Kid's Campaign Events

Okay, I'm getting started on organizing the Kid's Campaign events for this summer. So far, here are the dates that are being tossed around:

June 27-28
August 1-2

Mike, could you please add these dates to the HQ and FairePlay calendars?

In addition, I am compiling the kid's character sheets as we've decided to let the kids add one additional skill if they attended last year's event. Please send me an e-mail (IvnDrake@aol.com --- note there is no 'a" in "Ivn") with the kid's name, character name and skills they had last year so I can keep track. More information will become available as we move forward.

Lastly, I am appealing to the player base to please help us out and volunteer to NPC for us at these events. Everyone had a great time last year and we're expecting even more kids this summer!

If you have any questions, please contact me at:

IvnDrake@aol.com (note there is no 'a" in "Ivn")

--- Eric Stehle / Ivan Drake

If my ride is going down I would love to npc for this.

How's this, Mike?

June 27-28
"Revenge of the Goblin King!"
A junior campaign for children ages 6-14. Join us as the kids fight to save the town of Riverstone from the Goblin King.... again! Contact Eric Stehle at IvnDrake@aol.com for more information.

August 1-2
"Monsters & Magic"
A junior campaign for children ages 6-14. A new villain threatens Riverstone and only the youngest adventurers in the land can protect the town! Contact Eric Stehle at IvnDrake@aol.com for more information.

I will be going to the June Event with my 9 year old nephew and possibly my sister. I can run the tavern if needed and will do what’s needed and pitch in as much as possible. Me and Orion missed last years event much to our dismay and wont miss it this year.

My girls can't wait to give the Goblin King another beating!!!! I am now off to make finish the new kid size shield, and update costuming. Darn growth spurts! (sounds of shuffling feet)

Dan

So do I have to make weapons and shields for my Nephew or are they using NPC stuff? If I am making them what are the requirements? Is there anything else I should bring? I want him to show up prepared.

Duffy,

Yes, each child will need their own weapons and/or spell packets. The requirements are the same as the regular rules.

A buddy in Deadlands just linked me to this thread and I think it's awesome.

My 10-year old daughter has taken quite an interest in LARPing along with her Dad. When I told her about the age restrictions, she was bummed. Well, this should really make her day.

Where is HQ located again? Is it PA?

Thanks.

This has to be the MOST adorable thing I have ever heard of! Now my daughter can play the game I talk about none stop!

Kudos to the creator of this!! :mrgreen:

Maybe this should be posted in a non-chapter specific area so all the other chapters can find out about it

Dangles said:
A buddy in Deadlands just linked me to this thread and I think it's awesome.

My 10-year old daughter has taken quite an interest in LARPing along with her Dad. When I told her about the age restrictions, she was bummed. Well, this should really make her day.

Where is HQ located again? Is it PA?

Thanks.

Yes. The game will be held at the HQ campsite in northeastern Pennsylvania. Check out www.faireplay.org for pictures and directions to the site.

justduffy said:
Maybe this should be posted in a non-chapter specific area so all the other chapters can find out about it

I did post it on other threads, but no one ever responded.

Oh, and I'm now reduced to begging for NPCs. It looks like we're going to have 30+ kids and we have to keep them busy. If anyone is free during the kid's event weekends, please, please, please consider NPCing for us. I'll buy pizza for you on Saturday night!

You'rv got two ready and willing NPC's here! I'm bring another newbi with me, and she and I would love to NPC, pizza or not. ^_^

Back