-mighty elf!
- The ever growing lowbie group. They are getting there, and by the amount of comps they sold me, they are getting there with loads of gold
- Trying to tell DG's hobbling a rez story, but we were both more interested in hearing Dagmara's instead.
- Victor's 1 on 1 and the end of the Quest! I can't wait for Ser Victor Von Gryphon to make his first appearance into town with a dashing white belt.
- Ragnarok coming up after my duel with Forsah and acknowledging Asher's melee skills.

-Ryan

I had a great event, it felt good to be back after having to miss the last event.

-The Silver Frond challenges and all the rest of the side games.
-The duels in the Silver Frond challenge, someday York will get to win a dueling tournament...
-And of course the underdog victory of the Black Wolves team in the Silver Frond challenges.
-Friday night corrupt mod was a bunch of fun, I thought we weren't going to make it out at the end.
-The town working together, I feel like we really came together. I don't know of a single town/group argument this event.
-Victor getting to complete his final knights task, I didn't get to be there for it but I'm glad it went well.
-Hooper & Socks vigilantes!
-Corrupt line breakers, back to basics fight felt good.
-Plate throwing contest.

It was a really great event.

Seeing new people!
Rescuing the 120 Imperials from the Corrupt.
The Frond competition - the whole thing was great
The plate throwing.
The Vrizit challenge and fight.
The Spaghetti and meatballs!!!
Asher's flawed ritual (I have seen him cast multiple rituals now - he has flawed all that I have seen).

Wonderful event all!

By far my favorite event even though I finally received my long overdue 1st resurrection.

-Going node hoping to save the minister of the gilded stair. Even though I got nailed with a one in a million shot that might as well have been a shatter spirit, it was still a great mod.
-Asher lifting my title of 'Runs from fights" during my resurrection.
-Guiding all the newbies into not getting everyone killed and explaining to Raven very loudly that if someone needs a life then scream that they need a life.
-taking younger adventurers and teaching the art of the weapon master. I drove him into the ground like a nail. I am a harsh teacher after all. ;)
-Plate throwing contest
-Asking a legitimate question with my CO for once.
-Underdogs unite. Wolf team takes the gold. Or in this case silver.
-The great food made by my good friend Kat.
-Securing the second of the 4 pieces of the barbarian racial artifact. And to think a newbie would end up with it.
-Getting my sword re-forged my Igneous and then rendered by Asher. The Sunderer put to good use those spell strike shatters during the Vrizit fight.

Great great great event.

Certainly one of my favorite events. Just generally laid back, but still productive, cooperative and fun. Also really starting to feel like an effective fighter.

-I'm pretty positive this was my first event ever not needing a life spell. (probably because I missed the corrupt fight Friday)

-Freeing a new contingent of province 3 workers. Hopefully their previous magister-owner will come to terms with Gaden's laws and economics. Haven will need plenty of material resources, and a big batch of workers are not something to be scoffed at.

-Who had the best lunch!? Asher did! Vadis simply tried to murder the bystandards with a plate.

-Pretorakian battle-magic training! We need to learn how to set that up. (and I need practice throwing packets)

-Trucking out to assist Ragnarok in gathering the second necklace. The elementally confused forsaken-remnants were definitely interesting. Best of luck to our new Lizardkin friend, I thought my first MI was cool, but I think you win!

-The Vr'zz't town-duel was a lot of fun. Being able to go in on a town-mod and fight full-bore without worrying about having to see any adventurers resurrect was a nice change of pace, as hard as Victor tried to make sure at least ONE person ended up in the circle. Also getting to dual with different NPCs mid-battle was a good time.

-Blocking a 50 assassinate while refitting (well, ok I wasn't anymore AFTER that). There's cool, and then there's blind-blocking a potential dirtnap cool.

-Watching York, Davion, and Talitha gang up on corrupt. There is no way to look that doesn't hurt!

-Dagmara's joke time, and general shenanigans until "wait is it light outside again?" First time I spent a full night awake at an event.

-Mosquitocide.

Thanks to plot and NPCs for a great event!

--Friday night super scary corrupt mod. When we got to the last node I remember lying on the ground halfway through my death count thinking, "you know, we got to our goal, and if we TPK right now I'm cool with that." (Still glad we survived, though!)
--Being the second biggest healer in town, apparently, that was weird.
--Saving people's butts a couple times, feeling effective and having Briar and Asher tell me I'm useful without having to whine about it like Dagmara usually does. :p
--Going with Raggles & company to get the ice artifact. Also halfway through realizing I'm wearing the Cord of the Forsaken and thinking, "Hmm, let's hope that's not a problem somehow..."
--Trying to figure out what to do with the badger who came looking for Kit. "Well, we don't have a Biata here, so we can't try mental stuff, and there's only one, so we can't make a pile..."
--Praetorian packet dodgeball. I mean the first time, when we won. :p
--Getting super mad at the hobling team after losing the first two challenges, and then getting my revenge by ruining the golem hobling's day with a crappy rez story. "And they saw the dog had something in its mouth. Do you know what it was? [Long pause] Oh right, you can't answer because you're like, dead and stuff. Ha!"
--Earth guild spirit possessing Dagmara and hiding in the pitch dark in the grass behind the tavern until whoever was still awake came back with a flashlight. Should've just killed me when you had the chance. ;)
--On a related note: "Alexander, STOP DRINKING THE STRING WATER! It makes you pregnant."
--Victor's awesome duel against the Vrizit. He just... wouldn't... die!
--Hands down WORST part of the event: >120 mosquito bites (I counted) plus 1 tick. Although I did not get a sunburn, so it could've been worse.

Thanks everyone!

First, have to give a big thanks to Kat for agreeing to run the tavern so that I could bring out an alternate PC that wasn’t tied to the tavern. Can’t tell you how much that was appreciated!!

Second, I have to thank a few people who really helped to make my MWE, Trixy, feel welcome.
  • Ragnarok – for being big hearted and welcoming – not forming any preconceived opinions about MWEs.
  • Ilana – for reaching out to include me in her group when they were looking for an extra team member.
  • Maya – for keeping a close eye on Trixy, once she realized that she didn’t have any blacksmithing, and keeping her armor refit during battles.
  • Ignias – for teaching me black smithing

Favorites:
  • Getting to play in the various games
  • Fighting with the Vrizit
  • Watching the Squire battle their head guy and refusing to give up – no matter how many times he was knocked to the ground.
  • Trixy making more money than she had hoped for on her early foray into adventuring. She had people back home who will be excited to receive her earnings. Now she is off to gain more experience and earnings for those she is caring for. Maybe she will come back this way again sometime

Really fun event this weekend, my favorite parts:

-String Water, it'll get you pregnant
- Running around in the bushes after Dagmara/Lillian at midnight. You ma'am are one damn good hider.
- Yanith's Ritual dance. It was SUPER distracting, but then again that was the whole point
- Explaining MI identification to at least 3 people
- Everyone freaking out when Asher started the regen ritual on the squire, and half the population of the tavern clearing out because we thought he'd flawed it horrifically.
- Playing the Celestial backpack game in the V'rr'zt Fight
- "I forgot, Ilana has control of the ward too!!!" After I let Ted into the Newbie's ward to go wake them up.
- The plate throwing competition
- getting a really neat scroll organizer.
- Helping the Squire complete his knight's tasks. I swear there will be blood if he doesn't have a white belt come August.
- Gaden Dueling. Feeling pretty good about myself, until Raeker came out with his polearm, and just knowing I was going to be sitting out in less than 30 seconds.
- Getting invited to the Lowbie's Saturday night mod, and having to struggle to explain IG why having me along for that might not be the best idea...
-"Vadis, continue your quest!"

All-in-all, a super fun event, can't wait for August!

As always, thank you to everyone for such a great game! While there are a lot of people that made this event what it was, I’d really like to shout out to Dave C. and Teague for all of their help in keeping people entertained while the Plot folks were busy, as well as shout out to Kat and Emma for their assistance with feeding us this event! Here are some of my favorites, in no order:

- Madreskal mod and the resulting Dagmara situation.
- Dagmara jokes!
- Most people would say that the odds of rolling a flaw for a ritual are 1 in 10, but for Asher, I’m pretty sure it’s like 9 in 10...
- “Knock knock.” “Who’s there?” “Interrupting Corrupt Construct.”
- Muddy buddies!
- Negotiations with Becker Pranceheart, the Flesh Golem Master. I still say I look surprisingly good with the blue hair.
- Silver Frond clear-the-cave mod, mostly from the looks on y’all’s faces when we opened the fight with a wave of Subjugates.
- Vrizzit fight! I was super excited to hear that we got to do the polite version of the Vrizit fight, rather than the more aggressive “bomb-the-caves-and-infuriate-the-hive” version, and it turned out to be an absolute blast. The duel for dominance between Victor and the Master Vrizzit was great, too.
- Hooper and Socks!
- Saturday night undead encounter with the low level crew. It turns out that not all undead are cheerful and nice like the ones on Friday!
- "Morde is sassy now."

I'm sure there are so many more, but my mind is drawing a blank right now for some reason. In any case, thanks again for all the fun times, and I'll see y'all soon!

well i liked teaching the new adventurers a few skills and repairing ragnarok,s weapon (no problem here.) and then that node hopping to help that stranded group was good though the node-hopping made me queasy, and then that training session was both interesting and intense. the only bad thing was all the mosquitos that spoiled the evening and became a pain in the neck.
david raatz

Back