Lowbie event

I'm a bit turn off by the lack of a lowbie event this year. Low turn out should not be the only reason for not having one. Check the stats and ask around. Lowbie events are very close to the top rated events every year. Any one who wants a lowbie event some where this year post here. Hopefully our voices will be heard. The lowbie event was a (I thought anyway) fun tradition at HQ. I'd hate to see it put down by the need for a large turn out.

tab

I would attend a lowbie event as an alternate or an NPC. I am also intrigued by Scotts concept of a low level campaign at the HQ site.

my only restriction on attending any events is that i can usually only do 1 a month because of my job. when it's a lowbie event the one weekend and then a regular the next, or 2 weeks later, I go to the regular because of my primary.

I would very much enjoy a low lvl event. I could use a small break from my main every now and again.

The lowbie event was really small by HQ standards last year - less than 20 PCs if I remember right. I LOVE lowbie events. They're fun, and heck, they're actually easier to do from a plot standpoint. But it seemed last year not so many people were into it, and looking at the population this year we weren't sure we'd even have enough lowbies to throw one.

That being said, If enough of our players want one, we'll gladly throw it back into the lineup.

I'm all for the low lvl Event. Marissa and I had discussed that the nice things about that event is that being 6 or 7th level gives you a chance to play a top dog if you want. A starting fighter that can swing 5s feels powerful, but compared to the 10s, 12s, 15s, etc. from others at normal events, you don't get the chance to be the "face wrecker" that you can at the Low events.

-Tim Curry
Fan of Wrecking Faces

We could potentially do one in November or December (which was traditionally when lowbies were done), but it will be COLD - especially at night, and there really isn't anywhere to get warm. I'm also not sure what the cutoff is for turning off the plumbing at the site so pipes don't freeze.

My G/F would play her cracter at a lowbie, but not in the winter cause she hates cold.

I think my flat mates would also play a lowbie either to PC or NPC.. so that's 2 more.

just depends on the "when"

I'll build a big fire, we can all sleep near it...just get a NPC to spell craft us a Limited Circle so we don't have to Fight in the fire pit

I have three characters waiting to be played. I'd love a lowbie event to break one of them out.

---Mike E.

Telokh_Amdo said:
I have three characters waiting to be played. I'd love a lowbie event to break one of them out.

---Mike E.

Bah...cowboy up and play them during a regular event....I'm going to this one at 4th lvl so there :p

J/k In all honesty I'd go to a lowbie event but it depends on money and time at work.

Mike S(tabley)

I'd certainly play a lobie event. And if by the time it rolls around my main has leveled over the cap I'd roll up an alternate even if it was only a 15 build level 1! :D

The lowbie event was my favorite last year!! And i was really excited to try and bring out an alt partly because of my frustrations with Sryah and how little she can do what she wants build wise at the current level. Don't get me wrong i love to rp with the rest of them but someday i want to be the one you all call when i the big bad attacks and lowbie is a good chance for us newbies to the game to feel really cool. So please please please can we have one? I'd definately try to come in late oct or november. December might be pushing it but hey i went to Ohio in a snowstorm and had a blast, and really at that first one when we slept on the porch there wasn't much winterizing. So yeah if we can make it happen i'll be there!

Thanks for listening to my ranting.

-marissa

I'd totally attend a lowbie as long as it fit my schedule. It was awesome being one of the three most powerful characters in the whole town at the lowbie event last year, and while I certainly couldn't do it again this year, that is the sort of awesome feeling which everyone should have the opportunity to experience. I would say playing that event significantly changed my playing style for the better, even if I'm just one of the mid-range swordsmen at typical events. Plus, it gives lots of players the opportunity to NPC if they don't have the money to fund a whole new wardrobe for a new character, and dark-siding is something that everyone should do at least once to gain a deeper appreciation for the game. Three cheers for lowbie events. :)

I would be totally down for a lowbie event, name the time, and if I can make it I will be there!

-Justin Coggin

Back