Larpcast - The LARPing podcast

silway

Hello everyone,

Several months ago a longtime LARPer, Bill, and I started a podcast focused on LARPing and how to make it better. We focus mostly on concepts related to running games, but also delve into the player side and from time to time dip into current events. We aim for a leisurely biweekly schedule and have 11 episodes up at the time of this writing with more on the way. I invite you to check it out and hope it's informative and entertaining.

Thanks and enjoy!

Mickey

www.larpcast.podbean.com

I was listening to the one about Nero Int.

Fearless Leader said:
Do you do stories on specific games? Reviews? Interviews? Let me know if I can help.

We haven't done an explicit review episode yet, but it's one of our possibilities. We do like having guests on from time to time so having you or one of the Alliance brass on to discuss some sort of relevant topic would be awesome. As the guy above me mentions, we did an episode or two on NERO Int, but less as a review and more a current events and rules retrospective because I used to be a long time staffer there and wanted to discuss various things that had happened.

If you're up for coming on as a guest or sending your PR guy or whatever, please let me know. That would be great! I encourage you to have a listen at some of the episodes and see if it seems worthwhile. The episode on Marketing and the episode on Institutional Memory both have guests if you'd like a sense of how we've handled guests in the past.

Hope you and your players and staff like it and that it's useful. As I'm sure you know, after so many years doing something you get this urge to try and make your experiences helpful to the next "generation."

Mickey

Mickey,

I'd be happy to be a guest on your show any time you'd like. I'm a PR guy, but I'm also a staffer AND a longtime player.

Stephen
National PR

I'm also available for interview! I'm nobody! Yeah!

Whew, I'm glad to see another episode, I've been checking a couple times a week lately waiting for it! Random comments are below

1.) Thanks for the shout out! (wahoo recognition, I hear that's good!)
2.) You ruined my favorite hobby of promising my players (as a whole, and specifically) doom all the time. Although it will likely take me a year or so to break the habit.
3.) Thanks for the second shout out lol ^.^

Overall good thoughts, I suppose I shouldn't try to recruit entirely through terror :)

From listening to the Stories episode, you come to find out that Mickey and Bill have somewhere near 30 years of combined LARPing experience not only as players, but as NPCs and Staff members, as well. They are well-versed in multiple LARP systems in distinctly different genres, although they draw most of their experience from NERO, Madrigal, and Exiles.

I've got to say that I listen to every single one of these episodes...while these podcasts are not specifically Alliance-centric and even tend to lean heavily toward the hosts' NERO backgrounds, they are very good. Especially being a new local staff member, it is extremely helpful to hear the stories, thoughts, and pitfalls that more-seasoned staffers have experienced. All kinds of ideas pop into my head while listening to these two guys! I highly recommend that you listen to at least a few of these if you are currently or are considering becoming a staff member at your local chapter.

-Luke

I know that I've been listening to them... No matter the specific background, there are distinct commonalities that provide a lot of wisdom for new and old staff alike.

Actually, there's a couple of potential topics I'd like to submit, but can't seem to find a way to do so.

I believe it's mickeyandbill@gmail.com...they mention it at the end of each of their episodes, but I don't have the time to listen to one and figure it out right now :thumbsup:

-Luke

Also, totally sorry I missed the questions and replies here! mickeyandbill@gmail.com is correct to reach us and we look forward to any feedback, questions, comments, etc. You can also do the same at the larpcast.podbean.com website in the comments sections. :)

Thanks for listening, I'm glad it seems to be helping. Podcasting is my way of trying to get out some of my accumulated experience in a way that doesn't involve me doing a lot of writing. I'm not a big writing guy. ;)

Mickey

I think I listened to all these over 3 days at work. Really good topics, however I've noticed on the last 4 podcast each host is heard through a different side of the headphones, as opposed to both being heard in both. Or is that just me?

Back