Latex Weapons allowed?

RP_Wolf

Hello; it's been a while!

I was curious about the Deadlands Latex Weapons policy, if any. I was thinking of getting a sword or two, and wanted to make sure if there was a specific style only allowed at the chapter. Or, is there a specific style allowed at all chapters and are there prerequisites regarding use? Is there a recommended company and/or sword style that most closely fits the rules? Thank you! It's good to be getting back into LARP!

Lyndsay

Hello,

I can't speak for the official ruling, but I own The Larp Realm, and offer a large variety of Latex weapons (at http://www.larprealm.com ); I have brought several models to site and they have passed, so by that logic they SHOULD pass as well; I'd recommend checking out the Ready-for-Battle Series - they're low cost, lightweight, and most have passed safety checks: http://stores.larprealm.com/-strse-Epic-Armoury-cln-Ready-For-Battle/Categories.bok

-James aka Strago
Owner, The Larp Realm, LLC

James has a strong a knowledge of what passes in NH as anybody can. I should note, though, that any individual rep can have flaws damage that cause it to fail. Still, James is an excellent guy to check with (or order from).

Dan Nickname Beshers said:
James has a strong a knowledge of what passes in NH as anybody can. I should note, though, that any individual rep can have flaws damage that cause it to fail. Still, James is an excellent guy to check with (or order from).

Well, thanks for the vote of confidence - glad to hear my name is starting to be known for weapon props :) I'd also like to add that I would gladly help find ANY Larp-related props or costuming needs - if I don't currently offer it, I'll help find you someone that does or find a way to offer what you're looking for! Oh, and I also offer free delivery to the NH (Claremont) site during events as well - just be sure to order at least 1 week before the event for backordered items to arrive :)

Regarding the weapons, I am not a safety marshal for any LARP games (I'm sure we could all agree, there would be a sliiiight conflict of interest), but I do now check all the stock I sell for flaws such as offset cores, structural damage, foam density, etc. when they are received - should my safety checks pass, and it was a weapon design already passed at site once before, I would offer a direct exchange or refund - chances are if it were clearly flawed (I have yet to see anything beyond an offset core and a pommel that had a small tear from shipping), I already sent it back out for a claim anyway.

Feel free to contact me for any questions or orders! (reply to this thread, send me a message, or email me at owner@larprealm.com - I'll answer quickly :) )

-James aka Strago
Owner, The Larp Realm, LLC

Back