Magic Teachers

(written with colored wax stick on papyrus)

Hail to who is reading this, please leave a message for me here. I want to learn more magic and Ms. Tova has promised to teach me some bigger healing magic. I wanted to know if there's a school as well. Write your name and a way to get in contact with you thank you.

Tempesta

Dear Tempesta,

My name is Avian Toth. I am a member of the Healers guild in Chiram's Hollow and Finn Castle. If it is your desire to learn the ways of the healing arts and your purpose is of noble nature than I would recommend you come to a gather of the healers guild in Chiram's hollow come spring. Until then If you send missive a place where you may be that I may find you I would be more than happy to talk to you about such things. Also there is an upcoming feast in honor of Sir Wynn and Squire Paladar, seek me out there and I will be happy to assist you.

Sincerely,
Avian Toth

Unfortunately, the late Sir Wynn and Squire Paladar.

-Mage Eldarion Avari

What an amazing idea! I should totally start a school! Osiris's School of the Amazing Arcane Arts! That is when I'm no longer. Being hunted by the malevolent forces that threaten to destroy our fair continent. But if you need Earth Magic learnin I can help you out. Look me up the next time i'm running for my life.

Osiris Riddle

PS- Lets stop this whole Withering soon, I miss my tower, oh yeah and tasting food!

Tempesta,

Come see me in the spring and we will start our magick lessons. I hope the Winter is treating you well . Take care and be safe .

Tova Ravensclaw
Assistant Guildmistress of the Chiram's Hollow earth guild
Guardian of the Endless Cycle

Miss Tova! I miss you all so much. I've collected so many neat things this winter that my cave is almost full! We should all get together and let Mr. Osiris teach us more stuff! I can't wait to see you and Miss Mave and Miss Meev! Mr. Osiris I don't know you but I've heard you're a really smart magic user and wise in the ways of the earth. I'd love to meet you and learn new stuff too. I'm planning on helping at the White Sun where it's cold. I might need more clothes. Hey I want to make my stick only hurt undead things with magic and never be able to hurt alive things. Maybe Mr. Osiris can help me with that!

~Tempesta~

The closest thing to a school that I am aware of at this time are the gatherings of adventurers that occur throughout the bastions during the times that the portals open. The skill that tends to converge on one point consists of many experts in a variety of fields.

Tempesta, I would be happy to share some of my experiences and knowledge with you when next we meet. This includes the ability to enchant weapons with the power of the earth, using either a single spell, ritual high magic, or prolonged ritual magic, depending on your ability and desire to learn.

Guildmaster Qiu Jun-Wu

I would like to enchant my club so it will only hurt undead people.

I don't mean to second-guess you, Squire Kainen, ('cause you're silver and wizardy, idn' it?) but couldn't Tempesta here get an Earth Aura on her weapon? I dunno much about Ritual Magic, but from what I understand, if you're channeling Earth when you're swingin', you only hurt things that are hurt by Earth, like undead.

By the way, Osiris, if you started a magic school it would be wicked! I would join. Even if you were getting hunted down by malevolent forces an' all.

Qiu Jun Wu! Sorry I've been away for so long. I'm goin' back to the Hollow real soon, where I will be guildsly and industrius and helpful to make up for lost time!

- Helix

I think hes working off the technical phrasing "will only"... Even with an earth aura the weapon can be used as a normal weapon thus it cannot harm just undead, but rather can harm all things a normal weapon would and also harm undead twice as effectively.

~ Avian

Indeed.

I have also run into several undead and non-undead under the effects of a Reverse Metabolism ritual, which also changes how an Earth Aura would work on them.

Though you are correct in questioning my statement Helix, I probably should have elaborated more. An Earth aura would be an excellent choice for any weapon that one wished to fight undead with. It will however not prevent that weapon form being able to harm other things as well.

Damage aura, and Flame Aura, and their respective battle magic counterparts, Magic Blade and Elemental Blade will also work.

I have encountered undead that have been only affected by a specific aura, be it Flame, Magic or Earth. So do beware that any specific one is not necessarily going to affect all of them. Though I do have to say that those not affected by an earth weapon are few and far between.

-Kainen

When traveling in the deadlands, knowing how to cast an earth blade or flame blade is surely a most desirable skill. In the very least having an item to aid you in this task is beneficial.

~ Avian

Back