Looking for help

Arkade

Scholar
I wish to become a better healer and obtain better mental discipline. For a long wile now I have been in need of earth magic/healing field training. As stated before, I am not looking for verbal or written demonstration or memorization. I will happily pay for this training in one fashion or another. I will also submit myself to any requests of the teacher in this time as within the laws of the land.

Secondly, I seek to build an undead slaying staff, not to buy one. This staff must be built from the ground up as it will be my companion and guardian. I just need directions as I have never discussed the creation of magical equipment.

Manny thanks

Arkade!

If you are still in need of instruction when I visit Horns End in June I would be hornored to help you and if you are nearing the completion of your staff and have the appropriate rituals I would be happy to cast then for you for absolutely no fee. I will also be happy to discuss various aspects of combat healing through private messengers, no need to let out enemies know our strategies!

Humbly

Sheverin Tong Xi

Ambassador to Duke and soon to be King Daefell
former member of Keepers of the Horn
Former tavern keeper
healer

Arkade,

I can instruct you in basic magic item creation, as for actually creating the weapon...I'm afraid my help would not achieve the desired affects.

~Ahlana Antaro~

Arkade,

As a member of the Horn's End Healers Guild, I offer my help in training you in the earth's magics. After meeting you and discovering your temperment, I may also be persuaded to help you build your staff/companion.

Many blessings,
Bob the Blacksmith

Arkade,

Remember my words Arkade. I am hunting you.

Pretending to want to learn how to heal will not throw me off.

And please... put the undead slayer on a two handed club. That way when I end you I'll find something worthwhile.

Until I Bring Back The Sun,

Dikembe

Arkade, I know you wished to learn more in person, but I have a good list of spells for you to practice so you can be a better healer. Disarm- with it you can stop those from hurting your friends. Magic Armor- again, with it you can save healing spells. Weakness or shatter- again, protect your friends. Awaken so no one controls your friends. Spellsheild or web, again, to protect your friends. Sleep, to protect your friends. Confine, to protect your friends again. Paralysis or reflect, to protect your friends. Life/Death- to protect your friends and bring your friends back to life. These, along with a few others, are the spells you should be memorizing. If you like, when I am next able to travel to Horn's End, I can talk with you to explain why and better show you the uses of these spells compared to other, reversable spells.

~Sun~

RiddickDale said:
Arkade,

Remember my words Arkade. I am hunting you.

Pretending to want to learn how to heal will not throw me off.

And please... put the undead slayer on a two handed club. That way when I end you I'll find something worthwhile.

Until I Bring Back The Sun,

Dikembe

What exactly is your problem with Arkade?

Perhaps his vehement defense of Necromancy as a valid tool for survival?

That is reason enough for an Ogre to hunt him.

Until I bring Back The Sun,

Dikembe

I'm not even going to try and get into this debate with such a one sided mind.

Senor Dikembe, Arkade has ne'er casted necromancy. Nye in dhe longtime I have known him and kept his company better dhan anyone else. His t'oughts on it are his own and so let it be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. He is nye guilty.

By all means, come to Valdanis, in good faith I would love to talk to you, but if somet'ing happens to mi companion at your hands be certain you shall face more than you can handle.

Fortune And Love Leave Ye Nye,

Peace In Hearts; Wisdom In Minds,

~Doctore Marcena Cenkraea "The Dove" Idumea DagonGaddi
Romani of Clan Dagon
Ambassadore of Salamis
Amongst Other Things

As I sit meditating, waiting for friends and acquaintances to dream thoughts to me, I was drawn to this conversation.

For those who are unaware, I will share what Arkade has said in the past to offend Dikembe, and so many others.

Arkade said:
I am an earth caster, I am a healer. Due to the Law I will not call upon the powers of chaos. Due to the corruption most fall into and the law dispises. I have felt the touch of chaos, and it tourtures me to this day. But, I respect the powers of chaos, powers that I see equal to healing.
Arkade said:
Calling upon the earth is a way to aid, calling upon chaos is a way to defend. I will condem no one for calling on chaos. I have pride in knowing the power I hold within.
Arkade said:
If I saw a stranger call on chaos to kill a bandit, I would care little. A bad man would be dead and IN MY OPINION the balance a hair closer.
Arkade said:
I know my place in this world and as such will not call upon chaos due to illplaced laws.

With those words and other thoughts and opinions, Arkade Prince became a watched individual. I would caution any who would teach him more powerful Earth Magics to think long and hard before they do. Especially if he wishes to dabble in Formal Earthen magics.

For those who say he has not cast necromancy. I say he has not yet cast necromancy, and his views are quite clear on why.

I do not come wishing to start a fight, just to bring to light what this individual has said in the past. Feelings like this do not fade quickly. Now you have all been informed.

May you all find peace through enlightenment,

Ambassador Guildmaster Pantzike

Guildmaster, Finn Castle Healer's Guild
Ambassador of the Northern Guilds to Authenrai
Undead Destructor of the Phalanx

Senor Pantzike,

In my opinion, "yet" means not'ing. We are all capable of breaking any law. I find no wisdom or good at all in pre-emtivly condemning someone for somet'ing dhat dhey "can" or "could" do. Call me pessimistic, but I do nye t'ink dhat any type of reprimand is gonna be handed down to our good friend Dikembe for openingly threatening a man what done him no harm.

He is a grandmaster of dhe lore surrounding necromancy. He understands it more dhan most could ever hope for. I t'ink dhis deserves to be known.

Fortune and Love Find All and Disdain None,

~Doctore Marcena Cenkraea "The Dove" Idumea DagonGaddi
Ambassadore of Salamis
Great Master Alchemist of the HEART, Royal Alchemist Guild of Valdanis
Among Other Things

I dunno, doggirl, seems like this guys all hot bothered 'bout walkin' skellees and goolees might be bit soft in the head. The moony be talkin' good sense, mang, 'sbad profit gettin' in with someone like thats. Smudge

Marcena,

Yar not helping him one bit at all bah reminding everyone dat Arkade has knowledge dat ah wouldnt trust most people wit. It is true dat Arkade has crossed da line and burned a lot of bridges in dese lands as it pertains ta dis topic and dat while dat doesnt make him guilty of anything and its, unsure dat he will ever, he would in a lawless land, he would given reprieve from da laws, and may chose ta if reasonably sure dat he wouldnt get caught or be executed. Thad makes it reasonable dat he might not have done it "yet"

If he ever does in dese lands, I'll see ta it dat da full brunt of da law is weighted upon him.

I kin also tell ya dat no member of King Deafells court will tolerate murder or an assault upon a law abiding citizen of dese lands. Rest assured, as long as he remains on this side of da law Arkade can rest safely. On da other hand.. da punishedment for necromancy is as swift and severe in dese lands as any other ive been ta.

Journeyman Dikembe,

Ah understand yar perfectly normal views of dese crimes and applaud yar willingness ta fight fur what you beleive is right. However ah must insist that any evidence you ever posses be given ta da right sources. Mahself, or Sirs Havok, Rasseur, Bane or Sudicar will see ta da fullest extent of da law to any punishment fur necromancy.

I understand yar desire for more proactive action but ah cannot tolerate it. Please help da rule of law and cooperate with da proper lawmen.

Master Ambassador,

Thank you fur letting us know of this issue more clearly. You are a credit to yar countrymen and all adventurers in yar sharing yar opinion consisly. Yar continued aid is always apreciated and im sure dat Lady Elledandiril, would like da discuss some potential treaties ta benefit da laws of both lands and perhaps even specifically aid both rules of law further be able ta hunt necromancers and root them out.

Thank Ya,

Jehan Wyldweaver- Lifestorm
Lord Regent of Anthrexia
Warden of Truth-Andar

I jus' said dhat I t'ought dhe extent of his studies should be known. Taken into whate'er consideration his potential teachers shall take it. Blasphemous me, but I t'ink he has a lot of invaluable knowlege to teach concerning necromantic principles dhat can be used for good. Apart from dhe "would he or would he nye" discussion.

Is all I meant.

Fortune And Love,

~Marcey

Just out of curiousity, and because I occasionally enjoy watching someone dig their own grave...

What exactly constitutes a "Necromantic principle that can be used for good?"

-Tieran

So you think he has a lot of knowledge about something, but you have absolutely no basis for thinking this?

I think Jehan spoke volume upon volume of wisdom when he told you, though nicely, to shut up.

I will make the assumption that he knows you personally and will therefore not waste my time duplicating his advice.

-Tieran

Marcena,

I didnt shay yar intentions and meaning where bad... jest there result. It doesnt matter wut ya want people ta hear... it matters wut dhey here. I tink in another setting, letting folks know someone knows a lot of theory bout how necromancy works would be one ting... but ta say one is a master of necromantic knowledge when there are dose who beleive he is a necromancer only furder enflames da fire of their spirit and hurts da laws chance of prevailing.

GoodMan Tieran,

I kin tink o one taugh ta me by a High Orc Warrior of note:

"Earth tend ta hurts it alot"

Jehan Wyldweaver-Lifestorm
Lord Regent of Anthrexia
Warden of Truth-Andar

As I see it, there are those that do nye like being told dhat dhere is somet'ing they don't know nor seek it out when they realize it and so are content to remain unknowing. Especially concerning taboo and dangerous topics such as necromancy. Put necromantic skills in the hands of some garden variety earth scholar and you have a garden variety necromancer who does nye know dhe forces he/she controls. I know dhe fathom of his knowlege. However, I do not know the value of his vast knowlege yet, Tieran. But in such a field where men know so little(and most of the people that do know are people I would as soon never meet) I believe that therein lies it's priclessness.

You would have to speak to him. It is just my opinion on dhe matter. I have said what I want to.

Fortune Fail None,

~Marcey

Back