Late Summer 3-day?

Would you attend a Three day event in Mid-August

• Yes! I love the three day.

Votes: 13 92.9%
  • No. Though I would love a three day on a holiday weekend.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • No. I'm not interested in a three day event, keep doing 2 days.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Date is set.
Camp Sheppard
August 19-22nd. Bigger post to follow.

Hope everyone has fun cause I can't go as far as I can tell.

Yay! Putting in for the days off tomorrow.

Andy and I will be there rocking Marcus and Alcandar.

YESSSS!!!

Yenu will certainly make an appearance and will try very hard not to be sick this time.

jaws said:
YESSSS!!!

Yenu will certainly make an appearance and will try very hard not to be sick this time.

you better, darlin'. Somebody has to be all happy and noisy IG at these games. We need you. Also your healing spells. But mostly 'cause we like you.

Hawt, looking into airfares now. Anyone want to start the bidding on the priveleges of airport pick-up and schlepping this sorry old rom around that week? :D

I hope I can attend, but I might be house sitting that week.
If I am able to attend, I can wait to see you Jeff.

Kevin

I'm there as Itzack. I'll contact my crew about it too.

Looks like I'll be there too, testing out my new PC character. I can see if I have additional space in my car for anyone who will be traveling from Portland or nearby environs.

Paul Vorvick said:
Looks like I'll be there too, testing out my new PC character. I can see if I have additional space in my car for anyone who will be traveling from Portland or nearby environs.
If I could reserve a spot on that, that would be awesome (jordan Macfarland)

I was intent on going to this before I knew the location. I had to laugh when I found out the first Oregon game I was going to is 30 minutes from my house. :lol: I have zero experience with running anything like this so forgive my potentially stupid question: Is the summer really that hard to book?

Yes. Summer is ridiculously hard to book.

There's two reasons for that:
1. We're not the only organization that runs things on the weekends. Most organizations (specifically non-larps) like to run things in the best weather possible, which means summer. On top of that, some of the groups that run summer camps and things are actually the groups we're renting the camps from (Camp Sheppard, for example) and their groups take precedence of ours.
We actually can't run at Millersylvania or Camp Sheppard in late May, June, July, or early August. Miller has a committee of 'bigger groups than us' that divide up the summer before we even get a chance to make reservations, and Sheppard runs their BSA program all summer.
For other camps, there are many, many groups that are just bigger, have more money, and can commit more volunteers and donations to some of these camps, so they get first pick of reservations. First pick means best weather, which means summer.
On top of all of that, most groups things tend to be youth organizations, which means that when they have summer camps, bible camp, adventure camp, or whatever, they do it when school is out, which means summer.

2. Most camps prices go up in the summer, if for no other reason than supply and demand. They can charge more because people will still rent the site, so they do. We simply can't afford it. Occasionally we get lucky and find sites that don't increase their prices, but they're usually booked up for reasons above.

Just checking on a couple of things:

1) what are the lodging availability there?
2) Are Dryads still kill on sight with the nobility? (I hope, I hope, I hope).

As of this moment, I'm still planning on attending.

Mark

markusdark said:
1) what are the lodging availability there?
Assuming you mean on site, there are 9-ish buildings, one is NPC camp, one is NPC sleeping, one is usually a module cabin, and the rest are generally PCs/important buildings in town. The cabins sleep 24 in three rooms (though everyone has to come through the central room to enter/leave) and have a loft (which can sleep a few more). Usually, a group takes a building for their own, or two smaller groups sometimes share a building together.

markusdark said:
2) Are Dryads still kill on sight with the nobility? (I hope, I hope, I hope).
Yes. However, note that this is the last game of the campaign, which means that the bulk of the plot will probably have to do with overthrowing those nobles. You'll probably have plenty of time to be oppressed, if you want.

YAY! I love being oppressed.

There may be a fair sized contingent from SF coming up for this event although I'm not sure I can convince them all to play wood-kin :D

For those of us who haven't been to Silver Falls in a while, could we get answers to the following questions:

1. At the PC cabins, is there a. heat, b. light, c. electrical outlets, d. all of the above, or e. none of the above?

2. What kind of kitchen facility do we have, and what is Oregon's current policy for food at events?

3. Are we allowed to put pushpins in the walls of cabins to hang tapestries or decorations?

4. Given the typical attendance of Oregon games, will it be recommended for PCs to bring tents?

5. Are there mattresses in the cabins?

I'm sure I'll come up with more questions as I prep for the event. Thanks!

Preamble) The game is at Camp Sheppard near Enumclaw, Wa. Not at Silver falls.

1. It's summer, you shouldn't need heat. There is power and light in every cabin.

2. Fully equipped kitchen. Bring your own food, cook it, and for gawd sakes clean it up.

3. The cabins fit approximately 20 people per cabin and are large and tall. However I don't think pushpins will be a problem so long as they're removed.

4. Please don't bring tents.

5. I want to say yes but I could be wrong here.

Oregonplot said:
Preamble) The game is at Camp Sheppard near Enumclaw, Wa. Not at Silver falls.

1. It's summer, you shouldn't need heat. There is power and light in every cabin.
5. I want to say yes but I could be wrong here.

1: If it does get cold we can bug them to turn the heat on, but the care-taker/steward has to flip a switch so you have to go find them. Hopefully it stays warm.
5: There are mattresses but they're not super-thick.

Back