Low Level Event

We apologize, but the planned alternate campaign has been put on Hold for a while...

You see, the Alliance By-Laws do not allow for a campaign where someone can transfer out but not in. We're going to discuss this at the Symposium, so perhaps the campaign may reappear next year.

In the meantime, we're going to try a similar experiment for a low level event in June: It will take place outside of Ashbury city but still be a part of the Ashbury campaign. The level cap will be 15 Build Points, and will rise with each subsequent event accordingly!

More details will be forthcoming.

Not to sound to condescending...

But i see no reason why you can't make a change to the by-law and just run the campaign.

If you had people concerned, its real simple don't play in the low level game and no harm no foul.....

If you have people making a formal complaint, then they should stop complaining and once again just not play in the game.

If it doesn't intentionally hurt anyone, then just carry on.

I think quite a few people were looking forward to this and really were quite ok with the rules you put forth as far as transferring in or out.....

I hope it wasn't ruined because people were meaninglessly making complaints...

-Toddy

Toddy: It's probably a matter of precedent... if one campaign is allowed to break by-laws, what's to stop all the others from doing so?

Adding something into the by-laws about alternate campaigns being able to alter specific things is fairly easy to do, opening the door to changing things like treasure policy could ripple through the rest of the chapters in unforeseen ways.

I'm depressed because the concept for the plot was so cool, but I understand the concern; you don't want chapters ignoring the By-Laws, and as HQ we need to set the example for everyone else. We're going to try to see if we can make a change at the Symposium to allow for the concept in the future.

Why not use the cool plot and just forget about the no one can transfer in thing?
Fearless Leader said:
I'm depressed because the concept for the plot was so cool, but I understand the concern; you don't want chapters ignoring the By-Laws, and as HQ we need to set the example for everyone else. We're going to try to see if we can make a change at the Symposium to allow for the concept in the future.

James Trotta said:
Why not use the cool plot and just forget about the no one can transfer in thing?

The cool plot required the isolation; the idea of people growing up in an area where there was a portal out but none in, never knowing what was through the portal, and not being exposed to the rest of the world. Allowing people to transfer in ruins that as soon as the first PC does so.

ok, so if the problem is that you can transfer out but not in ?? if so then just make it so you CAN NOT transfer in OR out! problem solved...

... the problem isn't solved, I think the bylaws say that you have to allow transfers (both in and out). That's why they canceled in the first place.

Whats there something post, inregards with the new rules about starting a non standard game?? Or did I misread something about that?

You can 100% not allow transfers (in and out) in an ALT campagin. As a matter of fact that was the whole reasoning behind it. You want to make your own crazy rules and adjust it as you see fit, fine just keep it an LCO campagin.

My goodness, this isnt a topic of discussion for health care reform.... bylaws, amendment, if he can do it why cant others....

Its a bunch of people, mostly friends. That want to play a game... do a hobby... HAVE FUN (really.....)

Just let the people that want to play it play it. And if other games want an alt campaign to do the same (then just do it also)

This is really not as hard to accomplish as people seem to be making it.

-Toddy

Can we move on with the alternate campaign for now if everyone playing a pc in it KNOWS they cant play that pc in other games.

And if it happens to change later then great. But there are at least 5 players that started making costumes and building a team. And that just in the Harrisburg area. I am sure that there are other players looking to playing in this game. :)

also if we start a lowbe game outside of the "alternate campaign" can we play the same Pcs there as in the alternate campaign? because i kinda dont want to build 2 new pcs.

thank you for any help
Tim

Ironically if we don't allow transfers out at all, that doesn't violate the By-Laws.

So there's two extremes -- either you let everyone transfer in as we do now in Ashbury (although a level cap is allowed) or we allow no transfers whatsoever. There apparently isn't a middle ground according to the By-Laws.

We still plan on running this first event as a 15 BP event, which means by definition no one will be transferring in.

The intent i have is to play a lowbe pc in the lowbe game "forever". IF there are no blankets then it would take a person pcing or npcing 16 events to get maxed out. ( the 17th even would make the pc 9th level )

So IF we ran 6 events a year ( about a normal chapter's worth ) a new player that is in the frist event and never misses a event could play the same PC for just short of 3 years befor the Pc is to large to play in the lowbe game. By then I bet we can all come to some happy middle ground where we all feel good about what to do with the players that are now ( after 3 years ) over the cap.

Tim

3.....2.....1..... LAY-ON :)

Fearless Leader said:
Ironically if we don't allow transfers out at all, that doesn't violate the By-Laws.

So there's two extremes -- either you let everyone transfer in as we do now in Ashbury (although a level cap is allowed) or we allow no transfers whatsoever. There apparently isn't a middle ground according to the By-Laws.

We still plan on running this first event as a 15 BP event, which means by definition no one will be transferring in.

I would say you cant trasfer out...makes more sense to me since its an alt world, but hey you dont whats best for you.

I'm sure there was discussion about it and all, but would you consider raising the cap for the first event to 20 and allow people to come in at that build level? I am most likely not going to make it to it anyway, but of course I immediately began to formulate what kind of character I would play given the situation. One thing that occured to me is that no one who wanted to play an alchemist would be able to do so really until at the very least the second event, and most likely the third before being able to throw gasses. If, however, the cap was raised to 20 then a player could have alchemy 3 and small weapon at the first event, or at least a weapon skill and alchemy 1 and then have 3 possibly by the second event.

Just a thought anyway. I think 20 build would still allow for that feeling of "fresh out of the box adventurer" but would allow for people to have the basic skillset of their primary career and maybe even a racial or two which I think is also very important for new characters to be able to have, helps them get a better feel for who they are IG.

the loot going out at a apl 1 event would be very high and gasses have a set cost to make. I would stay away form that kind of pc in this game. there just wont be gold going out that often. And that is kinda the point ( not powerful pcs ).

But you would be king of a mod once per event if you rolled in with 5 or 6 gasses :)

Tim

I hope there are some NPC with teacher cards to we can actually spend our build before the second event. I don't know how many PCs are going to take Teacher with that little build to use.

Yeah, at that amount of build, Teacher is the "ceramic dalmation" of skills purchased.

Let's see who gets that reference, mostly old people I'm betting.

Just offer to sell your services. Remember this is an alt universe. Not like the norm of everyone having healing and teachers. Set the tone early.

Back