Mobius

Squire
Chicago Staff
Marshal
From the Office of First Regent Master Horatio
High Regent of Arbor
Principle of Council of Regents

Declaration of Authority:
The Following Decree is to be Held Forth Across Wayside and will be Respected by all Principalities and all Sovereignties Bound by Treaty.
The Following Decree is to be Held Forth by all Citizens of Wayside, Visiting Non-Residents, Foreign Emissaries, Unlawful Immigrants.
The Following Decree holds the Weight of the Mayoral Office of Arbor, the Regency of Arbor, and the Council of Wayside Regents and is Above Reproach.
High Regent Horatio, the Magisterial Authority, and the Council of Regents have ultimate overview of this Edict and will amend, alter, increase, or delete sections which are found to contradict or otherwise harbor people or ideas which transgress the primary concepts within this Edict.

Section I:
The Following Guilds are Immediately Disbanded:
The Brotherhood of Lifestorm
The Alchemical Ministries Guild

Section II.
All members of these former Guilds are to bring their livery to the office of the Magisterium to be burned, never to be worn again.
All members of these former Guilds must renounce their guild titles and must never use them again.
All Guild assets, equity, land, chattels, and goods held by Wayside principles are to be reverted to the Magisterial office for disbursement.
All edicts held forth by these former Guilds are excised and no longer hold the force of Wayside Law.
All treaties held forth by these former Guilds are excised and no longer hold the force of Wayside Law.
All trade agreements held forth by these former Guilds are excised and no longer hold the force of Wayside Law.
All pending orders held forth by these former Guilds are nullified; their remaining debt absolved; their remaining portage refused.
All leverage in these former Guilds is liquidated, all loss to be applied against future earnings.
All attempts to create, recreate, reenact, or pursue these Guilds' intentions, customs, beliefs, habits, or rituals, or to reinvigorate them as a political unit is forbidden.
Any citizen of Wayside, visiting non-resident, foreign emissary, or unlawful immigrant who disrupts the execution of this Edict will be found in Contempt of the Regency of Arbor and will be prosecuted for Treason.

Section III.
All Members of these former Guilds who comply with Section II are not to be prosecuted further as a result of this edict, unless they transgress this edict and continue to act as, or in capacity, support, collaboration with, these former Guilds.
All Members of these former Guilds who comply with Section II are not to persecuted for the crimes of these former Guilds and have been acquitted of all pending charges concerning disbandment of these former Guilds and will not be pursued by the Magisterial Courts.
All debts owed by these former Guilds are not to be transferred to its members; all ledgers of these former Guilds are closed.

Section IV.
Former Guildmaster Jehan Wyldweaver is barred from ever returning to Wayside; any Treaty Bearer, Trade Partner, or connected Municipal Agency who is found to be harboring, aiding, or in possession of this man must extradite him to Magisterial Authority immediately lest they be in contempt of Treaty and in Breach of War.
Former Guildmaster Auran Saroch is barred from ever returning to Wayside; any Treaty Bearer, Trade Partner, or connected Municipal Agency who is found to be harboring, aiding, or in possession of this man must extradite him immediately lest they be in contempt of Treaty and in Breach of War.
Any citizen of Wayside, visiting non-resident, foreign emissary, or unlawful immigrant who is found to be harboring, aiding, or withholding knowledge regarding the local whereabouts of these former Guildmasters will be prosecuted for Treason

Sectin V.
If former Guildmaster Jehan Wyldweaver or former Guildmaster Auran Saroch transgress any portion of Section IV, the exempt status of their former Guild members will be revoked and both the former Guildmasters and the former Guild members will be tried for Treason.

Signed,
High Regent Horatio
Council of Regents

This comes as a surprise to me! I hadn't heard anything about this at the most recent Council Meeting. I'll follow up on this with Mayor Horation to find out what's going on! In the mean time, I have to abide by this, apparently, official edict. Anyone wearing tabards or symbols from these guilds will have to turn them in or be brought to Arbor and anyone who acts against this law will be remanded to custody.

Unfortunately, my duties to Briarpass and the Order have kept from socializing with the citizenry and I can't rightly say who was a member of either guild - my fault for being so busy. So, if anyone does see an old member, make sure to keep me informed as it's my duty to hold them to this edict. I'll be somewhere, it's hard to say really. In fact, write it down and give it to my staff in Arbor, they'll keep me informed. Of course, with how busy we've been of late, there's no telling if or when I'll get the message.

Regent Renlee Firstbourne

Whats all that mean?

-Durl

Durl,
It means that anyone who was a member of that guild is no longer a member. And they must turn in all livery that was the guild's. They may not claim status as guild members and no one may offer safe haven to the two former head masters. They may never again return to the lands of Wayside. I hope that former Master Auran Saroch made his way safely and quickly out of these lands.

Liddia FallingStar
Mistress of Mushroom Hallow
Junior Diplos to the Leaf Crowne
Uranian Apprentice to the Celestial Guild
Warden of Truth

You can go ahead and try and take my tabard. Anyone who assalts any member of Lifestorm over this idiotic ruling will answer to me.

We broke none of your laws, only helped you in times of need. For this we are now considered outlaws. Just more proof that laws are pointless.

Bart
Lifestorm since the beginning, Lifestorm forever after.

Let's not get in over our heads shall we. No one said anything about assaulting anyone. Best to keep our wits about us in the time ahead, and that means a clear head on our shoulders. One free of anger.

-ARK

Is good idea, Arkemedes. There are certain t'ings dhat no Magistrata may take from a man. My sympat'ies, friends.

Desamerre - I find it interesting that you're more than willing to abide by, consume, and enjoy the peace and tranquility of Arbor when it suits you, but as soon as the wind shifts you threaten and saber rattle. Times changes, political movements come and go. Think with your mind, not with your sword.

Arbor can take away a hundred pieces of cloth, and Lifestorm will still have resolve in their hearts. Don't be a fool or attack people merely doing their job. You should be committed to stewardship and peace, not some sparkly thread.

Master Dramthin Hartsboon
Keeper of the Tainted Grove

Dramithin, perhaps its the diffrence between us, but symbols such as our tabard mean more then any one person. And this isnt simply saying that we need a new tabard, this is saying my brother Jehan is barred from this land. By doing this they are trying to keep our strength from helping this town. Clear your own heads and look around, this land isnt right in the head, and perhaps since I am not a local I see it far more clearly then all of you. Perhaps thats why we have been banned from here as a group, because we have in our short time seen an spoken of the problems that you all have gotten used to.

Perhaps you just think me angry, but I see this as someone trying to weaken us all, and I see others trying to take advantage of this time of injustis.

Bart
Lifestorm
Beta to Jehan

Desamere - I would never downplay the accomplishments of Lifestorm as either individuals or as a group. However, Lifestorm should be more than a name and tabard. You are right that Lifestorm is a symbol - a symbol of Peace, Balance, and Hope. That can't be quashed with an announcement or burnt with a tabard. It persists, it prevails. I'm not saying you shouldn't be outraged or that you shouldn't fight to overturn this edict. I am saying you should stand with the Lord Steward's ideals, the ideals to which you and your brothers and sisters hold true - ideals which are precariously balanced on a system of sobriety, self-restraint, and order. Threatening the law and its people will destroy the very system you have sworn to protect.

Insurrection and treason aren't tools of an honourable steward, they're the recourse of brigands and tyrants.

Master Dramthin Hartsboon
Keeper of the Tainted Grove

Mobius said:
Threatening the law and its people will destroy the very system you have sworn to protect.

Insurrection and treason aren't tools of an honourable steward, they're the recourse of brigands and tyrants.

Master Hartsboon,

Yeah, insurrection and treason aren't tools of an honorable steward. However, at what point is standing against injustice treason? Is treason when you turn against a government, or against the people of the land?

When it comes down to it - what do you defend? The government of Wayside? Or the people of Wayside, against all that would threaten its freedom? I seek your thoughts.

Garmok

I am afraid that I agree -- you cannot attack Master Renly or his men for doing as they are told. They have jobs to do and families to feed just like anyone else.

The tabards aren't important, Bart. They're a small thing. Please, don't do anything rash.

It seems silly to escalate what is already a tense situation when the problem can perhaps be understood and diffused quietly -- with words, rather than swords.

Garmok -- you have to pick your battles. You have to understand what you're fighting over. If Lifestorm is a family, than the tabards, the belt flags -- all of it is merely trappings on a feeling -- something that cannot and will not be asked to be turned over. Lifestorm is related by love. The effects of that love and familial bond are what are important. Not the symbols. Not the lights. The FAMILY is the light -- not the other way around. Nothing more, nothing less. If you need those things to feel like you belong -- then maybe you don't really belong. (Bart, you should think on this as well, I think.) These are things. Mere things. Possessions. The truth is you don't need them. Singular or as a whole -- it's still a family. Horatio can't disband that.

And that brings about my next statement:

First Regent Master Horatio: We've only spoken once or twice, and I admit these were usually under times of great political pressure for you. I am no diplomat, but I would like to know your mind on these edicts -- not on the edicts themselves, for your words were quite clear on what you want in and of itself -- but as to why they have come about. I would love to either trade pigeons with you on the subject, or -- more preferably -- meet with you personally to discuss your reasoning, so that I may take your words and your mind to those who feel slighted somehow (as I've a windowsill cluttered currently with pigeons to that end as I dream these very words) and ease them somewhat. I do not think it is your intention to be so brusque, and I would like the people of Wayside (and its myriad of visitors) to understand your rule and its reasons, as you have always been a just and reasonable man in my experience. It is of course within your power to do as you see fit, and I am not questioning this. I would merely like to suss out your motivations, and understand them as you do. I am not looking to debate with you, you are noble, your word is law. It is merely in my nature as both a healer and a woman to want to soothe and make peace with those whose feathers are ruffled. I am kindly and respectfully entreating you to let me do so. For our own sake, rather than yours. I know well and true that you will stand by your decree.

Please let me know your mind as to whether you would like to meet in person, or merely exchange pigeons. I know you are a busy man, and would see the route that causes you the least amount of trouble.

As a final note: I would entreat and plead with all members and visitors to Wayside to not do anything abominably rash during this time. To be quiet and patient and let the cards fall where they may. This is a dark time, but it will not always be so. Let us not extend the length of the storm by adding lightning and hellfire -- the light will come back about. It always shines through. Night does not last forever. Be smart. Be polite.

Remember your place, and know that the sun awaits on the horizon.

Elysia said:
I am afraid that I agree -- you cannot attack Master Renly or his men for doing as they are told. They have jobs to do and families to feed just like anyone else.

The tabards aren't important, Bart. They're a small thing. Please, don't do anything rash.

It seems silly to escalate what is already a tense situation when the problem can perhaps be understood and diffused quietly -- with words, rather than swords.

Garmok -- you have to pick your battles. You have to understand what you're fighting over. If Lifestorm is a family, than the tabards, the belt flags -- all of it is merely trappings on a feeling -- something that cannot and will not be asked to be turned over. Lifestorm is related by love. The effects of that love and familial bond are what are important. Not the symbols. Not the lights. The FAMILY is the light -- not the other way around. Nothing more, nothing less. If you need those things to feel like you belong -- then maybe you don't really belong. (Bart, you should think on this as well, I think.) These are things. Mere things. Possessions. The truth is you don't need them. Singular or as a whole -- it's still a family. Horatio can't disband that.

And that brings about my next statement:

First Regent Master Horatio: We've only spoken once or twice, and I admit these were usually under times of great political pressure for you. I am no diplomat, but I would like to know your mind on these edicts -- not on the edicts themselves, for your words were quite clear on what you want in and of itself -- but as to why they have come about. I would love to either trade pigeons with you on the subject, or -- more preferably -- meet with you personally to discuss your reasoning, so that I may take your words and your mind to those who feel slighted somehow (as I've a windowsill cluttered currently with pigeons to that end as I dream these very words) and ease them somewhat. I do not think it is your intention to be so brusque, and I would like the people of Wayside (and its myriad of visitors) to understand your rule and its reasons, as you have always been a just and reasonable man in my experience. It is of course within your power to do as you see fit, and I am not questioning this. I would merely like to suss out your motivations, and understand them as you do. I am not looking to debate with you, you are noble, your word is law. It is merely in my nature as both a healer and a woman to want to soothe and make peace with those whose feathers are ruffled. I am kindly and respectfully entreating you to let me do so. For our own sake, rather than yours. I know well and true that you will stand by your decree.

Please let me know your mind as to whether you would like to meet in person, or merely exchange pigeons. I know you are a busy man, and would see the route that causes you the least amount of trouble.

As a final note: I would entreat and plead with all members and visitors to Wayside to not do anything abominably rash during this time. To be quiet and patient and let the cards fall where they may. This is a dark time, but it will not always be so. Let us not extend the length of the storm by adding lightning and hellfire -- the light will come back about. It always shines through. Night does not last forever. Be smart. Be polite.

Remember your place, and know that the sun awaits on the horizon.

Elysia,

I will do nothing rash. I will not raise arms against those oppressing me. However, I will not hesitate to defend myself. I will continue to defend the people of Wayside and do everything within my power to ensure they prosper.

I do wonder, though - with the idea of guilds being illegal, is the Gypsy Free Wayside group illegal too?

Garmok

What caused this "Magisterial Edict"?

Durk

Lifestorm,

Stan Down, hand in yar belt flags and tabars.... weare naw longer wanted here. a'll hav one of ush turn in all da plant assets we hav witin wayside to a magistrate.

Ah will not return til tish mater is shetled and ah would have, as a friend, yar silence on these matters and full cooperation wit da legal magistrates of these lands.

Bart,

Though ah apreciate yar will to fight for mah honor, in this case, its best ya not. You and I know da score... pleaze apolagize fur stirring up trouble

Garmok,

mind yar words and yar treats...magistrates are warry of a high orc who threatens... ya will submit ta law... and we all know what will happen if yar attacked... clearly... ya would never attack a lawfully acting magistrate... clearly. I know yar smarted dan ta stir trouble up and ya shald act like it... act complacent dont make them hammer ya like da nail dat stick out of da plank.

We are more than 1 land,

Jehan Wyldweaver

Simple matter then, I wont come back to these lands till the madness is gone. Still, kinda interesting that the first time an adventuring group starts to get organized in these lands it become illegal. Maybe these people dont need us, I will follow Jehans lead on this, and I leave in peace.

Bart

AllianceCHI said:
Lifestorm,

Stan Down, hand in yar belt flags and tabars.... weare naw longer wanted here. a'll hav one of ush turn in all da plant assets we hav witin wayside to a magistrate.

Ah will not return til tish mater is shetled and ah would have, as a friend, yar silence on these matters and full cooperation wit da legal magistrates of these lands.

Bart,

Though ah apreciate yar will to fight for mah honor, in this case, its best ya not. You and I know da score... pleaze apolagize fur stirring up trouble

Garmok,

mind yar words and yar treats...magistrates are warry of a high orc who threatens... ya will submit ta law... and we all know what will happen if yar attacked... clearly... ya would never attack a lawfully acting magistrate... clearly. I know yar smarted dan ta stir trouble up and ya shald act like it... act complacent dont make them hammer ya like da nail dat stick out of da plank.

We are more than 1 land,

Jehan Wyldweaver

Yes Jehan. I will submit to the law. I'd never attack a lawfully acting magistrate - that's foolish.

Garmok

Wow Jehan, you guys must have really pissed someone off to make this happen. The Order has had to put up with a lot of crap in our time, but no one had the stones to try and pull this off.

Best of luck,

Casan Moreaux
Order of the Emerald Flame

I do not understand any of these politics really. I do know, however, that Life Storm is caring and took me in when I found no one else. I thank them for this time and time over by aiding them and I will continue to do so if necessary. Bart and all of Life Storm, please be safe until the fog of the situation clears.

Cerria

It seems that a lot has happened as I traveled back to Albor. As a brother in cause I am sorry for your situation, however I do think that it is best to abide by the edicts laid out here. If any member of LifeStorm, which is no longer recognized in these lands, is in need of my help to get you back on your feet, simply ask. The Order will do as it has, protect the innocent from that which they cannot defend against.

Magistrates of Arbor, I will do my best to comply with these edicts. It is in my nature to assist my fellow adventurer, if there ever a question of my motives or the motives of the members of the Order of the Earthen Fist please simply speak with me so that I am clear them up. I am saddened to see a fellow Order be shunned from a land, especially one that I have worked with to protect innocent lives of many citizens.

Bart, Jehan,
You have my condolences, and my respect. Contact me if you ever find the need, I will be in Albor for at least a while longer before heading to Wayside once again. Perhaps it would be best if we spoke before I returned there.

May you find warmth from Winter's sweet embrace,
Kevar Byrne, Standard Bearer to the Order of the Earthen Fist.

Back