Larp Question Tuesday: Music!

Gunnar

Squire
Music greatly influences many things in our lives.

Does your primary character have a theme song? If they have many, what is their main theme song, and why?

-Ali

Zehnyu has gone through many, many songs over her ten years of play. However, while not a theme song, General Taylor is her funeral dirge. I feel like if that cat ever permed, it's what she'd be remembered for.

-Ali

My main character has a history of wasting his shatters on any musical instrument he comes across...

I use a play list that basically forces me through the major parts of her life as I prep for game; it grows with each new major event; it starts with "Touch the Sky" from Brave as her childhood/home and ends with "Sum of Our Parts" by Mary Lambert.

In the end no matter the changes that happen to my main I seem to always land on "While Your Lips are Still Red" by Nightwish...

Durnic's theme song is definitely "Storming New Caprica" from the Battlestar Galactica soundtrack. Its very military with the percussion line, has a bit of sadness and then... triumph. Love this track.

I've grown away from having a full playlist, particularly since I have a loving spouse in the car up to game to talk to (who gets somewhat in the way of listening to music), so Ther never had a good theme song or a playlist. I used to have HUGE playlists for all my characters.

My new character has a theme song, which is "I'll Drown" by Sóley (specifically the live version, which has more happiness in it!):

Vellis Valeriana only has a worst case scenario theme song. Her playlist is in-game songs for resurrections and funerals.

(The worst case scenario theme song is "Let it Go.")

Not so much a theme song, as a vibe and attitude...

And for those who remember Mazareth Nachtrichter (Not a PC but i certainly needed this song to get into his character

This is the song on Mischa's playlist that resonated the most by season closer this year.

This is the song that has followed her for two years, though.

Dorgun: (shocking)

Oh man, VNV Nation... now I'm going to have to listen to them allllllllllll day. Thanks @Lord Jonothan.

I usually spend the ride up cycling between Great Big Sea, The Chieftans, Procol Harum, and Zepplin.

But the song that gets me into Rhuadri's head is Dropkick Murphys' Fields of Athenry.

I'd have to say that Zeth's song would be Serenity by Godsmack.

Unless he's Obliterating someone.

Then...then it's...a totally different song....

Back