Let's name a constellation!

What should our family name be?

• Total voters
Hello my Unbounded friends!

I hope everything is going well in your 'mistsphere'. It's the same old same old here in Rathfall.

Anyways, we have some unfinished business to attend to. And that is naming our new constellation! The Wave was a gift from the Mother of Waves after we empowered Moon Father with the sea shells we painted. Constellations are very important to the Selunari people. It is the basis of our beliefs. Everything from personality to culture to philosophy, it defines us. And as the first Selunari of the Wave, I have been divining and meditating on the constellation and I think I have figured it out what the Wave should be.

The Wave:
The Wave is a people that believe in duality of nature and the balance of it, much like the ocean. On one hand, they are calm, peaceful and life giving. Full of mysteries and curiosities deeper than any man can bear. On the other hand, they are fury, wrath, and destruction. A force of nature that will bend anything that dares to stand against. It is the balance of these two sides that build the foundation of the Wave.

Tell me what you think! The birth of a constellation is completely unheard of so coming up with the symbolism feels a little weird, but necessary.

With that all said, we now need to think of a name. You are probably wondering "Wait a minute, Astraea. Isn't it's name 'The Wave'?" Yes, that is the constellation name, but we need a family name. See, Selunari form Csillagos (or caravans for the non-Rathfallian) under these constellations. They are one big family that is lead by the First family. The last name of the leading family is the family name of the constellation. All children born under the constellation will bare the family name as a middle name. But since this all completely new and we are one big family now, we can come up with the name together.

Here is the list of names I was thinking:
Thalassa
Salacia
Melusine
Undine
Sedna
Aerwyna
Asgerah
Avisa
Kaimana
Marella
Leveilleur

Before you ask, yes, I did put my last name, Leveilleur, on the list. Since I am the only Selunari of the constellation, it technically makes me the First, but I am humble enough to not assume.

But yeah, vote for your favorite and I will announce it during next market. Until then, I wish you all safe travels!

Love,
Astraea Leveilleur ~☆

My vote goes for the Undine, the wave that washes over the sky.

- Asher

Astraea, while I do not know you particularly well, and mostly have seen you in passing, this seems like a grand opportunity for you, your people, and the unbounded.

I very much understand the importance of symbolism and tradition, it was one of the few things I had outside of fighting as a slave in the sands of my homeland, and a large part of me thinks using your last name Leveilleur would be an appropriate and good choice.

To be fully forward with the unbounded I have recently decided to try and find my place in these lands and my vote should not be as important as those who have continuously risked themselves and triumphed over these lands and the problems they have.

For those of you who care, and upon quite some reflection of what I know of the situation I do believe Leveilleur is the vote I will be making. As it has ties to the people of these lands, but also has ties to the adventurers as you do yourself Astraea. I also was there when the constellation was formed, and I saw afterwards the change of the gems on Astraea, it seems to me you have taken upon yourself part of something that has not been recorded in the history of this mistsphere, and everyone who participated and took the mark upon themselves have done the same and will carry the honor of the creation of something that has not been seen in recorded history.

Whatever the decision ends up being, I think it was a good idea to consult the unbounded as a whole, as the wave's philosophy and culture seem quite appropriate in representing what I know of adventurers.

Whatever the outcome, everyone who took part, everyone who took the mark, should feel pride and honor in their hearts.

-Tarikk

Back