looking for good boots

Corbell

Artisan
can anyone suggest a good place to find a new pair of larp boots? I've been using my old combat boots.

Top tier amazing boots are ofcourse Sons of Sanlar or similar companies. But I am a big fan of Amazon oddly enough. I and atleast two others I know have had great luck buying boots on Amazon, they only will last like two years but will come in at a low price. Just search pirate boots/ or knights boots. Things of that nature.

Like Rob said, Son of Sandlar is top of the line for big fancy fantasy boots, but you're spending at least $500 to get anything from them. (The boots are gorgeous, they're high quality, and I think you get a lifetime warranty, but $500.)

House of Andar is a pretty good knock-off. I have a pair from them that was more like $200. Mine came in about half a size too large, though - they have a pretty good return policy, so if you get their boots, consider getting them ahead of time so you can send them back if they don't fit right.

SCAboots.com has good-looking boots for about $150 but I don't know anyone personally that's bought from them.

That said, combat boots aren't the worst way to go, especially if you dress them up a bit. If you wear greaves (shin armor), gaiters/spats (ankle/shin covers that strap under the boot) or nice boot covers, combat boots can look pretty damn good.

Thanks!

I'll second what Rob said. For about 40-60 dollars you can get a pretty nice look pair of boots on amazon. The only thing is that they aren't cushioned super great. But some insoles do the trick.

Back