Makeup - In General

Pantzike

Scout
At the Winter feast I was asked by a new player (who was crazy and decided to play a Dark Elf as his first character at a faire day feast) about makeup. I, sadly, have forgotten his name.

Regardless, he was wondering where I get my makeup, so I figured I'd post it here.

I tend to buy in bulk, and the last time I had to buy makeup was actually Oct 2007. The site I used at that time was http://www.StageSupply.com. At the time their prices seemed to be "standard". The customer service the site offered was great. When they made a mistake on an order I made in spring of that same year, they refunded the whole amount and were quick and courteous about it. The larger order I made in the fall went fine.

I'm sure there are plenty of internet makeup sites out there that can be reccomended (and please do so), that's just the last one I used.

Regarding what I use for my makeup: I use Mehron liquid black and Mehron hair white.

-Craig Fiske aka Pantzike

his oog name is sean chase. a friend of mine.

Pantzike said:
At the Winter feast I was asked by a new player (who was crazy and decided to play a Dark Elf as his first character at a faire day feast) about makeup. I, sadly, have forgotten his name.

-Craig Fiske aka Pantzike

Okay, and what you really mean... is that HE WAS AWESOME! :D Dark Elf ftw...

-David Tengdin aka Eldarion(Dark Elf)

I'd say "no, that's just you joe" but then there's the issue of Morai really isn't shaddy. He makes it pretty obvious where everyone stands.

Jezebel said:
I'd say "no, that's just you joe" but then there's the issue of Morai really isn't shaddy. He makes it pretty obvious where everyone stands.

Seconded.

I may or may not be shady, but I like the shade. :D

Dreamingfurther said:
I may or may not be shady, but I like the shade. :D

Shade is nice, but you should come live in the Desert for while. hehehe

one gathering at an oasis (Nation event) is enough for me... thanks! :D

Jezebel said:
*sigh*, I guess I'll just have to make you better too.

Jen, ritually improving DE's one at a time

sweet! I get to be ritually improved! :D

For reals though, the cold I'm cool with. I just wish I had known and had not been still wearing my lightest possible dark elf stuff still...

Thanks, Pantzike, for the makeup advice. Though being a dark elf IS totally awesome, the makeup is said to be intensive.

So, does anyone else have any suggestions for makeup?

Surion Maedhros said:
So, does anyone else have any suggestions for makeup?

Indeed. Ben Nye black Magicake (also called Aquacake some places) as a base with Ben Nye charcoal powder over it, with some set spray to finish. You could probably also use the Mehron Starblend cakes, since they're essentially the same as the BN Magicake, but I have more experience with the latter. Cake goes on wet, charcoal powder goes on slightly damp. Makes for total coverage with no blotching that's quite difficult to sweat off. Add a white wig (I recommend wigs over hair-white but whatever floats your boat) et voila.

I've always ordered from stagemakeuponline.com, but you need to order at least $20 worth of stuff or they'll add weird charges. They're apparently having a sale right now.

Ben Nye Magicake:
http://www.stagemakeuponline.com/02-LA/ ... aints.html

Ben Nye Charcoal powder:
http://www.stagemakeuponline.com/02-CM/ ... owder.html

Flyaway Bird said:
Indeed. Ben Nye black Magicake (also called Aquacake some places) as a base with Ben Nye charcoal powder over it, with some set spray to finish. You could probably also use the Mehron Starblend cakes, since they're essentially the same as the BN Magicake, but I have more experience with the latter.

I'm actually only posting this because I like to pick on Samara.

If you have more experience with Ben Nye, which is implied as you provided more details, then you have more experience with the former. The latter would be the option listed second, of the two choices.

..totally a slow work day.

In that particular sentence, the Ben Nye was listed second, so I figured "latter" was the one to use. However I believe you are correct, since BN was brought up earlier in the statement as a whole.

I understand your desire to pick on me, but really, let's be honest. No matter how hard you try, you'll never escape Sashi. ;)

I use mehron starblend black cake makeup for my face and neck. I wet the sponge, not the makeup itself, tends to go on fairly well. Black lipstick for my lips, black liquid latex to hold my ears on (in stead of spirit gum) and a tiny bottle of hair white for my eyebrows and goatee. For my hair I use a 30" white wig, with a couple hair clips to hold it down, and then I put a bandana over it because it hold it on a whole lot better. My ears are just standard elf ears painted with black acrylic paint.

I've actually been playing around with liquid latex the past couple weeks to make gloves, masks, and stuff like that with it. I'll be field testing liquid latex for my face and hands next week in Ohio, so I'll let everyone know how it holds up.

Incidentally I came up with some fantastic gloves the end of last year. I got silk formal wear black gloves and sewed black tights with the toes cut off onto them. Make full arm length gloves that stayed up pretty much to my arm pits and I could just wear a T-shirt with. Supper comfortable. And in fact even a bit cold the end of the summer.

I do hair white. If you have shorter hair its really not bad at all although it makes your hair hard, like having all thoroughly sprayed with hairspray. mehron has some nice hair white. I just sponge and comb it in, although other people have worked out more elaborate processes I'm sure.

Here is the site I have ordered from. Its great and has a lot of stuff, although you can get makeup sponges a lot cheaper locally. http://www.mooncostumes.com/item/6557

Back