Looking for the Colonel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakero303

Karuna would be inquiring for a moment of the colonel's time should it be free, dressed back in his usual day clothes and if wanted to be found in the fields just in front of the tavern.

Colonel Stormcrest grabs a mug of ale and sits at the tables in The Commons, taking in the view down the field to The King's Road. As always, he is dressed for battle, ready for anything, part of the conditioning of his military life. He waits for Karuna to join him.

Karuna joins in at the tables, nodding respectfully. "Colonel." He speaks in greeting. "I was wanting to perhaps discuss an idea with you, as to concerning the few little trip ups that occurred over the weekend. You mind if I sit?"

The Colonel motions to a seat across from him.

"Please, sit, and speak your mind. I myself have been reviewing the reports I have heard, and have been pondering ways to improve our small outpost here, in many respects. I welcome your comments."

"It came to my attention that when there came about the crimes and punishments of unlawful acts occured, the guard had at the time a vague notion of what punishment was for what, or rather there was a conditional sentencing. While this I think is a good stance on things, for petty or civil crimes that might be filled with bias and perhaps not the law. Rather, it would be a headache and also a distraction from the guard from their original intentions of security and higher crimes like murder." Garnett at this point gestured with a hand.

"An idea simply came forth for just a position for dealing with said minor crimes, so that when such incidents are put forth there is both a person with the clear understanding of the law along with also having it on their person, let's it be done with quickly." He frowns mildly, in thought. "I am not suggesting a magistrate of course, as I am both a foreigner of this land and new to this post. But with that same merit I am unbiased to the local politics and come from a land that saw fairly even ruling of the place, and would like to assist as I can to giving a balanced scale if petty theft or disputes arise. I do have skills in both the work of a scribe as well to put forth to this idea, and have been enlisted into the Arcane Sanctum if there was a worry of my absence for lack of investment."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back