make up help?

There are a few different types of make-up you can use. The two I think most people use for larping are cream make-up and cake make-up. I'm a big fan of cake make-up, personally - most cream stuff I've used tends to flake off after a while. Look for either Mehron or Ben Nye. It also helps a lot if you use barrier spray - it adds a layer between your face and the make-up, making it easier to remove later, and it can also serve as a sealing layer after you're done applying the make-up. You probably won't see it at most costume shops, but some Hot Topic stores (for whatever reason) carry Mehron barrier spray.

now I personally am not good at finding this kind of stuff (I am a man and my wife doesn't wear much make up cuz she doesn't need it :p) would the cream make up or cake make up be at a place like walmart or should I look somewhere else?

I've never seen decent costume makeup anywhere other than a costume shop, but I'm not an expert. You have a very, very narrow window of opportunity here - while the Halloween stores are still open, go check out their make-up sections! Keep in mind most of the stuff there is meant for a couple hours one night out of the year and go with one of the brands I mentioned before. If you can't find anything in person, you can always order it online.

Ben Nye and Mehron make-up -- which are the stuff most of our games here use, whether it's PC or NPC -- is pretty much what you want to stick with, yes. It's not make-up like you might think of a person wearing every day, but theater-grade, durable stuff.

Some larger halloween stores will likely carry a small collection of either brand right now; you can ask them for it, and they should know what you're talking about. If you have any theater/costume stores in your area, that's your safest bet for obtaining things locally.

What's easiest, however, is purchasing either online:

http://www.mehron.com/
http://www.bennye.com/

My best advice is to find a local theater/costume shop, most will let you sample the different colors of makeup to find the right shade/color combination you're looking for. As far as brands, I'll just repeat what everyone else has said, Ben Nye and Mehron. I have Ben Nye grease paints that I use for my Kin and a Mehron cake palette that I keep in my gear in Monster Camp (Because the cake comes off much easier, so when you do quick makeup/costume changes, that's a good thing).
Most good costume/theater stores will carry a wide variety of makeup, barrier spray/sealants, spirit gum/liquid latex (for ears and prosthetic).

GJ and I use Ben Nye MagiCake Aqua Paints. I prefer not to use grease or oil based paints because they wreck my skin. I also use Ben Nye Lumiere Grand Color for my Tenacity make up because it is shiny. I usually only have to reapply once per weekend if I don't use barrier spray. You've met us up in Traverse so I figured I would let you know what we use since you have seen our make up over the course of a weekend!

We buy ours at http://www.fantasyattic.comsince it is in our area. It looks like their online ordering isn't working right now. You can always give them a call though!

Back