Maelstrom Spirit Resonance Notes

Samyania

Scholar
I believe I was the only person taking notes during the Resonance ritual for the spirits of the Maelstrom. Nobody has yet received a transcription from me. As it is not sensitive information, I think, would you prefer me to transcribe them here?

D. M. VVT

D. M. VVT,

That would be most appreciated. Thank you for your forethought in this matter. Your notes will be most helpful. This place should be a safe and appropriate place to share that information.

-Embrawk Hematite of the Quails

Vellis,

If you would be willing to transcribe your notes here, that would be wonderful.
I know I speak as others do, but I would like my own to annotate further. Having a central source convenient for everyone would be ideal.

Thank you again.

- Shin

My thoughts reflect those of the others here.

Kjeld son of Bjarn
niðr Jardhilgr Roedha
Keeper of Numbers
Alpha of the Vestr Valdyr

Here are the spirits as viewed thorough the Resonance:
  • Bear: Eldest, dreamed the spirit world into being. Solitary, gentle, fierce, protective. Stands for strength, healing and dreams. Hurt and currently hibernating. Should be found, woken up. There is a malevolent presence who wants her to stay asleep. Her death will bring an end to the spirit world and the other spirits.
  • Beaver: Industry, crafting, cooperation. A faint presence, nearly powerless--with most of the mortals of Maelstrom dead, there is little cooperation.
  • Deer: Empathy, abundance, sanctuary. Hiding very well.
  • Frog: Song, rain, medicine. Consumed by jealousy, and responsible for drought and flood, his medicine turned to poison. Faint hope of saving.
  • Raven: Intelligent. Brings magic, secrets, visions. Recently returned to the world and strongest because of their dedicated shaman.
  • Wolf: The hunt, cunning, loyalty, family. A plurality, but reduced to four and dwindling. Not hiding but being hunted (by Boar) and lashing out in anger. Parts have been eaten by Outsiders.
  • Butterfly: Change, beauty. Weak and nearly gone. Trapped on Maelstrom, not dead. Something is using their power to disguise themself.
  • Boar: Rage and strength. Always fighting. Requires blood sacrifice. His shamans were corrupted before the end and were sacrificing sentient creatures. Hunting Wolf.
  • Owl: Judgment, law, knowledge, patience. Waited too long to act before the end.
  • Lion(?): War, nobility. Alive but defeated and brooding on their loss.
  • Fox: Cunning trickster--almost bends reality. Not dreamed by Bear but by himself. Seems corrupted, but is playing both sides against each other. Very weak.
  • Mouse: Fertility, safety. Hiding. Kind, gentle. Wasting away.
Dead spirits include: Eagle, Ram, Lizard, Snake.

To help the remaining spirits will require a great deal of work. You must find those who hide, find their homes and places of power, in addition to revering them. You must perform appropriate sacrifices at their places of power (Raven likes secrets, Boar needs blood, etc.). Some strongholds have been defiled. The spirits need dedicated shamans to work through, to be dedicated and act as the hands of the spirit in the land, and to teach others. This will take time.

There was something of a postscript as well.

We saw a blight spreading across the land, consuming farmland and everything in its path. There was nothing to stop it. Dryads cried out in hatred and sorrow. All over the land, in one day, they bled out into the earth in an attempt to save it, and to lash out against the empire.

Following this, Ivy the dryad spontaneously resurrected.

To add to this, I'm happy to say that wolf is expecting a cub soon to make their numbers 5.

Kjeld son of Bjarn
niðr Jardhilgr Roedha
Keeper of Numbers
Alpha of the Vestr Valdyr

Back