LCO Scroll Purchase Suspension

Azmodeous

Artisan
Hey folks,
Due to the imminent release of the .12 packet and the final ritual/magic item conversion list, all Goblin Stamp purchases of LCO scrolls have been suspended. Any pending requests submitted prior to today will be reviewed and if cleared (ie they're not trying to game the system,) they will be approved. The LCO purchase list has been pulled off of the forums and an updated list with 2.0 rituals will be going up shortly. At that time, GS purchases of scrolls will resume as normal. Thank you all for your understanding during our transition to the new rules.

Just out of curiosity, do you plan to have the new list up before the march game?
We're working on a shared 2.0 list at this very moment. We hope to have it done soon, but we all know that "soon" in a volunteer organization is... fluid.

Crazy idea: don't have an LCO pick list? Only offer for NPC'ing?
I mean, from what I hear, magic items are less needed/useful in 2.0. Even if it's a temporary thing until plot teams get used to scaling with baseline abilities, skills, production, and converted magic items.

I would not be sad to see pick lists go away. Maybe just random items for gobbies. Perfect gobbie items where kinda a blight on the game for years. Though in 2.0 might not really matter. It will take 5 years for items to filter out from teh change over anyhow.

Crazy idea: don't have an LCO pick list? Only offer for NPC'ing?
I mean, from what I hear, magic items are less needed/useful in 2.0. Even if it's a temporary thing until plot teams get used to scaling with baseline abilities, skills, production, and converted magic items.

I would not be sad to see pick lists go away. Maybe just random items for gobbies. Perfect gobbie items where kinda a blight on the game for years. Though in 2.0 might not really matter. It will take 5 years for items to filter out from teh change over anyhow.

People should be rewarded for the money and effort they put into the game. LCO Gobbie lists are one of the ways that they are compensated for doing that. Their effect on the game weighs heavily on the rituals we are considering when making the new list and, as has been observed, there is an upper limit to how many rituals are useful to a given character in 2.0.

People should be rewarded for the money and effort they put into the game. LCO Gobbie lists are one of the ways that they are compensated for doing that. Their effect on the game weighs heavily on the rituals we are considering when making the new list and, as has been observed, there is an upper limit to how many rituals are useful to a given character in 2.0.

I dont disagree I just wish there was a way to do it without putting out a bunch of perfectly built magic items. Denver has a good compromise in having a pick list of items, I think.

And yes in 2.0 it probably matters less. Unless 1/shot dodges are there. It was really gross in the past with slayers.

Don't worry, Skill Store has been removed from the list completely.

I'm well aware of the reasoning behind having a pick list, and I still think it's better to either not have one, or only have one that is available to people who NPC full/part time.

The biggest issue that you'll likely face is that you have to put rituals out that people want to spend their gobbies on; if you don't, people will complain that they don't have anything (good) to spend their gobbies on, which will disincentivize people from donating.

Hopefully you guys can find a good balance if you're going to make a list available.

I am happy to hear Skill Store won't be on any potential lists.

Back