Labor Day Fav's

The NPC's that were played this weekend in recurring roles were fantastic. The people who played them really got into the fact that they were named people with stakes in the RP they had with the players, and it made it really immersive. It was also great to have a sign on the earth guild saying "a rep will be here at the top of every hour" and they actually were! Quick moments in no particular order:

-Emily standing in for Bryan as Polare while he went and did rules stuff really quick. "I'm Polare! Inuendo, inuendo, inuendo, SEX!" I had to take a knee after that one.
-Actually getting into being and recognized as the Sherrif by both NPC and PC alike, and knowing that it wasn't just gonna be an empty role thrown out as a bone and only brought back up whenver plot needed a whipping boy.
-Going toe to toe with five or six NPC's at a time shoulder to shoulder with Krieger and holding our own while the others in the party dealt with the casters and the mission at hand. That felt reeeaaaal goooood heheh.
-"peach leather" 'nuff said
-feeling like I got sucker punched in the guts when one of our party members took an Oblit when we all thought she'd be able to dodge something like that should it happen
-sitting circle watch on the DM rit and actually hoping for it to flaw. "Usable only by scouts" muahahaha
-being taught "Wizard" by Polare for funzies and then taking them all to the cleaners the first hand we played for money. Ahhhhhh.

I'm sure there's more and people will post em and remind me of em, but I'm brain fried and gotta get up in six hours to go to work so bleh.

Wow, this event was so different from what I usualy expect from an event. The smaller player base led to interaction that wouldnt have taken place with a larger group in my opinion. As to favorite moments..

-Three legged goblin race to get the silver flower.
-Visiting the blind prophet Mona in the cave after dark, I couldnt see a thing.
-Realizing just how intimidating it can be to have a large rat scavenger shaking you like a toy while screaming at you. (Probably my new favorite nero moment.)
-Losing happy memories to a nightmare creature and going crazy.
-Doing Crazy things.

So many other things. It was a great event and I loved the interaction between people. I dont know if it was the small numbers leading to more interaction, but everyone seemed to be so much more alive this event. The Roleplay was amazing.

I loved all the roll play. I was actually allowed to stay out as an npc for a very long time and it allowed for alot more introcet RP.

The whole event was loads of fun.

-I liked that there were some constant NPCs. It helped make the line between NPC and PC less distinct.
-Learning how to play Wizard with Polare, Alavatar, and Solomon. Winning the first time we play, when we're not playing for money. Doing terribly as soon as we play for money.
-Getting really excited about going to help on some Queen of Nightmares thing, going in to do dishes, and when I came out the town was deserted. Scary.
-Trying to help Alavatar decode the dark dwarf thing and listing possible words "blood, kill, bleeding, torture, murderer... maybe not."
-Sunday afternoon mana-wars.
-The NPC orphans. Telling them to run when some stuff ran at us. By the time it went down and I turned to find them, they were gone. oops.
-NPCing the scorpions on Monday morning. And almost everyone sleeping through it.
-Sunday night mischief

1. Bardakh Kazhduhn!
actually made the NPC's stop in their tracks with RP dwarven battleshout. that was cool.

2. All thegood RP
3. The integration of the PC's/NPC's within the trade district framework. I am glad this is working well.
4. Seeing people caring about the game and the people in it. The community that is our game is the main reason I bought the chapter in the first place.
5. Seeing people's reactions to the town crier, and hearing the news integrated into the RP later. "The priceof grain is rising? well, the (baker we just met yesterday) is going to have hard times!

thank you all for coming.

Oh! I forgot to mention that I loved hearing the town crier. Everything they said was so casual. Like "Yeah, grain prices going up, apple prices going down, you're all going to die this evening."

Im sure after the final battle with the all the scorpions and Dark dwarves scattering through town his next act will be "Bring out your dead, Bring out your dead..."

Yes having the town crier was wonderful. Waking up to that was fun.

Ohh and I loved the iron jaw mask Brewer made.

And Congrats to Matt on surviving your first event as Staff. :)

Hehe.. thank you Eric.. I learned a lot of stuff this event and had tons of fun doing it. I hope you all really enjoyed the event. (Especially all the banditness ^_^)

I would like to take this time to thank the not so spot lighted staff members when it came to this event as well as others. Thank you Eric, Crystal, Brad, and Amber. The logistics team kept me up to date on pre reg and hearsay on who may be comming to the event. That made plot writing better, amber and I'm not sure who else did a great job with monstercamp so we could find what we needed and get the killing started. Even though we had a fairly small turn out, logisitics went fast. I was down in monstercamp when they came to get the tag boxes and after smoking and going to the boys room I went to the tavern and logisitics was done. Great job you guys. I want you all to know your hard work is mucho loved!

Brewer

Where to begin...

-The angry dwarven ambassador, Ulfgar Hammersong, "If you were my herald I would have you beaten."

-The fight against the dark dwarves in their cave, being prisoned, and the battle lasting longer then my prison. Kudos to all of the PCs (Krieger, Nakia, Polare, Solomon) that fought for the whole fight, and kudos to all of the NPCs that withstood the assault!

-The DM Ritual. Thanks, Solomon, for being paranoid and ensuring the dwarf did not wake up!

-Krieger, as always, whooping some fey.

-The berserk fey, causing Polare and Teth to go berserk. That was one mad fight! "Polare's down! Heal him!" *Polare gets healed and wakes up, swinging Translator at those that healed him* "AHHHHHH!"

-The fight against Pagliacci (I think?). "Evade! Evade! Evade! Evade! Dodge! Dodge! Evade! Evade! Dodge! 14 Body! Dodge! Evade! Evade!" Crazy.

-All of the RP with the NPCs! Between Gemino, his partner, Bear, Shikitty, Micheal, the goblins, Maggie, and whatnot it definately felt like a new area! Really cool.

-My wine sales were excellent!

-Getting drunk in mourning (and in the morning). As long as Alavatar has spirits he will not be kept down!

-Logistics, last minute though they were, went really smoothly. Great job, logistics people!

-Getting to do some more de-coding! And failing miserably due to lack of material. Then being enticed by Dave to go to gamedays by telling me that some have gone out at game days. Let me know more then 2 weeks in advance and I might be able to actually make them. :)

-Retreiving my box from MC on Monday morning about 11am while in my street clothes, then Dave telling me that game wasn't called and I should get back into game. Knowing that I was one of two PCs awake and that most of our upper level PCs were leaving I sighed and got back into costume ... only to get swarmed by 6 scorpians, dying, and having Gemino carry me around town looking for a life spell.

-Dominating the last dark dwarf, having already cast a Lightning Storm, and walking to Pheadra's Ward. Almost there, I thought a Dragon's Breath (my last spell of the day) would take down the dwarf. My face must have been priceless when Shane uttered the word "Taken" as he cast Pin then Bind on me.

A few other things happened that should be FOIG stuff, so I think I will refrain from saying more. Good event! I'll probably be NPCing the November event since it will be the first WC Campaign game.

-Playing Minotaurs with Carmen! And leaving our men when they couldn't beat Krieger at arm wrestling.
-Being constantly bugged by NPCs who wanted to go back out.
-Running Mona's scavenger hunt, and trying to see through my blindfold enough to act spooky.
-Teth found Rose!
-Hearing that everyone had fun.

Thank you to my very enthusiastic NPCs, hard working staff, and to the PCs for thier support.

Amber

Oh, Dragging the earth guild mistress down the stairs of the guild after slapping her accross the face to live alavatare as Jemino.

Renner said:
Oh, Dragging the earth guild mistress down the stairs of the guild after slapping her accross the face to live alavatare as Jemino.

Wow... they don't make em with spines anymore, do they?

Yeah, this one actually stuck with her husband till he died, and so far as we know isn't a necromancer, so she's kind of a novel concept for an earth guild mistress.

:lol:

Maxondaerth said:
Yeah, this one actually stuck with her husband till he died, and so far as we know isn't a necromancer, so she's kind of a novel concept for an earth guild mistress.

:lol:

Maybe if his fidelity had been stronger than his emo she'd have stuck around. BTW, your bitter is showing.

Bitter? Damn near killed 'er! (gotta love the classics)

You just believe whatever ya like, dearie. Never really regretted a minute of it, or how it turned out, except it meant we don't hang out and chat nearly as much as we used to. C'est la vis I guess.

Might have something to do with the lack of closure on the character. If you hadn't noticed, "happily ever after", let alone "the end", don't seem to be included with her retirement.

The weather was nice.

Oh! And when I walked out of the cabin with a huge bowl of cookies, trying to sell them. And little pixies were like "COOKIES" and confined me and killed me and ate my cookies.

Back