Magic Item Exchange Question

Daedric

The new rules describe "recommended" ritual exchanges for certain ritual effects that are being removed from the game.

Are they proposing that we adhere strictly to the list of recommended exchanges for each ritual, or can we choose from any of the other effects instead?

For instance, if player X has a magic item giving him 2/day life spell, but he is not a caster, is he limited to one of the proposed ritual effects, essentially requiring him to have a caster recharge his magic item between logistic periods, or to utilize a spell from memory?

I think that recommendation is designed so that playtesters can roughly maintain their expected functionality when converting magic items. Since this is playtesting, you can make any conversions you want if you think it would be best for playtesting. However, if you want a pretty good sense of how the rules allow (or limit) certain magic item functionality (like a fighter running around with life spells), these suggested conversions should give you the best understanding of that.

-MS

I was talking about when the rules change goes into effect.

I'm assuming they're going to allow people who spent a lot of time, resources, and energy into manufacturing magic items whose rituals are being deleted to exchange those magic items for an equal number of rituals.

This thread came to my attention so I thought I'd address directly-

The playtest doc recommended substitutions are for playtesting purposes. The owners have/will decide(d) on a method of real item replacement/alteration prior to conversion in the live system. I do not anticipate that will be the subject of any testing as it is a logistics function as opposed to a gameplay one.

JP

Back