Latex Weapons in Deadlands?

Dangles

This question is in conjuction with the current discussion in the newbie forum.

Are latex weapons allowed -- or will ever be allowed -- in Deadlands?

Thanks.

Come to a couple of events. Many of your questions will be answered he first night you are in deadlands. OR the first time you get to read the rulebook.Trust me you will get to see more of what the game is like.

The latex weapon question- well blunt weapons should pass but might not. It is better to just use standard weapon construction rather than possibly blow alot of money on an expensive phys rep you can't use.

Celebolwa said:
Come to a couple of events. Many of your questions will be answered he first night you are in deadlands. OR the first time you get to read the rulebook.Trust me you will get to see more of what the game is like.

Translation = Stop asking all these questions, you're starting to bug me, nub. :lol: ;)

no no. I am just saying if you experience the game just once so many questions will be answered.

edited just in case people don't get I am joking. Dangles feel free to ask questions I am just saying you may want to come to a game with the knowledge you have now and see what it is like before buying a latex weapon that may run you an arm and a leg

Celebolwa said:
edited just in case people don't get I am joking. Dangles feel free to ask questions I am just saying you may want to come to a game with the knowledge you have now and see what it is like before buying a latex weapon that may run you an arm and a leg

No worries, Ray. I was just being a smart *** myself and I knew that you were not being mean.

Of course, I would not spend $300.00 on a Katana and Wakizashi unless I knew for a fact that not only can I use one, but more importantly, if I knew in my heart that LARPing is something that I want to commit to. Still, I seem to gather now that it seems like I can field a latex weapon, you were simply advising me on getting an actual feel for the game before spending money -- an advice which I certainly appreciate.

some.Some latex weapons will pass. Blunt ones. and not even all blunt will pass. "BLaded" Latex weapons at present, do not pass

my mom passed away a few years ago.

I knew someone that used to make latex hybrids. Don't know if he still makes them or not. Mostly latex but striking area was foam with fabric. He made mostly axes and hammers but I did see a set of Sabers. A long time ago I used a latex dagger just for waylays, looks good on your side but pretty much not worth using in battle. Not only are they kinda dangerous but they fall apart, never something good when you spend a bunch of money on them.

The latex shields are pretty sweet. They are very light and take some beating and look great.

Patrick Johnson

MKing said:
Dangles said:
This pic is from the Kingston Event in Nov 2008.

Can anyone make me a boffer like this? I like the curved design....very 300ish, Asiany and Middle Eastern...

http://picasaweb.google.com/kiko250108/ ... directlink

that is most likly a pvc weapon bent with a heat gun and foamed...

Matt K.

I know...it's frikkin dope, ain't it?!

Unfortunately, I don't really have a lot of free time, nor do I feel that I am quite skilled enough at the moment to craft one that will pass inspection.

Hence, my search for someone who can.

If you decide to make a pc- I am sure she may be able to make the weapon for you. Her name out of game is Kelsey. She is a pretty damn cool friend.

Celebolwa said:
If you decide to make a pc- I am sure she may be able to make the weapon for you. Her name out of game is Kelsey. She is a pretty damn cool friend.

Ya, I'm gonna NPC the first couple events, then it's PC time, baby!

But not this Kelsey -- this Kelsey is useless.

There are a lot of people who would be more than willing to either help you make a weapon or make one for you -- for instance, I know a few people who make fantastic ultralights at a good price.

And that's my cue. Hi, my name's Paul Vorvick. I'm one of the people who plays Deadlands as a PC. Anyway, I'm a foamsmith, and I'm looking to start doing commission work for people. Most of my current stuff has been posted to steamtech.deviantart.com I can either teach you the technique, or I can actually build something for you, your call. And no, it doesn't have to be steampunk.

Anyway, I look forward to meeting you at the next game, and I'll be happy to talk with you about any weapon construction I can help with.

Thanks,
Paul Vorvick

Paul Vorvick said:
And that's my cue. Hi, my name's Paul Vorvick. I'm one of the people who plays Deadlands as a PC. Anyway, I'm a foamsmith, and I'm looking to start doing commission work for people. Most of my current stuff has been posted to steamtech.deviantart.com I can either teach you the technique, or I can actually build something for you, your call. And no, it doesn't have to be steampunk.

Anyway, I look forward to meeting you at the next game, and I'll be happy to talk with you about any weapon construction I can help with.

Thanks,
Paul Vorvick

Most defintely. I can't access the site at the moment since I am at work. But I look forward to seeing your weapon designs when I get home.

Back