Local High Ogre Paint Colors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cozy

Scholar
NEPA Staff
Hey folks,

So, I'm preparing to play a high ogre at XRoads, and I'm wondering if anybody can tell me what colors of paint mean what in the local tribal paint system. Having grown up in Kupspar, I'm sure she'd know - even if I'm a derp and don't at the moment XD

Thanks!
Maggie

Sandborn are just yellow, not big on warpaint but we have facial scars to show we've reached adulthood. Most important thing is your earth pouch.

It makes me so happy knowing there is going to be another ogre. Even though Ona will not be there :(

Oh noooo, I was hoping for some Ogre bro-out time with you, haha! I know about the facial scar/earth pouch dealieo, so I'll definitely have that. But given the roots of the clothing style, there is no tribal paint yet? Would I be okay doing a little Sioux-inspired stuff?

Yes. That would be fantastic! They are very much tribal in that way so feel free to have fun with paint and fetishes. (get your mind out of the gutter! I mean feathers and skulls and bones and such!)

While we have had a few Sandborn, none have played up that specific aspect of native American "tribalness" much, but it is not wrong to do so.

If you have ideas or rational for colors and/or symbols, feel free to run something by plot!

Looking forward to seeing you there,

Tim Curry
HOP

Hey Tim!

What I've been able to dig up is:

Red - War
Green - Worn under eyes for improving night vision
White - Peace
Black - Life, but through war.
Yellow - Death, "old bones".

Sound good? :)

Cozy said:
Yellow - Death, "old bones".

Ona totally wears yellow war paint all the time :p

I'm ok with all of those. But as Dom pointed out, wearing yellow over yellow might be a bit challenging.

Feel free to do whatever paint job suits your character.

I'm always excited to see new characters from our world!

See you Friday!

Tim

Luckily, most folks avoid wearing the yellow! ...Except as skin, I suppose.

I'm super-excited and will definitely be painting up for Friday. Can't wait to see you all! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back