June Favorites

Cory Walker

Scholar
June Favorites in no particular order

-Barbarians attacking town again. Fighting a battle that I was pretty sure I was going to visiting the resurrection circle.

-I always am amazed at Lola the fortune's teller ability to predict your future. Though I am not sure if my recovery was a nap after taken a Tower of Magi trial or after surviving the barbarian assault. Poor Squire Shiny, catastrophe was that Elder Releasing Ritual.

-Tower of Magi trial. Having to take the trial just to learn more about the tower and then scoring the fastest time? Even when cheating failed, I did that.

-The recovery of stolen goods of the Vanguard. Bluffing the suspect into a mental block and doing a little mind reading instead. Best line of the weekend for me. Suspect: "What group are you apart of?" Me: "Vanguard" Suspect: "That sucks."

-A Magi from the Tower who was visiting the tower and wouldn't give out a name. Then naming him "Fifteen" because of all the clocks on his face were fifteen minutes apart. Then hearing other adventurers later on referring to him as Fifteen.

-Speaking of Fifteen, him sitting his hat down and walking away. I took his hat and wore it. "Why are you wearing his hat" "Why not, it's a good hat." Sometimes the best loot is non magical.

-New laws of the new kingdom. And every single one broken over the course of the weekend. Welcome to the wild land of adventurers.

-Explaining how Biata are a superior race to Rook (a human) and that debate. Only to have Foss chime in at the end to Rook "Don't worry, eventually he will become bitter and insane when everyone he knows and cares about dies."

-Watching Clock freak out in the tavern. It was unfortunate that I couldn't observe Shar handle a guild matter without everyone backing the poor girl against the fire place. She great RPing on her part.

-New thoughts, ideas, and considerations regarding diplomacy. (Thanks Duke Altee and Ahlana).

Rants:

-The F Bomb: In general, seemed to be a lot of this weekend. It is unoriginal, can (and probably did) spark OOG negative feelings, immature, and what was the youngest page we had? 12? I am not saying not use negative taunts or what not. I am significantly less likely to want to play with you.

-Would like to continue to work on immersion. It is a group effort, but small things like pouring the can of soda into a cup in the kitchen and leaving the can in the kitchen is huge. There should be no cans in the common tavern area, period. Not even sure the cup rule that was proposed earlier in the season is still being used or not. This also applies to other food items, such as a plastic bag of heresy chocolates or in the past old pizza boxes (from before game on) left in the tavern. Also bet the tavern keep would enjoy returning the dishes to the kitchen so that they can back into the action and not miss all the action.

My favorites:

"I'm sorry about this": Getting prisoned/confined and amnesiaed twice in one day with that phrase present in both situations. Not the most fun for my character, but DAMN was it funny.

My sword: So masterfully built by Don't and Gnot, that sword made the event for me. Half a shield and twice a sword :D

The new magic item process / Tower of Magi: I love what The Tower brings to the game. We finally have a Mage's Guild! Also, the new magic item drops are awesome. In my opinion, being able to create your own magic item with 'magical essence' (a.k.a. A spotted lizard / girly crown / star) is MUCH preferable than getting a necromantic item for a mod you spent half a day accomplishing.

LATE NIGHT SATURDAY! Having a singing competition with Saro (and winning with Danny Boy) then FINALLY GETTING TO PLAY THAT PIANO. Maple Leaf Rag and Fur Elise for the win!

Overall, the best event I've been to so far!

-The barbarian Saturday night fight. Was tough but I liked how even throughout the chaos we were able to use diplomacy to survive.(of course after a long exhausting battle)

-Defiantly the fortune teller giving me the catastrophe card and then the wand ritual going horribly wrong. Note to self no more fortune telling!!

-The fact that from the second i got into game, i think i heard my named called more then all of adventuring career.

-Figuring out how Vangaurds box got stolen by using Cory(Raynn) mind abilities.

-Having every law broken and having to figure out who and why and when.

-The deals I had to make in order to get slav.... I mean criminals that need rehabilitation.

-The mind flayer and the awesome costuming that went with him.

-Death carnival was awesome! Especially since it took me forever to get into her box. All good things come to those who wait!

I know i have more but these are just some off the top of my head.
Thank you again to all the NPC and the effort you put into making this an amazing game! You guys are awesome!!

My Favorites in no particular order-

1. Magi Trials, and finding out Raynn (oog my older brother) got a better time then me!

2. Standing up to the Barbarians saturday night, and several people trying to use life on me.

3. Death Carnival and slightly advertising for them even though they didn't need the help (so close to cheating).

4. Having our chest stolen and talking in the dark path with shiny, ahlana, and the rest of the vanguard "IS <insert name here> IN CUSTODY!" (in a very angry tone) only to realize they are standing right next to me practically!

5. Seeing some of the newer peoples rp :eek:. Clock coming into the tavern while I was doing loot through me for a loop and I was speechless.

6. Seeing Raynn in Fifteens hat, "Hey.. he looks like a black mage..." jealousy.

7. Interaction with Cerberus during the ritual, some anger lingers there!

8. Listening to Wycliff play the piano, quite skilled and entertaining.

9. Laws put into place... No Necromancy... :rolleyes:

There are others but can't think atm, still trying to recover sleep from the event haha.

I had a great weekend.

Lets see...

1.) Gotta love that fortune teller! I got some monstrous strength from her again!

2.) Going to the plane of lighting and experiencing the biggest face palm. Our controller of the circle of power we used, decided to take a few steps out of the circle, only to get killed and leaving 4 or 5 us stuck inside and 2 or 3 stuck outside. OOG, I was trying not to laugh at this as my friends struggled to stay alive.

3.) In continuation of the plane of lightning, when I taunted the Prince of lightning to let us out of the circle. He did, but tried to kill us. That's when I went ape sh*t and was SOOOOOO close to killing him with everything I had, but those goonies of his got me just in the nick of time to save him.....Oh I had him sweating!

4.) The first barbarian encounter. I really enjoyed watching them get pinned, poisoned, and made to do funny stuff. Oh and the one that had vertigo and just kept rolling away on the ground to avoid our blows....and the one that screamed like a little girl when he got paranoid. haha!

5.) The second barbarian encounter. Man was that an epic fight!!!! For what few numbers we had, I think we kicked some ***!

6.) The Vanguard treasure that was stolen. Collaborating with Shiny, we were able to piece together and pinpoint the person who did it. OOG, that was super fun. IG...well...most of the Vanguard isn't very happy, though we got it all back.

7.) It was quite funny when Bishop(Alex) was exclaiming in game that we better have "the ***" who stole our stuff in custody. Then that awkward moment when the person who stole it was standing there with us (OOG I think), and Bishop whispers to Rayne "hey...is that the guy, who stole our stuff, standing behind me?" Rayne: "...yes..."

RANTS
Pretty much the same as Cory's.

great event love all the stuff that was happening !!!

1. finally able to talk to my elder WIN even if it doesn't turn out how id like. still hopping the elder and Raz have similar mind set.

2. having my stuff taken in game because my box looked more authentic then the actual guild chest………. LOL still think thats hilarious.
If anyone ever wants to know who did it (FOIG) :3 In game I will tell you it was taken care of (evil laughter ensues) hay iv got a reputation to hold.

3. wand back lash OMFG really…….. at least my elder got out now i just need to keep my promos to help the unicorn for Lady Gwen. still that was funny

4. going though a third of my double batched cure lights in one day.(that s*** has to be addictive by now.) everyone was picking everyone up.

RANT: SEE CORY'S

NPC'ing was a bunch of fun! I recommend every player take 1-2 events a season to npc, it really helps the chapter and lets you try something new.

The amount of times I thought "Are we about to wipe the town" only for you guys to pull it off in the end.

The Great Goblin Adventurer!

Stone Elf role play. (bet no one noticed how I ate my diner)

I did, which reminds me: we're you implying something when you named the elf 'Evan'?

No

Rehabilitation.
Having Nyio tell me "this is exactly what you said would happen"
Working with the squires
Getting a magic item from the carnival
Helping Vanguard with the box.

Back