Lifting The Curse. Restoring Moonfather. The Time is Now.

Darkcrescent

Baron
Chicago Staff
Marshal
Listen fellow Unbounded, for this information comes directly from the Mother of Waves.

The Mother of Waves watched the people of Rathfall for a year after the events of the Moon incident. She determined the city was corrupt, it's people corrupt, and thus, the Unbounded corrupt. They did that to her beloved. The Moonfather can't rest, the dead shall seek no rest, and so too will the living seek no rest. Seeing that she thought to teach them a lesson, thus the Curse was born.

Despair not though. Her favor can be gained and The Moonfather can be empowered so perhaps he might awaken.

Lifting the Curse: The Mother of Waves provides safehaven for the creatures of the Sea. Recently a mother sea turtle gave birth upon a beach in Blighted territory. There are 1 to 2 locations to gather these eggs and bring them to small ponds in the area that serve as gateways to her sanctuary. I will be reaching out to a few trusted to help collect these eggs before they are Corrupted.

Restoring Moonfather: He sleeps. However we can channel power to aid his struggles. To do this, we must paint sea shells with images of the night sky and imbue with magical spells. Any canvas can be used though, as long as it's the night sky and water and imbued with a Light spell. For the shells though, they can be empowered with higher level spells, to have greater effect. Thus, the most shells painted of the night sky and ocean, the greater chance it'll assist in The Moonfather's awakening.

The Curse can be lifted, but we, the Unbounded must prove we are allies to the Mother of Waves and her husband. They are one and the same, help one, helps the other. Let the Moon and Ocean reunite once again. She will lift the curse, it's only a matter of time, but we must prove to her we are different from those that sought to not only destroy the world, but HER world, her everything, her beloved.

So take these worlds, reflect, and decide if you want to set a right wronged by others in this realm. Let us prove the Unbounded are different.

Lady Asher Oakheart, Herald of the Mother of Waves

Lady Oakheart,

I have not returned to Rathfall since the curse was laid upon the land. What have been the ill-effects of this curse, and how widely were its effects felt?

Aiden Olrikson, Deputy of Winter's Rest
Scribed by Korē Morleth, Cupbearer of Stalwood

I shall help in collecting and painting.

Baroness FallingStar

Listen fellow Unbounded, for this information comes directly from the Mother of Waves.

The Mother of Waves watched the people of Rathfall for a year after the events of the Moon incident. She determined the city was corrupt, it's people corrupt, and thus, the Unbounded corrupt. They did that to her beloved. The Moonfather can't rest, the dead shall seek no rest, and so too will the living seek no rest. Seeing that she thought to teach them a lesson, thus the Curse was born.

Despair not though. Her favor can be gained and The Moonfather can be empowered so perhaps he might awaken.

Lifting the Curse: The Mother of Waves provides safehaven for the creatures of the Sea. Recently a mother sea turtle gave birth upon a beach in Blighted territory. There are 1 to 2 locations to gather these eggs and bring them to small ponds in the area that serve as gateways to her sanctuary. I will be reaching out to a few trusted to help collect these eggs before they are Corrupted.

Restoring Moonfather: He sleeps. However we can channel power to aid his struggles. To do this, we must paint sea shells with images of the night sky and imbue with magical spells. Any canvas can be used though, as long as it's the night sky and water and imbued with a Light spell. For the shells though, they can be empowered with higher level spells, to have greater effect. Thus, the most shells painted of the night sky and ocean, the greater chance it'll assist in The Moonfather's awakening.

The Curse can be lifted, but we, the Unbounded must prove we are allies to the Mother of Waves and her husband. They are one and the same, help one, helps the other. Let the Moon and Ocean reunite once again. She will lift the curse, it's only a matter of time, but we must prove to her we are different from those that sought to not only destroy the world, but HER world, her everything, her beloved.

So take these worlds, reflect, and decide if you want to set a right wronged by others in this realm. Let us prove the Unbounded are different.

Lady Asher Oakheart, Herald of the Mother of Waves
Lady Asher,

I would be honored to provide assistance with either of these tasks! Simply let me know when and I will be there.

Aura Fairhorn, Courtier of Lord Oliver Kindershaw

Appreciated all. I will let folks know when I intend to go out for turtle rescuing, but it certainly won't need more than a dozen folks, if even that.
The Curse the Mother of Waves bestowed upon the land is one where any who permanently die find themselves walking Rathfall as a spirit. They are unable to return to The Sovereign to rest for all eternity in The Empty Chalice.

While Light spells are good, using spells higher are likely to have greater effect in restoring Moon Father.

Asher

Last edited:
Lady Herald Oakheart,

I will, of course, assist you in this matter. We have always stepped into the breach between disaster and the people, bricking the wall with our bones and cementing the gaps with our blood. However, what has the city of Rathfall committed to this cause? It was the Earth's Chosen Hand which reached out to extinguish the Moonfather, and the Court's sins which drew the Mother's ire. What sacrifice will they make to right this wrong?

Dramthin Hartsboon
Lost One
Keeper of the Tainted Grove

That's a great question for the Earth's Chosen to figure out. However right now, the Mother of Waves has zero faith in Rathfall. Her mind is made up. They are Corrupt.

We are not. Our actions can sway her mind because we are the ONLY ones who are willing to help remedy Moon Father.

Asher

it's hunting the children moon father
sable

Greetings Lady Oakheart,

I am glad that there is now an opportunity to assuage the deep wound on the Mother of Waves heart, and a chance to restore the Moonfather, who was so kind to us in the past. Thank you for your part in making this possible.

I will be happy to provide whatever spells and incantations I can, though my power is limited to 4 each of the 9 Circles. I also possess some skill with the arts, and would be honored to help create things of great beauty if they will bring restoration.

Lastly, may I request that I join the party being sent to help gather the youngling Turtles? This specific quest speaks to my heart. My vocation in life now is to serve vulnerable populations in the mundane places of the Worlds: cities where poorer citizens need access to healthy food, or remote villages whose sick are in need of a healer’s expertise. My journeys these days rarely bring me to the more grand scenarios that may shake and shape the foundations of the material plane. But if I can be of service in this way, from one mother to Another, it would mean a great deal to me. For Houseparents, like me, who have not had offspring of our own, all Children are our children; it pains our hearts when we see or hear of endangered younglings who are beyond the scope, limit, or reach of our care. I imagine that The Mother of Waves feels similarly for the all creatures of the sea, and the threat they face in the far-flung wilds of The Blight.

I don’t pretend to understand the depth of sorrow and lamentation that The Mother of Waves has endured for having had Moonfather taken from her. But when she appeared before us on the night of The Feast at White Crown, I was deeply moved by her outcry of hurt. I am heartened that there is something I can do to help bring them peace.

With gratitude,

Housemother Adlao- HM, OPH

Last edited:
Adlao,

I will make sure to grab you when the time comes, likely early Saturday after Breakfast. You and the Mother of Waves appear to have the same stance on children. Should she summon me this gathering, perhaps I will see about a +1, given the similar stances towards the weak and helpless.
-Asher

Back