Loot

My old character used to collect up any and all looted weapons that were not needed and about once a year or so when the marauding hordes of whatever were rampaging across the countryside I'd take the stack of tags to Plot and say "Yeah, between now and the next event I'm gonna do my usual thing and go to all the outlying farms and such and distribute weapons to folks and use my 3 Teachers every day to make sure they know which end to grab." and then just turn em back in. Usually 15-20 of varying types at a time. I actually enjoyed getting to do that way more than if I'd gotten the coin equivolent of what those weapons were worth.

I'm surprised no one tried to put out golden shorts while you were out here, Jeff.

Angrydurf said:
Its fairly rare that we get random "stuff" loot usually its strait production Items or magic Items or coin. But we do get a fair chunk of Production Items. there are almost always potions/scroll/alchemy in the loot pile. I will also say that despite the commoness of shatter/destroy effects I still haven't sold any replacement weapons except for when a PC shattered another PCs weapon and wanted to replace it. I think a fair bit of weapons are going out they are just getting collected to distribute to peoples whos stuff gets broke.
Well if theres a lot of weapons going out I would love to see some of them. lol I think I'm down to like 10 (and I have phys reps for them all :D ) that will never do,. I would give Balin some business if i collected gold or accepted any payment when i fight. crusader=poor :!:

Saephis said:
I'm surprised no one tried to put out golden shorts while you were out here, Jeff.

Hey, did anyone search Solomon's permanently dead body THAT thoroughly? Coulda had 'em for your own, brothah. Woulda gone so well with yo' mack daddy pimp hat, too ;).

Maxondaerth said:
Hey, did anyone search Solomon's permanently dead body THAT thoroughly? Coulda had 'em for your own, brothah. Woulda gone so well with yo' mack daddy pimp hat, too ;).
I don't think I could ever think to live up to the expectations of the previous showings of those shorts, I'm afraid.

vikingsurvivor said:
Angrydurf said:
Its fairly rare that we get random "stuff" loot usually its strait production Items or magic Items or coin. But we do get a fair chunk of Production Items. there are almost always potions/scroll/alchemy in the loot pile. I will also say that despite the commoness of shatter/destroy effects I still haven't sold any replacement weapons except for when a PC shattered another PCs weapon and wanted to replace it. I think a fair bit of weapons are going out they are just getting collected to distribute to peoples whos stuff gets broke.
Well if theres a lot of weapons going out I would love to see some of them. lol I think I'm down to like 10 (and I have phys reps for them all :D ) that will never do,. I would give Balin some business if i collected gold or accepted any payment when i fight. crusader=poor :!:

You may want to better publicize your crusade, The crowd you usually run with are a bit on the mercenary side by reputation and I think you get lumped in.

I haven't seen much in the way of weapons go out a few but not a huge number personally, I base alot of my expectations on the lack of demand so I figure that weapons are flowing in at a similar rate to that with which they are leaving from one source or another could just be that folks have some big stockpiles.

Angrydurf said:
You may want to better publicize your crusade, The crowd you usually run with are a bit on the mercenary side by reputation and I think you get lumped in.
1. I do what I do with out yelling from the rooftops hey im a nice guy !, actually doing that would diminish the act of helping . No my actions are are the publicity i desire as long as Snag know what he does thats all that matters
2. Not sure who you mean by who I run with, since I run with alot of people, If you are reffering to parotts, rons, and Aaron's characters they don't have a rep as any kind of mercenary they are reported to be greedy, but I have not seen them be any more greedy then the average PC. A lot less so when compared to certain PC's.
3. ultimately you cant really control what someone else is gonna think about you or the character you are playing. So play as you will and let people assume what They will.

Angrydurf said:
I haven't seen much in the way of weapons go out a few but not a huge number personally, I base alot of my expectations on the lack of demand so I figure that weapons are flowing in at a similar rate to that with which they are leaving from one source or another could just be that folks have some big stockpiles.
I would tend to agree that there are some people hoarding them.

OK well I was trying to find a nice way to say greedy with te mercenary comment. I don't think they are more so than the average but hte have got a rep for whatever reason (and yea the aaron parrot ron crowd is who I was refering to.)

I toataly understand letting your actions speak for themselves. It may be because I haven't been on mny mdos with Snag but I had no idea that he didn't accept gold etc for his part was all I was saying.

I have been surprised that with all the shatters flung about there has been so little demand for new weapons. I think that the stockpiles may be getting worn down and I believe that some PCs sold off stockpiles recently too.

I ran a mod in Caldaria a few years back where the PCs went to work for a pig farmer. The reward for the successful completion of the mod was a pound of bacon. People still talk about it.

I would so take place in that MOD for real or just tagged bacon.

Paul

AllianceCHI said:

Paul

Write the MOD, I'll provide the bacon. This event. I'll even bring the -good- bacon.

Wraith said:
AllianceCHI said:

Paul

Write the MOD, I'll provide the bacon. This event. I'll even bring the -good- bacon.

If he doesn't write it, I'll give it a shot. But it will cost you some bacon. :)

It was not cooked. However it was the next morning at breakfast.

Stoneskull_Rockfist said:
Wraith said:
AllianceCHI said:

Paul

If he doesn't write it, I'll give it a shot. But it will cost you some bacon. :)

Worst come to worst, I'll bribe some poor sucker... I mean valued volunteer to help with cleanup on Sunday morning with it. :mrgreen:

Robb Graves said:
we have green tags that represent IG items with value but that can't really be repped. "an old boot" value = 1cp there's also bigger stuff like. "a war horse" value = 10 gold or whatever, but obviously you don't find war horses as loot. the green tags are just used that way to represent those things and allows for more IG commerce and trade. i love finding useless crap like that personally. i have been trying to figure out how to get HQ to allow more non-magical repped items into the game. like earrings that have a number and a value, but are not magical at all. you see some of that stuff, but not enough in my opinion.

of coarse if i want to go off on a totally unrelated tangent, I also think wizards should be able to flaw there own magic items they are creating on purpose. i want to see more racist/classist/sexist/etc. items.

Come to CT - Jesse LOVES his flaws...

Back