Known & Discovered Catalysts

Shen [he/him]

Scholar
Chicago Staff
Marshal
As we travel these New lands, we will discover a great deal of Magic from all types of sources. Catalysts however, can manifest from all walks of the world and the events within. Often (but not always) Catalysts will come into being surrounding similar or related events/times/persons/places/things. By keeping a list of the Catalysts we discover, it will assist us in an attempt to narrow down how or why different catalysts are found and what may cause their creation/empowerment. This is by no means full proof and the Magic of Fortanis can spin forth an infinite of things in infinite scenarios. But, there sometimes is an equally balanced and measurable method to deduce and understand such magics.

General Aspect
  • Greater Circle of Power
    • Appearance: sphere of Light
    • Discovered: Bastion
    • Was going to be used in Ikari's Portal Ritual but when the ritual backlashed the catalysts wasn't consumed and we found it among Discovered expedition supplies.
  • Permanency
    • /Name/
      • Appearance: white Crystal
      • Discovered: Time Caves
  • Obfuscate
    • A Footprint of Shadow
      • Appearance:
      • Discovered
Earth Aspect
  • Sorcerous Triage
    • Bone of a large Beast/drake
      • Appearance: Bone
      • Discovered: within the corpse of a Bedlam Drake which attacked the unnamed Tavern
Celestial Aspect
  • Summon Foundation Elemental
    • The Heart of a Primal Elemental
      • Appearance: A chunk of White Crystal
  • Stable Foundation
    • Heart of Perseverance
      • Appearance: Crystal Pendant
Necromantic Aspect
  • Greater Transformation, Skeleton
    • The Whisper of Stolen Power
      • Appearance: A black viscus liquid that is contained in an Alchemical Bottle and corked & sealed with a thick and permanent paste of Stickiness.
-
Shen

Last edited:
As I did not personally find or identify the new found catalysts in the past few months - can those that hold them please provide their details similar to my already used method - thus allowing me to update that list.

To my knowledge, no catalysts were discovered throughout the october market.. though many held their own journeys and explorations.

Was any new Catalysts discovered and can you describe them so they may be added to the compilation.

A catalyst for stable foundation was found. A long clear crystal.

Binar

To my knowledge no new catalysts have been discovered that we had not seen before.

For those that we have seen, please share their appearance as well as some details about how or where it was found.

Catalysts can be found virtually from anything or anywhere, but often manifested among some things more than others. So it will help us learn where a Catalysts -might- be more easily or frequently found.

Additionally, creatures of power are frequently a reagent of some kind and without proper tracking, are often hunted to endangered levels which I would want us to avoid if we can.

We had the obfuscation catalyst: a footprint of Shadow

We had the obfuscation catalyst: a footprint of Shadow
That is good to hear, although I am not at all surprised to hear that discription.

Though sad it was an activity I probably missed due to my other goings on.

As awkward as the sentence is, how/where was 'A Footprint of Shadow' found?

That is good to hear, although I am not at all surprised to hear that discription.

Though sad it was an activity I probably missed due to my other goings on.

As awkward as the sentence is, how/where was 'A Footprint of Shadow' found?
At the Selunari auction.

Back