Looking for Isawda

Zephyra

Artisan
*Finished with her shopping in the market, Kai starts a dedicated search for Isawda. Truthfully, she was rather motivated by her stomach, and could have walked right past him without noticing.*

I hope I haven't missed him. *She bends to adjust her purchases. For "some food mostly" she seems to have quite a few packages jammed into her two canvas bags.*

In a quiet spot in the woods near the Breach, Isawda lovingly puts the finishing touches on a small wooden box. Small but, to him, precious.

Crafted from living wood it commemorated one who no longer lives, no longer travels at this side. Their paths had not always been identical, as her blood ran much hotter than his. But the world without her was still a much darker and colder place. Perhaps when other added their remembrances of Ithawda, and the Memory Box was consumed by flames, the ceremony would warm and light his future path with her memories.

Should he abandon the Breach that Ithawda had always been so willing to risk her life for? Returning to the lands of the Biata might be the easy answer, but did it honor her memory?

"No."

The one word was the first he had spoken in several days. But while the voice might sound rusty and hoarse, the decision was clear as crystal in the early morning air.

With that, he placed sever small items in the Memory Box, closed it reverently, an turned toward Parsons Breach and the future.

It seemed only a few quick steps and he was back in the public square of the Breach. Somehow it was exactly the same as always, and yet so different.

Glancing around, Isawda looks to see who else is up and about...

*Looks up from her armload of wares and sees Isawda walking towards her- what luck!*
*She starts towards him happily, but catching his expression she slows, and her final approach is tentative.*

Um.. Sir.. er.. Mr Isadaw? I was hoping to speak with you... if you have a moment.

*She shifts uncomfortably*

*She shifts again*
*Realizing she has little time she decides to be blunt, frighteningly blunt by her standards.*

I heard you might be going away, because of.. what happened. I have to make a trip home before my parents disown me, but I'll be back. I understand if you have work you need to do, but I hope you'll stay, if you can. I know it's selfish, but I already miss her and I would just miss you too if you left. And I'm sure a lot of other folks feel the same.

*She snuffles, and wipes her eyes on her sleeve*

So, I guess that's it. Thank you for your time.

Almost without realizing it, Isawda smiles at the small bundle of energy.

"Kai. my own duties press me to remain, as does my concern for all the defenders of Parson Breach. I admit, my first thought was to return to my people with the loss of Ithawda." His smile becomes something very different and bittersweet as he says her name aloud. "But Ithawda was determined that the Breach and her friends in it be defended. I can do no less than stand in her stead for as long as my strength sustains me."

Straightening his shoulders, he adds "Now I need to prepare a few small things, so that I can offer a Memory Box for Ithawda on the first evening of our next gathering at the Breach."

*Snuffles again*
I'm glad you're staying
*She shuffles forward and gives the Biata gentleman a very awkward hug, her two heavy bags pulling her off balance*
*She releases him and backs up*
I.. have things to do as well.
*She backs away a few steps, and then turns and scurries away without another word*

Stepping out of the Howling Crag's kitchen for a breathe of fresh air, Lucian looks up and see's Isawda walking across the common's. Stunned but for a moment, he removes his hat and bow's deeply to the stately Biata; knowing his grief but not having the word's to console his torment, he remains silent. Rising from his bow, Lucian feels a slight tremble and then a severe rocking of the land around him, sounds of breaking glass and groaning structures can be heard throughout Parson's Breach. Looking around he say's "What was that?" as a wall of wind and dust pummels him ..... a gust so powerful it knocks him to the ground ... a black wind from the direction of Calenhelm......

Garridan is walking through the Breach after the events of the previous day. Saturday evening's troubling events foremost on his mind. The Duke using the memory of his friend against the defender's of Parson's Breach had sparked a fire in him.

Approaching the Sherrif, Garridan pulls him aside...

(PM incoming)

Back