loot splitting

I didnt think he stole my sword, I thought he went to bed with it after a late night mod... heck Ive made the same mistake. :D

That would be David Cheek?

Just trying to place a face to a board name.

Paul

Well, I'm not sure if this pertains, but here I go...

I doubt if anyone's noticed how Tazoulti >rarely< loots a corpse. (You'll need to FOIG why.) And when it comes to loot splits, he isn't very demanding - often taking only coinage or potions if their available. (But he does inquire if there's anything that would interest a blacksmith though...)

And only once has he gotten really cheesed about not getting a chunk of the loot. (Again, FOIG why.) Plus, He has yet to take MI's as part of loot :!:

Haha there are too many Dave's....Mr. Cheek is my brother haha ;)
One thing is that it is hard to tell who is OOG being greedy and who's character personality is greedy. Honestly, things seem to work themselves out IG anyway from my experience...though I don't really care about money/items so I guess I'd fail to notice either way. I am just there to have fun ^_^ (which I know we all are, I think we tend to forget that sometimes!)

In my experience, overly-greedy characters have a mysterious way of getting attacked from behind/by surprise and wake up to find their loot missing...

As a wise man once said, don't be a walking vault with a target on your back. ;)

The system checks itself In-Game in the long run, even if there are seemingly short term losses/gains.

Just adding my comments on the matter...

In other games I have been in, loot has always been touchy. The thing is, weather your a good role player or not, if you keep getting the short end of the stick over and over and over, it begins to get to you out of game, and out of game can push to in game very quickly and suddenly.
Now, I don't want loot splitting to always be there, BUT if we do a big mod, then yes, we should definitely split the loot up as fairly as possible. This means that people are buying out potions, scrolls, and such for fair prices (stop under cutting guys, I for one noticed this and it is rather insulting) and if there's not enough coinage to go around, then make piles of whats worth what and go from there.

Also, and this is more important then anything, only have one person counting things out (in front of everyone) and everyone else just stays calm and waits quietly. It can be very very flustering to have just two people trying to talk to you, let alone ten. Ideally the person counting should have merchant by the way just so things can be double checked.

I think that's all.

Hi All.
Being a healer i don't do much loot searching and killing so i don't get a ton of it.
But that's ok, I'm not here for loot. I'm just sticking up for the other newer healers.
We don't always get thought about on loot because we are not front row fighters.
But we are usually the ones that get the front end fighters off the ground and kept alive.
I do like it when one person carries it and then it is split up at the end.
Because either the casters or the people that don't want to make it a big deal don't get the short end of the stick.
We did very well during the mod days. I like how we did it then.
So just because they don't fight up front doesn't mean they don't get a cut.
I'm fine not getting much because as i said im not here for loot.
i'm here for hanging out with you all and getting my exercise and generally having a good time.
And i always have a great time at the events.
And it's inevitable that Gandian will get all the magic items and most of the loot anyway. hehe. (Joke)
Have fun.
Al Weier.

Seriously guys, if we're gonna talk about ways for our loot splitting to be more effective let's move the topic to an in game post.

i think it's hillarious that a post about loot gets this many replies... especially compared to a favorites from the weekend.

Lok said:
i think it's hillarious that a post about loot gets this many replies... especially compared to a favorites from the weekend.

In a favorites thread, you only post once. In a discussion, the same people post over and over and over...

i agree with Dave C. this is more of a discussion than anything.

In my opinion if you want a bigger vut try to get more loot. i can understand that you don't always have time because that spider is sneaking up behind you while you're trying to loot a corpse, but i've seen how much loot monsters can go out with (crunchies, and smaller mods especially) and whenever I NPC i'm surprised by the number of players who kill me, and walk away without looting me just so they can talk or circle-gank another monster. but that's just personal observation.

i kinda agree with Andrea (Gorka) though. RP is a good idea, because everyone has a different character with different motivations and needs. i'd love to see, and of course do, a little more RP with loot splitting.

Back