Letters from Rosemont Grove

Letter Adlao to Maiev.png

A rolled parchment scroll made from what appears to be woven cornhusks bound in jute arrives for Maiev Riese, High Orc Curse Mage. The courier says it came from Rosemont Grove. Opening it releases the faint fragrance of a bright incense dappled with notes of ginger and roses. Upon breaking the simple cream-colored beeswax seal stamped with a heart, the following is penned in a flowing script:

((Transcription))
"My dear friend Maive,

We are so grateful for the financial aid you gifted to our orphanage at Rosemont Grove!

With your generosity, we were able to purify the nearby well, renovate the pipes in the building, and build latrines, as well as install fencing around Orphanage estate and make repairs to the roof. The building is much safer thanks to you. ((next IGBA's Minor Actions))

There was even enough left over to celebrate the house improvements- I was able to purchase some rare vanilla beans from a traveling spice vendor from Arnet who came through our village. I combined the beans with some firewater that one of the neighboring potato farmers brews, and let it sit in the sun for a fortnight while the repairs were being made to create the essence of vanilla. I made some puffy steamed honeycakes for the children, topped with a special vanilla buttercream topping; they were so excited!

Many of the Children wrote letters to you, which I will deliver at next Market. They also named a friendly turtle after you in the reflecting pond in the garden. They say it’s the guardian of the Orphanage, and they often leave snacks for it.

I look forward to adventuring with you again! May Light ever illumine you, and Earth open The Way.

Madrina Adlao, HM"

Thats so nice! Tell the kids NOT to tip it on its back! Dont let them do it…unless it ask.

But even then, make sure they rub the belly so it laughs. Turtles do that right? They always run when I try to boop them.

Maiev

Letter Adlao to Eve regarding Apprentice Counselor.png

A rustic, bark-wrought tube bound in jute arrives via courier at the gates of The Earth Guild of Terna; it contains a rolled scroll made from what appears to be woven cornhusks. The courier says it came from the Village of Rosemont Grove in the Southlands. Opening it releases the faint fragrance of a bright incense dappled with notes of ginger and roses. Upon breaking the simple cream-colored beeswax seal stamped with a heart, the following is penned in a flowing script:

((Transcription))

"Dear Apprentice Counselor Eve,

Thank you for your guidance and mentorship over the last two seasons. I am humbled and honored by your proposal to follow in your footsteps as an Apprentice Counselor of the Earth Guild of Terna. After listening to advice from Guildmaster Franz of Phoenix Flight, Matron Fallingstar, and the Council of Village Elders of Rosemont Grove, I believe that serving as a handmaiden of the Earth Guild- its principles, mission, and values- would be a prudent and beneficial use of my resources and efforts for the sake of both the Common Folk and the Adventurer Community.
I submit my application to you and Guildmaster Kruger to begin training as a leader within the Earth Guild’s ranks and your eventual successor out on the field alongside the Adventurers of Prademar, especially Newer Spirits bright with Promise. Under the auspices of your wisdom, I hope to learn quickly and well the mysteries of Earthen Magic, all other matters that the Earth guild must attend to, and work diligently on my rank to justly merit your confidence, and the trust of the adventurers under my care. Please let me know what first steps I must take on this Path.
As we journey forward into an uncertain future in our new relationship with the Gavarian People, I hope to represent our honorable institution admirably, and help them as they return to their Homeworld to achieve a Lasting Peace there as we have so forged here in Prademar.
I renew my dedication to Purity, Life, and Compassion, and my vigilance against Chaos, Necromancy, and needless Suffering. I hope to be a reassuring presence to those around me as you have been for so many of us in Wayside and Terna.

May Light illumine us all,
Madrina Adlao: HM, LSW"

Copy of Letter Adlao to Earth Guild regarding Gavarian Mages.png

A rustic, bark-wrought tube bound in jute arrives via courier at the gates of The Earth Guild of Terna; it contains a rolled scroll made from what appears to be pressed leaves. The courier says it came from the Village of Rosemont Grove in the Southlands and is addressed to all members of the Earth Guild of Terna. Opening it releases the faint fragrance of a bright incense dappled with notes of ginger and roses. Upon breaking the simple cream-colored beeswax seal stamped with a heart, the following is penned in a flowing script:

((Transcription))

"To my esteemed colleagues,

I hope you all are well! I writing to you from the Gavarian colony of Atupal, where I have spent the last several weeks serving their community. We have been hard at work on miscellaneous social and medical endeavors to help make these beautiful yet battered ruins a home. The Gavarian people are steeped in gratitude towards the adventuring community, and wished me to again convey their thanks.

I learned a great many things about Gavarian way of life, culture and food while serving the citizens of Atupal. Of interest to the guild are my findings on their magiocracy:

• Gavaria has no centralized organization akin to a Guild dedicated to the study and coordination of Earth or Celestial Magics;
  • Instead, scholars of Gavaria tend to form tightly knit local groups, or become court mages to nobles.

While I have no doubts such a system works for them, I believe that it would be difficult for us as adventurers to organize ourselves as far as endeavors where Earthen Magics are concerned, especially for the cultivation of the next generation of casters. I propose that if we find ourselves in Gavaria that we set up a branch of the Prademar Earth Guild as a consulate for our community. I think our aim would be supporting Prademar Adventurers with Earthen support, and also work to build relationships between their magical communities and ours for the exchange of knowledge.

I recently submitted an application to serve as an apprentice to Councilor Eve for the sake of our guild, and perhaps this project would be something I could work on?

Please share your questions, insight, and feedback."

Back