LARP Hot Spots in the Pacific Northwest

Lianna

Greetings,

My name is Lianna and I am an avid LARPer, role-player and gamer. I have participated in many a LARP here in Southern California as a player, writer, and as a costumer and prop maker. I am also the founder of Melodramatic Mysteries Interactive Theater (a theater style LARP group) and The Wyvern Manor Gaming Society (a tabletop RPG and board gaming group).

Pam, my partner of 36 years, and also a LARPer/gamer, and I are planning on moving to the Pacific Northwest later this year. We are currently looking at the areas around Portland, Olympia and Seattle. When we do relocate, we hope to continue our active roles in the LARPing and gaming communities, and would like to be a geographically close to as many activities as possible. Could someone tell us where the centers of LARP activity are in Oregon and Washington?

Thanks! I hope to hear from you soon!

Lianna :O)

Alliance games for Oregon range from the coast (around Astoria, OR), the Gorge (near Goldendale, WA). Seattle is mostly held at Millersylvania State Park in Washington. There are a lot of other LARPs that range from the Portland to Seattle area...it comes down to what kind of game you are looking for more than anything.

Alliance games for Oregon range from the coast (around Astoria, OR), the Gorge (near Goldendale, WA). Seattle is mostly held at Millersylvania State Park in Washington. There are a lot of other LARPs that range from the Portland to Seattle area...it comes down to what kind of game you are looking for more than anything.

Well...being the founder/head of Melodramatic Mysteries, and having roots in role-playing, I am a bit partial to theater style games. However, I do enjoy boffer fantasy/combat type LARPs that have a good plot and ample opportunity for role-playing. Someday soon, I would like to try some experimental/Euro/Nordic style games too. I haven't yet had the chance to participate in any World of Darkness type vampire LARPs.

MM games include almost every genre of story. Mostly mystery, but also horror (particularly Lovecraftian), western, steampunk, fantasy, or whatever sounds interesting. Our last event was a Lovecraftian horror game that lasted nine hours and took place all over the city in which we live.

There is a large OWoD game, Shadow Accord. It is hosted by NWLarpers.org it is less combat and more roleplay.

Just as an FYI, Alliance Seattle has its own forum that it uses. Check it out at

http://www.alliance-seattle.com

I went, I saw, I registered! :O)

I'm not sure where to post questions in the forum though. The only options seem to be, "Announcements" (which is for staff only), and "Web Site Support". Am I looking in the wrong place? I don't want to get off on the wrong foot before I even get there. :Op

I went, I saw, I registered! :O)

I'm not sure where to post questions in the forum though. The only options seem to be, "Announcements" (which is for staff only), and "Web Site Support". Am I looking in the wrong place? I don't want to get off on the wrong foot before I even get there. :Op
Once your user account is approved by an admin (they've had some spam problems and this is their way around) you'll see the rest of the forums.

Howdy,
I run a local podcast about LARPing and role-playing in the area. Feel free to PM me if you want more information on the other local area LARPs. I have played many of them and know most of the staff members who run them. Many of the NW LARPs tend to use WA, since sites are more available and cheaper (hence why Alliance OR plays some of there games in WA.)

I am currently running the rules for a game called, the World of Oz, a steampunk, high-fantasy LARP, based loosely off of the Wizard of Oz cannon. Shadow Accord is a great faction game ad uses the same site as Oz in WA. If you name your favorite style, I can find a LARP for you.

Back