Looking for a few good LARPers!

Diamond_Kate

Artisan
Gettysburg Staff
Hi all,

I am in the process of gathering people to our cause and looking to finish off the last few positions in my staff. I wanted to put forth an offer for anyone who is looking to lend a hand. We need volunteers for the following positions!

PROPS! I have a great need for individuals who love to make things and enjoy having glory heaped upon them! Yes, it is quite labor intensive but the more hands making things, the less work for each of us. Well some of us. I will always have 12 projects at hand. :sweat: I will happily pay you in gobbies for your time, your supplies, and your awesome work. I have supplies and plenty of projects! If you have a special skill we would love to have your help!

PROMOTIONS!
I am looking for a person or two who would like to join our promotions team to work with models, costuming and make-up so we can get lots of nice pictures for our web site and face book pages. We can really use help on this sooner, rather than later and you will be amply rewarded with gobbies for your trouble.

Short Fiction Writers!
There are legends and stories we would like to have put to pen and we need people to flush them out. If you can write well for short fiction and would like varied tasks and gobbies for your troubles we would love to have your pen for it. This is a great one for individuals who do not live near the keystone state.

Additional Assistance is needed in pick up positions as the need arises.

If you are interested in helping out please PM me and I will be glad to get you in touch with the rest of my staff and get you started.

Thank you!

I can make you sexy weapons like my 2h sword and the broad sword I made for Stabley. Y'know for your special NPCs that need to look impressive. I don't guarantee how many I can make, cuz it takes me a while, but I'd be happy to do a few.

Well, you know I am going to be working overtime on chainmail stuffs already. So anyone who wants to donate wire *hinthint*

Mike Stabley

Rich, if you need some stories, I'm all for it :)

I'll contribute to writing, too. :]

I'd love the get involved with your plot team. I love Alliance, but have a hard time going to events because I work weekends. These seems like a perfect way to be part of a chapter while not losing my job!

Hi all. Currently I am looking for good old-fashioned camp fire stories. Ghost stories and family myths. You can generally write those without the players guide...as yet. Please feel free to ask if you have specific ideas or if you have the stories in rough drafts.

My email address for plot is barranplot@gmail.com

Re: Looking for a few good LARPers! Writers submissions!

We are now beginning to go full swing on getting Gettysburg together. You had mentioned stories? We are looking for short stories, long stories, parables, you name it. They can have a lesson or they can just be fun to read. If you wish to submit anything please do! my e-mail address is rich.ditzler@gmail.com and I will accept anything you want to put forth. Keep race descriptions basic like ELF, ORC, GOBLIN, etc. and we will substitute in the proper name for the creature that is used in our world. once we have more info up on our website then we can let out more specific info that you can adopt into more interesting details to flush out your submissions.

Topics that will have specific guidelines set about by plot (please refrain writing submissions on these topics for the time being)

* The nature of Magic and how Ritual Magic works in our world
* Creation stories about the specific pc races (as found in the rulebook)
* Philosophy of the world and the cosmos.
* Subject material that is forbidden by the scope of the game (see below)

Topics that are encouraged (please submit as much as possible!)

* Character stories that focus on a specific battle or adventure (We can replace names of places if necessary to fit them into the world)
* Ecology articles of Monsters (Ie. the old Dragon Magazine articles on the more obscure creatures that you could come across in the world)
# Creatures that may be seen by adventurers that are not normally run across by the general population
(please stay away from generic common monster races i.e. Ecology of the goblin.) However the ecology of Undertow Trolls would be alright.
# What kind of habitat do they exist in? How many might congregate together? How do they fight, eat, steal, whatever...
# I did a web search on "D&D Ecology of the" and a mess of articles will pop up on your google search for ideas.
* Ancient history stories. If you use any governmental organization, city and confederations would be the largest structure that would exist in the world at that time. Anything could be used for the story theme.
* Treatise stories on any craftsman skills. Stories or discussions on the art of tracking, forging, sculpting, baking, forging, etc. It is perfectly fine for you to use real world books on this matter but do not plagiarize specific works. Copyright laws really do matter even if this is thought to be an obscure book in a LARP. Treatise books are fantastic when you have the author write in specific details and lots of personal opinion perhaps even go so far as to try and discredit other authors concerning the subject at hand. Make the articles realistic but fun to read.
* Horror stories. (see HP Lovecraft's short stories)

Any submissions are of course the property of Alliance Gettysburg, but you will get author credit in them and LOTS of gobbies and special consideration for personal plot for your character.

We are wanting to get the books made and then bound so they will fit into the sages guild, adventurers guild or anywhere else you may find them. The books or stories can be of an 18+ adult nature, but please refrain from being too graphic for the sake of just being obnoxious. But adult themes that do not break the rules of Alliance (i.e. ****) are allowed and encouraged to show the reality and grittiness of our world. If you find cool old books at someone's yard sale or at a 2nd hand store that would look great in a dusty old book shelf? GRAB IT! =D You will get a lot more gobbies for submitting your own work, but I am not going to be stingy about donations of props that will help enrich the world.

any additional questions just shoot me a msg and I will get back to you asap.

Hey there,

I hate to nag, but I sent a sample of some Monster Ecologies to you on January 15th, with a promise to write some other in-game documents, but never heard back from anyone. Should I send the information I have again, and if so, where would I send it to? With your events coming closer and closer, I thought I'd work on writing enough stuff for to get at least enough gobbies to get one of your events blanketed.

Hi!

I'll try to make sure somebody gets back to you in some fashion sometime in the next couple of days. Sorry for the delay - things are quite hectic on the writing end right now!

Thanks!

David

Alor said:
Hi!

I'll try to make sure somebody gets back to you in some fashion sometime in the next couple of days. Sorry for the delay - things are quite hectic on the writing end right now!

Thanks!

David
What? Please no one has written anything in weeks. Don't let him fool you into thinking we have the better part of a trilogy in pages at this point, because it's just not true.

Though I did make some LOL cats and a couple of demotivators... that was productive!

Gandian Ravenscroft said:
Hey there,

I hate to nag, but I sent a sample of some Monster Ecologies to you on January 15th, with a promise to write some other in-game documents, but never heard back from anyone. Should I send the information I have again, and if so, where would I send it to? With your events coming closer and closer, I thought I'd work on writing enough stuff for to get at least enough gobbies to get one of your events blanketed.

I am terribly sorry for the delay in response. I don't remember receiving any documents and that could completely be my fault. Would you please send me duplicates for review? The email is barranplot@gmail.com

Again, my sincere apologies.

Hello again,

All of Aara's sarcasm aside (let me just say that there are literally hundreds of pages in Race Packets at this point, and they're not even done), please send (or resend) it to Barranplot@gmail.com - it should get read over tonight.

Thanks again for your enthusiasm!

David

Back