Late Summer 3-day?

Would you attend a Three day event in Mid-August

• Yes! I love the three day.

Votes: 13 92.9%
  • No. Though I would love a three day on a holiday weekend.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • No. I'm not interested in a three day event, keep doing 2 days.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The site basically has the same amenities as Miller (heat, light, power, kitchen, bathrooms, showers, bunks, mattresses, enclosed cabins (except they're bigger, 2 stories, and sleep 24), walk in cooler, freezer, etc). The site gets very dark at night though, so bring a light.

Ah, sorry, my mistake. Thought this was going to be a Silver Falls game. Well, that makes this whole thing much easier! I shall plan accordingly.

Thanks,
Paul

Just an FYI to people, I've heard the Sheppard is under new management, so to speak. The camp host that has been running Sheppard for the past several years resigned, so we'll basically be making a first impression all over again for this new host.

Druk said:
Just an FYI to people, I've heard the Sheppard is under new management, so to speak. The camp host that has been running Sheppard for the past several years resigned, so we'll basically be making a first impression all over again for this new host.

Ok, now that this is out, here's the story:
Pat (the Camp Director who lived on site with his family) resigned a little while ago (since the last Seattle event). Because of this, Camp Sheppard was closed until they found a new Camp Director. They don't anticipate having a new Director until September, but there's someone else maintaining the camp in the meantime. Because Pat and Alliance Seattle had such a good relationship, I was able to pull some strings and convince them to let us use the camp while it is closed. The person maintaining the camp has been there during our usage in the past and knows what our group is like, so we don't have to worry about "weirding out the new guy." The person who will be there (probably?) won't be the new permanent Camp Director but he is doing us a huge favor in letting us be there while the site is closed, so lets make sure we treat him with respect and make a good impression anyways.

((We are not in any danger of either the upcoming Oregon or Seattle events being canceled, the issue has been resolved for about a month now.))

Back