[.11] Lets talk about Counteract

Also many chapters have LCO rits for gobbies, so it is not hard for people to maek perfect magic items.

We can’t plan a magic item system for Alliance around what a chapters staff might make an LCO scroll you can gobby. That’s upto the chapter to decide if they want that scroll on their list, and how many LCO rits each character is allowed.

The results from the conversation of magic items is also not going to be the norm. In the example of we might all know some shady people who will likely be taking a lot of life leech rituals, something they would normally never have access to or ever be able to find a caster for.

More on topic: Some of the new skills seem geared specifically for certain classes. I think the skill as written is best suited for adepts. If I played an Adept I’d take two, and if I played a rogue I’d take one.

I never said anything about planning I argued that ret rituals will not be hard to come buy meaning banes will be common enough meaning they dont need to be buffed.

I never said anything about planning I argued that ret rituals will not be hard to come buy meaning banes will be common enough meaning they dont need to be buffed.

Some rituals, at least in Seattle and Oregon, cannot be obtained via GS, or there’s a limit to how many you can have.

As a ritual that arguably “adds power” by turning a defense into a Defense/Offense, it’s certainly going to be one of the more powerful rituals in 2.0. I think it’s ultimately a bad ritual for the game, honestly (and I have ever since it was originally released), because it’s almost certainly going to contribute to significant defense bloat.

That isnt adding power, it augments another skill or effect. Trap Avoidance adds power. That said I am mixed on ret, first playtest I had 12ish and though it was insanely good, probably too good. Second playtest I had 20 of them, I only used 5 or so a day and felt like maybe it was not as good as it first seemed.

I am not sure how I feel about it, I want to play another test or 2 with it and then decide.

Some rituals, at least in Seattle and Oregon, cannot be obtained via GS, or there’s a limit to how many you can have.

Sure but slayers, DA, cloaks, banes and 1 shot dodges can be lcoed in both, so... I am not sold on stuff being restricted for the sake of the game.

And golems....

Back