Magic Sky Hot water and heat

Cedric

Rogue
Marshal
During our feedback survey, a lot of people had made comments about the lack of hot water in all of the cabins. We did find that by turning on a lot of the faucets, it forced the hot water to kick on in many of the cabins. Unfortunatly some cabins still had issues. Jesse went ahead and contacted the site manager and we got the response below. I have requested that all cabins heat be turned on to 67. If hot water is not working, or the heat in the cabins has issues, please let me know (even if you have to pull me out of game).

Concerning the hot water, all the cabins are on boiler systems, and so the hot water is basically endless.

There are a few quirks however, the foremost of which is that you have to let the water run, and run, and run, and run before you’ll ever feel hot water.

Next in line is that you must turn the shower handle ALL THE WAY to HOT, or it will just be lukewarm.

And finally in our quirk line-up, the Health Dept. mandates that our water be no hotter than 120 degrees, because regular people like you and I are too dumb to regulate our own shower water.

That can cause issues as well, and may have been the problem in Cabin 3. That may also have been a cold/hot water mixing valve too, which I will check.

In addition, all the boilers are currently undergoing annual maintenance, which will hopefully ensure all cylinders are firing by the time you guys come back.

I will make double sure the tech checks the mixing valves and also checks water temp in the showers before he leaves to make sure everyone has hot water .

On the room temperatures, I don’t know what to tell you other than to explain how the cabins work.

The heating system in all the cabins is hot water/radiant-in-floor and the thermal mass of the concrete slab is what keeps the buildings warm.

It takes a minimum of 48 hours for the slab to heat up or cool down, so no matter what you do with the thermostat it won’t change the temp until after you’re gone.

Years of complaints have taught us that 67⁰ is about the sweet spot for making everybody at least minimally happy.

I can however turn them to whatever temp you want a couple of days before you guys arrive.

Would you want to try maybe 65⁰ this time?

If the room is to hot your folks are welcome to crack a window – just shut them before you leave.

Thanks,

John

I have an idea!! Let's take the large group of people in Cabin 1 who are always too hot, and switch them with our Cabin 2 where we have too few people who are always too cold. Then it will work out perfectly. :) That would make Cabin 1 the Healer's Guild.

Back