Larp Question Tuesday: Music!

- Seek and Destroy

- Erlkonig

- Commendatore scene from Don Giovanni

Theme song. Plus extra verses.
Gets me ready for the weekend and Friday night wave battles.

Last edited:
I'm still really new to the character play lists game so I have battle music:

And Gidjit is an Orc who orcs around very Orc-ally, however I am working on making her less one dimensional, and this covers some internal stuff that is going on.

I QA for gw2, so I spend a lot of time listening to the music...

I'd say, for Velnaeus, it would be 'Wake me up', by Evanescence. That guy has some issues.

Parabol and Parabola, Tool.

There's a long list of what Phedre sings, but these have been on my "get into the right mindset" list for as long as I've had one.

@John: Sgt. MacKenzie always hits me in the guts. Excellent choice.

Sacrifice and unwavering bravery. Who wouldn't love it. Oh yeah, and BAGPIPES! Really help to get me in the mood to slid on the kilt and get the weekend started.

Parabol and Parabola, Tool.

There's a long list of what Phedre sings, but these have been on my "get into the right mindset" list for as long as I've had one.

I hear this and completely thought of Phedre:

Drive to game song (Gets Tony to game!)

Gettin' ready for gettin after it (Gets Tony ready to play!)

but, I would have to think that Raganzi's theme song would have to be

@A.mungo: I always thought Raganzi's theme song would be this:

For Kasuni, getting ready...

This should surprise very few.

And in preparation to play the more serious side of Kasuni...

Cho Ko Nu's theme would be "The Gambler" by Kenny Rogers:

"You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
And know when to run
You never count your money
When you're sittin' at the table
There'll be time enough for countin'
When the dealin's done

Every gambler knows
That the secret to survivin'
Is knowin' what to throw away
And knowin' what to keep
'Cause every hand's a winner
And every hand's a loser
And the best that you can hope for
is to die in your sleep"

For theme and feeling, Innoxius' theme is "Duel of the Fates" from Star Wars.

Last edited:
My character's don't have a theme song and if they did it would be something about Khorne by Debauchery.... for the most part. Stephano might have something like Fury Road by Miracle of Sound.

My over-arching song would be You Died by Miracle of Sound.

I have playlists for all my characters so that I can spend the drive getting a) pumped and b) into their weird little heads.

If I had to pick one song for either -

Abbath: "Exterminate, Annihilate, Destroy" by Rotersand. A song about just kind of needing to give your allegiance to, well, anyone to do the kill-things thing? Yup.

V: "Paul Robeson" by the World/Inferno Friendship Society. A person who sacrificed literally everything in the name of helping their people and wound up really mean for it? Lots of talk about wine? Yup.

I have playlists for all my characters so that I can spend the drive getting a) pumped and b) into their weird little heads.

If I had to pick one song for either -

Abbath: "Exterminate, Annihilate, Destroy" by Rotersand. A song about just kind of needing to give your allegiance to, well, anyone to do the kill-things thing? Yup.

V: "Paul Robeson" by the World/Inferno Friendship Society. A person who sacrificed literally everything in the name of helping their people and wound up really mean for it? Lots of talk about wine? Yup.

This song has a spot on my Monster Camp set list on Spotify!

Back