Magic involved in Race Changes

GoldRaven

So, I understand that your race can change with fae magic or ritual magic, but how exactly does that work? Can a pond in the woods have fae magic in it, which could change your race to match your soul if you drank it often enough? Or something like that...
Basically what I'm asking is; what are all the ways your race can be changed? Particularly in more passive, subtle ways. Thanks for the help!

It's either through direct ritual means through the use of the appropriate scroll and ritual casting (if a PC wants to do it themself), or it's through some device of the Plot team, which is only limited by their imagination. In short, your answer will vary depending on the Plot team and chapter and all the other variables for potentially limitless ways.

It's either through direct ritual means through the use of the appropriate scroll and ritual casting (if a PC wants to do it themself), or it's through some device of the Plot team, which is only limited by their imagination.
Well, I'm actually in Korea for the year, so I'm implementing my race change as a super long in between game action. Is there a way that I could work it in? Originally, my character transformed into a wylderkin from long exposure to a primal lifestyle in the wilderness, but I was told that's not possible. Is there any non-ritual ways to do it?

You would need to consult your local Plot team and their discretion stands. If the Plot team says no, well, that's that.

Any question that essentially boils down to:

"Can X ritual effect happen without a ritual being performed?"

Can generally be answered by,

"See Plot for terms and conditions."

Well, short of going around them and having it done at another chapter via Restricted formal scroll then presenting it as fait accompli when you get back.

Ummm for the record you dont need plot approval to race change via a race change scroll...

Teeeechnically Plot could deny Race Change in a number of ways in their own chapter. Never put out Race Change scrolls or Catalysts. Disallow Race Change rituals for the entire chapter. Plot fail all Race Change rituals.

I don't think it would be wise, but it is doable to an extent. Of course Muir's option would still exist. :)

Teeeechnically Plot could deny Race Change in a number of ways in their own chapter. Never put out Race Change scrolls or Catalysts. Disallow Race Change rituals for the entire chapter. Plot fail all Race Change rituals.

I don't think it would be wise, but it is doable to an extent. Of course Muir's option would still exist. :)

Technically, Plot could Voice Obliterate, too. Buuuut....

You make my point for me Evan. ;)

Ummm for the record you dont need plot approval to race change via a race change scroll...

In the sense that Plot can refuse to put out the scrolls, yes you do. In many chapters, you must do something IG to change before an NPC will come in with a scroll to allow you to change.

You don't have a right to demand a race change is my point.

I ended up re-writing it as an actual ritual. It was originally a much more symbolic, and more "fairy-tail-esque" story, which I was quite proud of, but that didn't work, so I had to change it, so that my character goes through an actual ritual at the mages guild. I'm not as happy about it, but to be honest, when you're writing in a pre-existing universe, sometimes you have to compromise.

I ended up re-writing it as an actual ritual. It was originally a much more symbolic, and more "fairy-tail-esque" story, which I was quite proud of, but that didn't work, so I had to change it, so that my character goes through an actual ritual at the mages guild. I'm not as happy about it, but to be honest, when you're writing in a pre-existing universe, sometimes you have to compromise.
If you're talking about your character history, that is explicitly disallowed. Pg 13, third column: "You cannot have any ritual effects upon you (such as race changes, spirit forges, or marks) nor can you have a noble title or a claim to a noble title."

If you're talking about your character history, that is explicitly disallowed. Pg 13, third column: "You cannot have any ritual effects upon you (such as race changes, spirit forges, or marks) nor can you have a noble title or a claim to a noble title."
Oh. Well, I'll see what my local plot chapter says about it. It might need a little more editing, but I can fix any mistakes they find. If theyre okay with i . Then awesome. If not, I'll change it again. No big deal.

What Mike said. A scroll and catalyst need to be made manifest, which is ultimately in the hands of the plot team. There's no "Hit the goblin nine times and get a Race Change scroll." mechanic in play.

I guess you haven't hit the right goblin. I have but it wasn't plot that put it out (or didn't). I would say it's staff, as an owner has the say weather or not the scroll is going to go out or they are rerolling. Wouldn't that be more of a staff control, as the owner has the right to refuse to allow it in the chapter. Not really plot controlled.

Mike I agree, you don't have a right to demand a race change.

I think an important thing to note also, is that my character is just now level two, and therefore the technical reason he can change his race is via rewrite. I'm just writing a legitimate in game reason for the race change, and was wondering the non-technical ways of race conversion. It's no big deal, though, I've contacted my local plot team about it.

Back