Labor Day Weekend Event Favorite Moments!

I can't help but notice that no one has started one of these yet, so here we go...

Honor Bear Popper Scare - I thoroughly enjoyed the lair card that looked like it would be a normal honor bear fight, but ended up being an undead honor bear popper fight, the looks on your faces when I turned around were priceless. Also, Anna, I love it when you roar back at my npcs. =D

Target Practice - Fighting at the tavern as a weakling zombie, and getting pinned by Luke, only to be used as target practice for evocation training while I flailed my claws helplessly.

Undead burglars - We entered the PC cabins as poppers, rifting right through wards to find the various dragon bone items, only to discover that some clever PC had set an explosive trap under an ornate box on their bedside table. That HURT, and made us a lot more cautious when searching further cabins.

Stone Cast Therapy - Last but not least I have to mention the stone cast therapy session again because it was incredibly intense and moving, thank you Zaz, that was awesome.

I know I got to talk during Closing, but there were a ton of moments that I didn't get to mention.

OoG Human Moments - Not event-specific, but the short times out of game where we help one another out are really awesome. Ex: rule clarifications, combat advice/feedback/corrections, supplying information a character would know that the player doesn't, etc. I know it breaks immersion a bit, but Alliance would probably be a lot less enjoyable for me without these moments of kindness.

Chuckles and the Bones - The Living Necromancers got up to some incredibly goofy shenanigans before the PCs came and ousted us from our home. Now I really want to make that Xylobone band a reality. (Currently researching how to make a Kalimba so I can maybe make a Kalimbone.)

Oatmeal Squad - Over the course of a single meal Miik (my first official named Oregon NPC, who I was kinda nervous about messing up with) was able to make some awesome friends that share his taste in breakfast foods.

Two of Diamonds - Hearing a popper stole a card from Jack Diamond and subsequently finding a card while searching Disease's Cache was cool, and I'm excited to see what happens because of that card.

Cowardly Popper - Setting traps around cabins in broad daylight wasn't the most effective strategy, and I wasn't even able to trick people into setting one off properly. I did waste some PCs' time though, and in the end I think Disease would approve of that.

Poppin' Locks - Glad that getting a lockpicking set and learning to use it paid off.

"Why does she have so many Eyeballs?!" - The decor in the "Disease's Cache" mod cabins was both disturbing and on point, as were PC reactions to it. The sheer volume of eyes and the trap attached to the useless creepy decapitated head were both particularly amusing.

Lacking in Decay - Talking to some undead guards & pretending to be a security inspector, the discussion turned to how the guards feel about being stuck protecting the cache, which led to this wonderful exchange:
"I think the view here's pretty great. You've got rot... You've got death... What more could you want?"
"Decay?"
"I think there's some decay here."
"It could definitely do with more decay though."
"Oh yeah, you can never have too much decay."

Post-Mod RP - Mentioned at Closing, but I really enjoyed hanging out as Miik after we shattered that skull thing. It was an interesting dip into the PC side of things. And seriously, I keep tearing up with joy a bit when I remember Miik being told "Tell Baki that I was really impressed by you."

Shirt: Off - When it got ridiculously hot out I felt completely comfortable with taking my shirt off. Which a testament to how amazing all of you are, since "fine with this person seeing me shirtless" is basically the highest tier of trust I posses.

Taunting - Had fun teasing melee-focused PCs protecting the ritual circle because I had packet attacks and they couldn't come out and hit me. It was great when a PC teased back when I missed a bunch and proceeded to down me after a we had fun exchange of taunting and egging-on.

"With Eldritch Force I Disarm your Dwarf" - Was mentioned at closing, but still worth recording. Carrying a downed PC to a KBA NPC in the last minute of the Ritual fight, when Jimmy (I think. If I got your name wrong I'm incredibly sorry.) noticed and hit me with that peculiar incantation.

"Slowed" and "Weakened" - In the last night's battle against Drain, my fighting "style" (very tired => mindlessly shuffling forward + languidly waving a short claw + low-energy damage calls) was so incredibly ineffective that I heard a PC say "Attack that one, it's Slowed and Weakened!" as I approached.

Too Much? - I went heavy on the fake blood tears, which understandably concerned some people in NPC Camp, but the awesome look of it running all the way down my neck during the battle was worth it.

The whole damn game, the whole damn Season, has been so amazing, that it's hard to pick out singular moments to mention.

I named my biggest favorites at closing, but here are a few others:

Playing a Dark Unicorn during the final Drain fight. I've never played such a buff monster before. I felt satisfyingly terrifying, and fabulous!
I helped Drain capture Ser Panda (I've never managed to even make her BLINK before...) And at one point I managed to paralyze three people in a row, and was quite proud of myself...
Until Luke and some other PCs came and murdered me. :eek:

Being lucky enough with timing that I was in the Tavern as Theah when the mission for Verikol's bones was announced, and having the interaction with Ser Hivius where she told Theah that she couldn't join the fight. Then, moments before Theah dejectedly left the Tavern, having Ser Hivius change her mind and allow her to stay.

Getting to watch the PC auction process for splitting up loot. I had no idea you guys did that! The whole process was fascinating.

All the RP that allowed me to get to know your PC characters better. I love exploring all the fabulous stories you've wrought together over time.

You guys rock. :cool:

Missed out on Closing, but I had a blast. Here were my highlights:

Warm Welcome:
I've been gone 2 years (18-24 credits = no free weekends) and was really nervous coming back because I didnt know what was new, and I got the warmest welcome from Monster Camp and felt SO at home. Thanks you guys.

Bone Band:
I did NOT expect my suggestion for the Necromancer Bone Band to take off like it did. Asking PC's if they played a musical instrument and getting deeply confused looks was amazing. Also the bone puns were priceless. I think we got a xylibone, trombone, and a lot more...

Geren: I came to this game hoping to just be a monster for most of it, and then I was recommended to play Geren as an NPC and the weekend turned into something VERY different than expected.
Interactions with Ben as Squire Travis were really emotional, talking to the PC's about his plight was hilarious, and best of all- I got some honest to god *amazing* relationship advice from some of the PC's who jumped in... Everything valuable I learn about life is from larping haha! I was also cracking up over being intercepted in my attempt to poster the tavern with solicitations to "mend a broken heart for 2 gold, inquire with Geren."
Also getting gold from Johnathan for being jumped by baddies and turned undead was actually super heartwarming, and being offered dinner by a pack of PC's after Hero Cake was lovely.

Mummy Madness:
Making PC's run in fear is always good.

Poppers:
My late-night decision to run madly through the darkness around the Tavern ended with me getting hit with something like a 400 Body shot for the greatest overkill I have experienced. Good show.

The Baby:
The absolutely out of place baby doll Olé found in one of the cabins on an adventure was so bizarre and great, I couldnt stop laughing through the fight...

Birthday Bash:
Happy Birthday times! The snacks were so good! It made my day :)

Pantherghast 1v1:
Singling out some folks on Monday morning was pretty epic, especially vs Tadeusz (spelling? I'm sorry). That was my favorite fight of the weekend 100%.

Food:
The NPC meal plan was excellent, thanks so much to the cook and helpers!!!! I was well fed.

Spawn Mom:
Thank you!!! The Spawn Mom function really helped me get my bearings. Spawn Mom is best mom.

The Baby:
The absolutely out of place baby doll Olé found in one of the cabins on an adventure was so bizarre and great, I couldnt stop laughing through the fight...

What!!!??? It was just there on the bed all by itself, not in the OOG box. I was like, well, "Disease is a Hoarder, this is weird, but I'm going to roll with it," as I come running out of the cabin with it dangling from my hand.

1. All of the RP while laying around in the grass on Saturday. Having to explain why Sylvanborn don't have 1,000 children and learning the ins and outs of lizardkyn genitals! "The Durnic should pull its dangly bits inside itself for protection."
  2. Being a popper in the Circle fight and fighting dirty. The popper fight inside the tavern was absolutely incredible and will probably live on as one of my all-time favorite LARP fight memories for a good long while. We murderized a lot of people suddenly and violently.
  3. The amazing RP that Necromancy spawned, including:
    1. The talk with Luta about Necromancy and the severe punishment that it, in Durnic's mind at least, definitely requires. The consequences for tolerating the use of it when fighting against it, and all of the other comments that came with it.
    2. The conversation I had with Ole about making deals with Necromancers in the future and what I would have to do... her being my kin or not. We delved into our mutual backstories and things got pretty emotional there for a bit. Great RP.
    3. Talking to the NPC Necromancers on Friday night during our original attack and trying to get them to lay down arms. Then having one of them come back later on Sunday to give up their previous ways.
    4. Talking to Hengin about Morridan and the consequences of his actions.
  4. The popping Biata. We were fortunate to get back to our cabin in time to catch them running off with the Fingerbone of First Dracolich. "You are literally doing shifty eyes right now." Then he turned and Doom'd two level two characters, hahaha.
  5. I loved NOT ironically 10%ing (again!) after just having purchased a Regeneration catalyst.
  6. Resurrection story from Shocs. Originally I was going to refuse resurrection from anyone that wasn't Krystina but when it was Amy that offered I thought for a moment before thinking, "ah, screw it; this is going to be good". And it was. Durnic now has an interest in sunning himself on a warm rock lizardkyn-style.
  7. The food was lovely. Thank you to Jess for taking on that massive PC meal plan. The Saturday breakfast with the bacon and egg croissant dough was heavenly; I could eat that for every meal when LARPin'.
  8. Talks with Squire Travis, that man is always a pleasure to deal with.
  9. The fallout from Shin's decisions years prior with the Witherdrake and all of the RP with the Red Thorn tribe. Really an awesome ending to something that had drawn in many of us for so long.
  10. Morridan is getting quite the reputation of sneaking into places. I woke up one morning thinking, "oh hey I'll just go scout out one of these caches" and it turns out that Morridan had already found one and just needed people to go knock it over. They grow up so fast!
  11. Singing Happy Birthday to Ole.
  12. All of the RP about having the leaves on our heads on Saturday.
  13. When Ser Panda was having Gift of Life cast on her and Squire Bevin and I started to recite the Code of Chivalry at her. So good.

What!!!??? It was just there on the bed all by itself, not in the OOG box. I was like, well, "Disease is a Hoarder, this is weird, but I'm going to roll with it," as I come running out of the cabin with it dangling from my hand.
    This was definitely hilarious in a very creepy way. Especially how you came running out of the cabin with it just... dangling by its arm.

Last edited:
  • Dryad of Wither! Pre-fight necromancer shenanigans were a hilarious start to game.

• “I’m not going to kill your boyfriend” “Oh. Wow. No. Ian is not my boyfriend. Bandoleer and friend! Not boyfriend. No.”

• The kidnapping of Killian and the rp after.

• Long talks with Shin and Little on community, philosophy, and the life of an adventurer. Always appreciate those moments.

• Shortest prison lecture ever – “All I have to say is, that Prashka-Myevka would be proud.”

• Seeing Roscoe’s best/worst idea come to fruition and then all sorts of people popper riding.

• All the big fights. We took deaths, lost people, and felt pressed. They were all really great, thank you.

• Mandara Bola – **** man. Not what I expected, but it was a good end.

• Kitchen time with Gabe!

• Grilled foods Saturday afternoon in the sun. That was such a lovely moment. {also hot pot, but I was only awake enough for a half-bowl}

Thank you all for the great RP, conversations in and out of character, and all the amazing fights. This was a great weekend. Worth the few hours of sleep and ridiculous humidity. I can’t wait for November.

I'm never going to be able to forget the image of you holding that thing with a look of mixed horror and confusion on your face what a weird thing to find?!

• Shortest prison lecture ever – “All I have to say is, that Prashka-Myevka would be proud.”

I have no idea what this is referring to, but I suspect she would be... ;D

Probably my biggest moment was having Mortikai approach me before the final defense and say that Mandara Bola wanted to speak with me. I had a moment of intense fear since I was one of the idiots people not skewering undead on sight (that was an intense rant at the time). Being essentially handed the Undead Forge just about made me cry. Just kidding, I did. All the hugs and support from folks both in and out of game was amazing, and sitting in the circle while everyone I had met died around us was definitely a cinematic moment.

Anyway, thank you all for such a good game! I'll def be coming back and bringing friends. <3

Probably my biggest moment was having Mortikai approach me before the final defense and say that Mandara Bola wanted to speak with me. I had a moment of intense fear since I was one of the idiots people not skewering undead on sight (that was an intense rant at the time). Being essentially handed the Undead Forge just about made me cry. Just kidding, I did. All the hugs and support from folks both in and out of game was amazing, and sitting in the circle while everyone I had met died around us was definitely a cinematic moment.

Anyway, thank you all for such a good game! I'll def be coming back and bringing friends. <3
You were kick ***. I hope you make it to BroS!

- Playing NPC theatre on Friday night and all the necromantic ridiculous that ensued (the Chuckles lineage, the Bone Band, etc.)

- All of Markle's no-good-very-bad weekend. At least she didn't rez this time! But even that might've been better than getting Hivius's teacher voice:eek: Markle better count her lucky stars that she's not the one on latrine duty (sorry Theah:cool:)

- Getting duped as an undead by adventurers claiming to be Disease's cache inspectors. Absolute gold.

- During the Drain fight on Sunday night, dragging Soli's bleeding-out body most of the way to Drain, only for the ritual to go off. Talk about cinematic moments, holy crow-- that whole night!

- The fantastic NPCs who were playing with Alliance for their first time ever this event and absolutely knocked it out of the park. Zane, Daniel, Arthur, and anyone else who I might be forgetting-- you guys are amazing, and I hope to see you back!

~ I gotta start with all the Gidjli rp. Gidjit and Soli haven't been to a game together since they got together. it was wholesome and silly and mischievous and supportive. And it got stressful at times, like when Soli rezzed and when Gidjit got turned and taken. But it was also so supportive like when Gidjit stayed with Soli during the ressurections after Mandara died because Soli wanted to be sure they didn't lose anyone else. And Handkerchief gifts! Thanks Anna for the amazing rp.

~ Naked Hengin spellcrafting on friday night. No Brent wasn't actually naked but when he said ig Hengin was so I behaved accordingly and covered his junk from my view. That was hilarious.

~ Doing my first spellcrafting and rituals! Sorry for making Khyriel cry I didn't even notice! I'm glad to get such good feedback on the chimes. They will be returning.

~ Getting rezzed for the first time and this time I wasn't being a reckless dummy! I got charmed, then awakened but ended up 10 feet behind Drain and she didn't notice me. Nearest back up was like fifty feet away. So if I run she'll kill me before i get there. So I back up slowly hoping that if i can get to the treeline unnoticed I can regroup with the others. But then a spectre (aka a double hooking Isaac. I still blame you haha jk) spawned in, looked right at me and barreled down at me. Even I knew that was it. Just a matter of who was going down with me. I definitely enjoyed killing the spectre and reflecting the shatter spirit at Drain. It was sad to say "body dissipates" as my character for the first time and dropping all my gear right then and there. Death feels real in Alliance which is hella rad and immersive.

~ Jack Diamond investments. I'm just gonna leave that there. That whole conversation was really enjoyable and I loved how we bet on our stories. Sad I lost but I didn't mind telling that story.

~ Mortikai and Shin discussions. They're both brilliant but both go about things very differently. It's really intriguing to see them go on and on. Loved meeting you Isaac.

~ Mortikai's oddness after he connected with Alluvio. The rp after that was extremely intriguing. "Her color is blue," in reference to me. "Because both sides of magic want to be used by her." Nope, no chills what so ever. Definitely not.

~ Me: One of the horns broke off my headband. Can I bloody myself up with prop blood and say it got cut off during the last fight.
Ben Thayer with a **** eating grin: Yes. Please. Absolutely.
Those pictures came out amazing.

~ Mandara Bola...such a feelsy moment. I don't think I've actually cried at an event before but damn that got me sobbing.

~ Hava's story for Soli's Resurrection and her ceremony for Soli earning her high magic title as Mystic Soli Bluemoon. Both were amazing and beautiful.

~ The lightning cast needing to buy me a milk shake because i rezzed and he was technically leading the mission. So I tell him about what happened with the first mission I lead, which was when Soli tried to steal a bone of Verikal from a year ago. It was great rp, thanks Jay

~ Speaking of bones of Verikal finally after a year getting to finish what I started and steal a bone of Verikal. Then I proceeded to pass it off to someone, tell someone else and have Hava erase my memory of it since everyone knew I stole it. But the fact that I got to steal one for real this time was seriously needed closure for Soli.

~ Shin thinks of a possible high magic title for himself and tells Soli and Mortikai. Both of us have the same reaction at the same time. "Lightbringer? As in Lumos?! That is a bad idea in way too many ways to discuss in one sit down."

I'm really relieved Soli and Artia's ring fights are over, but they were a lot of fun. Thanks Barb for taking my getting into Drain's head like a champ. Monday there was a moment where you came hard at me with your claws and I was frankly amazed that I blocked all but one of them which didn't fully eat up my armor. It was really fun having our characters go at each other this past year and reading the diary was fantastic. But now Soli doesn't have to be so worried and obsessive and she's grown a lot because of this enemy. Yay. Anyways thanks Barb. I'm really excited to see where you're going to take this story next with the rest of your plot team.

- During the Drain fight on Sunday night, dragging Soli's bleeding-out body most of the way to Drain, only for the ritual to go off. Talk about cinematic moments, holy crow-- that whole night!

I was literally 2 seconds passed bleeding out into my death clock thinking "I'm totally gonna rez again" but then the ritual goes off. Saved! Hahaha. Epic. Also Amber-Rose seeing me get dragged off during a hold and having to come over and hug me, just dwawww. You give great hugs girl. So do you Emma.

Last edited:
I have so many favorites it is hard to even begin. Here is a list in no particular order.

• Best apprentice ever. Period. Erik is super awesome and rolls with the punches on an OOG level. Hengin and Morriden's relationship continues to grow and gain depth as we go on and I can't even explain how much fun this weekend was with all that RP.
  • Adventuring with Bevin and Thud. It is always fun, always. We are all extremely effective in our own ways, and when we get to take the field together it is truly a delight! :D
  • Preparing for the final fight. I was genuinely shaking with excitement and nerves. I thought there was a real chance things would go sideways somehow and preparing for that was awesome!
  • Shade Shenanigans during the hot midday time. Laughs, milkshakes, and great people.
  • One of the most epic and cinematic fights I have been in....almost ever. That circle fight was AMAZING and it was just so great to be able to be apart of it. Getting yelled at for nearly abandoning the field was delightful afterwards because it was just pressure being vented. The ritual in the tavern was incredible thanks to the AMAZING work of the NPC's and Double Hookers. Here one of the poppers in the Triage backup circle saying "Release Desease or I kill them all" and as Hengin just thinking "Yeah...acceptable losses." in regards to keeping the bigger ritual secure.
  • Thud Protective Reflex for a light spell. OMG.
  • Getting to PC with Nick Bond after all these years. It was really, really fun.
  • RITUALS! 2 fast-cast Gift of Life were so great, and all of the fallout RP after that. Sir Panda was a super highlight as I wasn't expected to have to do it at all and the RP was full improv and raw. Loved it all.
  • Mummy Fight! Was a blast, and really I enjoyed the multiple times that PC's came running back into town with baddies at their heels. It was a great way to bring that fight in to a greater group and was just a blast.
  • Panthergaunts! Oathsworn one popped out and I was tapped on everything. Calling for Thud and seeing that poor magical creature get riddled with holes.
  • Red Thorn's are always so much fun, and a delight.
  • Getting to commit everything to a fight and having nothing left at the end. It doesn't happen often and it is amazing when it happens. Thank you NPC's and Plot for great scraps and some fun scaling on those fights.
  • Ben as my necro-counterpart in that Circle fight was awesome!
  • Witnessing the bonding of a Dragon and Apprentice <3 So cool to see in game, and actually happening!
  • Finally sitting down with the Wayfinder Lodge and realizing we are all kind of on the same page. It was an interesting talk :)
  • There is a LOT more that I am not thinking about or can't remember at the moment. Sorry if you weren't listed, but I loved every minute of this event!

Pantherghast 1v1:
Singling out some folks on Monday morning was pretty epic, especially vs Tadeusz (spelling? I'm sorry). That was my favorite fight of the weekend 100%.
Wow, thank you for the compliment! And you got the spelling right. That fight had to rate up there for me. Pantherghast shunning non-Selunari, Ian was on the other side of the field, my sword had been lost (In-game, thank you again Jason for helping me find it!) Saturday night. So, screw it, borrowed Morriden's sword and went "full Shasanka!"

- I had a lot of interpersonal Role play with Ashley on two fronts, as SquireTheah, and as Pyton the Selunari Messenger, including doing a resurrection for Pyton. Ian and I explained to her that I had to tell her a story to grt her to come back, no she had to tell us a story about how she ended up there, including the way to start all good stories: "So, no $h*t, there I was..."

- Going on a Disease puzzle mission with Morriden, Dalion, Khyriel, Tanis and Shin. Shin got a pet snake out of it, and in the preliminary scouting, I stayed outside fighting off the undead. Someone said "This building has some sort ofa creepy doll in it. You wanna take a look?" "Nope, I'm good out here, with the undead."

- Dan told this one at the end of game, but Sunday night fight, assault on Drain, Ian's paralyzed, Amost is prisoned and dying/dead, and I'm almost dead and diseased. Drain kills Ian, ritual goes off, Ian wakes up as Drain's dust is drifting down on him.
That's what I got.
Brian

- Dan told this one at the end of game, but Sunday night fight, assault on Drain, Ian's paralyzed, Amory is prisoned and dying/dead, and I'm almost dead and diseased. Drain kills Ian, ritual goes off, Ian wakes up as Drain's dust is drifting down on him.

That was the most intense couple of minutes at the end there. Looking up and seeing you two, my heart just sank.

That was the most intense couple of minutes at the end there. Looking up and seeing you two, my heart just sank.
That retreat was just a wild-*** run when it should have been an orderly withdraw. :(

That weekend was one of the most fun weekends I have ever have.
1. Talking with a necromancer about the band they were trying to start on Friday.
2. Learning the rules of Sedovia Saturday with the help from Bevin
3. Just sitting in the shade of the tree and listening to the stories and conversations
4. Becoming temporary in command of the militia and have no idea what i'm doing
5. Seeing Shin after 4 years and so many more people and feeling like crying
6. The elemental's showing up Saturday morning and freaking out about what do i do and the Squire Hue comes over and become my negotiator. Then after a few minutes him coming back to us saying he is going to the plain of fire for a year.
7. All the fun times were awesome

~From Lael

Back