Latex in SF

Currently Alliance SF will be allowing latex style weapons per the new Alliance Policy, subject to the approval of the Local Weapon Marshals.
Each weapon will be judged on a case by case basis for compliance with the posted national policy as well as overall safety.

Does this mean I have to spend the $80 to $160 or more on a latex weapon, on the chance that I might get to use it? It would be very nice to have a list of approved manufacturers or even a specific list of approved weapons. I think the latex weapons are wonderful and add a certain amount of realism. Having a physrep that looks like a sword, and not a big duct tape hot dog, is definitely more appealing and adds to the fantasy of the game. However I am not willing to dump a large amount of cash on something that is likely to get bounced, and I can never use.

BoneDaddyThug said:
Does this mean I have to spend the $80 to $160 or more on a latex weapon, on the chance that I might get to use it? It would be very nice to have a list of approved manufacturers or even a specific list of approved weapons. I think the latex weapons are wonderful and add a certain amount of realism. Having a physrep that looks like a sword, and not a big duct tape hot dog, is definitely more appealing and adds to the fantasy of the game. However I am not willing to dump a large amount of cash on something that is likely to get bounced, and I can never use.
the problem with having a list of approved manufacturers is the variance in the available products. If there is a few weapons you are considering shoot me a pm or email with a link to the weapon and I could give you a more accurate assessment.

Back