Looting the Cess Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.
((This takes place well before Frederick's resurrection))

Frederick had been sentenced to Obliteration for High Treason. After the Archmage carried out the sentence, Frederick was thrown in the cess pool...but no one took his possessions off him first...

A few minutes after the King's announcements and award hand-outs were completed, and the King headed on his way, it finally occurred to Nazrat that everything Frederick had on his person was still on his person...at the bottom of the cess pool. He was not the only one to realize this, but he was the first to do something about it.

It looked sickening down there, but Nazrat knew there were some valuable items in there, and he fully intended to pull them out. He hesitated a little, looking down there. It wasn't a place people were meant to go. He decided it wouldn't do to simply jump in with all his gear. At the very least, he should leave his pet rats out of it. As such, he set down his bag, and, after a bit of consideration, fiddled with his belt, to remove the rest of his equipment. He'd need someone to watch over it while he was down there...someone he trusted...and once he'd finished retrieving everything, he'd need a good, long washing to get rid of the stench. But judging from how skilled a healer Frederick was, he was liable to have some very nice things on his body, so Nazrat steeled his courage and prepared to go diving.

Spotting Nazrat, Garridan approaches knowing full well what was on the young ratling's mind. Loot. Garridan smiles briefly, and heads over to Nazrat. "Nazrat, that's a dangerous and foul place to find loot. If you're truly willing to submit yourself to this task, then I shall stand here and wait for you. I'm sure you're going to need some healing and probably Purification from whatever foul diseases are down there. I think I can help you out there, and will stand guard over your...friends" he says looking down at the satchel of rats. "All I ask is in return is that you show me what you find down there. I'd like to see what Frederick had on him, and see if anything can point to why he's been labelled a traitor. I don't believe Frederick would do anything to plot against th kingdom, and I'm sure he had the noblest intentions in his attempt to keep the blade from being found."

Nazrat nodded silently. He too was sure Frederick's intentions were noble, and if showing Garridan what he pulled out of the pit would help show that, he was perfectly fine with that. "If you have anything to counteract stench, too, that would be lovely," he said, half-joking, as he carefully entered the cess pit.

It was a foul, nasty place, and with Frederick having sunk to the bottom thanks to his chainmail, his items were difficult to retrieve. Still, Nazrat managed somehow, pulling up two once-shiny Magical Items, about two Hammishes of potions, a bag of coin, and Frederick's armor. After digging around in the filth for as long as he could stand, he determined this to be everything that was down there. He placed the muck-covered potions down near Garridan after wiping off some of the larger, more disgusting chunks of grossness. "These-- *gag* --these potions are likely labelled as what they truly are. That said, I cannot read the labels, so you'll have to identify them yourself. I also located this gold necklace, which I recognize as the Item that gave Frederick two extra Life Spells a day, at the cost of becoming afraid of what he uses them on, and this roughly heart-shaped metal...thing...which I don't recognize, but I believe it's also a Magic Item." "I was unable to dig up a spellbook or journal or anything like that, I'm afraid. If he had such a thing on his person, it's lost to the sewers now." After a brief pause, Nazrat continued. "I would very much like to get this filth washed off, both of myself and these various items, so...if we could continue this in the washhouse, I'd very much appreciate it. Oh, and Frederick's body was not still down there--he has not faced his final death yet."

removed the list unless Nazrat has the ability to identify potions Or read, which he does not, he has no idea what they are. Each potion will have to be identified IG as it takes 1 minute to figure out if what they say they are, they actually are. As well, if you do not know what the item is, you do not know the properties. You will have to have them identified by the Arcane Sanctum- Cory HoR

"Well that's good news." Garridan says with relief that his friend isn't gone. "I hope I can get a chance to chat with him." Garridan looks over the items, and doesn't notice anything too out of the ordinary. He piles them into a scarf he pulls from around his neck, and gestures to Nazrat to head to the washing area.

"We should definitely get that one item identified or if we can find Frederick and ask him. Since he's alive I'm not sure what kind of claim Frederick can lay to them, considering the King and Az'Caine could probably care less what happens to them. I'll leave that up to your discretion." Garridan smiles that grin of his and nods at Nazrat as he begins cleaning off some of the items, taking a mental stock of the things he recognizes.

"I would suggest if you do decide to keep everything to put all those potions and elixirs to good use. Frederick used a lot of that in the defense of the Breach, and considering his noble actions and honorable intentions. Some of that should definitely be used in our defense. Things could end up getting worse before better, considering what's happened here this weekend. That Life spell item should be put to really good use considering what may be coming."

*Watches the exchange from the cover of the scrubby brush nearby. If she had only been a little quicker, she might have been left alone to 'guard' the Rat-kins possessions. At least she isn't the one having to wash the filth from her fur. She mutters something to herself, and starts to pick her way through the fallen leaves and into the forest. She is down the hill and out of sight in moments*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back