Map and Lore

Valdyr

So this is a little bit of a newbie question. I was interested in making my character come from the Wastelands or Wyvern's Watch because they are to the north (cold climates?) and outside of our map. He is a barbarian and I wanted the concept of his people being from a frozen wasteland farther north than most travelers have ever gone, but just inside the "known world". As far as the overall national game geography, is it correct that the Denver group covers the Acarthia map and other chapters have their own maps outside of Acarthia but adjoining to it? For example, does one of our northern neighbors have Wyvern's Watch as part of their explored territory or is it kind of outside the map for everybody?
I was also wondering if there was lore covering areas like Wyvern's Watch and other areas outside the map or if it was open to make submissions about. Is there lore predating year zero in our local rulebook?

Thanks, and if this is more of a PM question or in the wrong area let me know. I tried to do my research on it :p

To answer some of your questions.... no there is not another chapter on our map. That is the semi-known world as human civilization sees it. Our chapter has its own continent to explore! And then some if we want. Don't think so linearly as to the map of the real world. Each chapter has a lot of leeway for exploring/creating their rather large playing area.

Wyvern's watch is off limits to "most" players. Without giving away too much, as a Barbarian, no you may not come from there. However, the Wastelands are an option if you wish to develop a story in that area. Keep in mind that the Barbarians in our game are from Yalinth and Yalinth Hills, but feel free to develop a small population/culture that left long ago to explore the wastes to the NW.

Let me know if that helps!

Jesse

Oh... and there is lore pre-year ZERO, but for that, you'll have to FOIG.

Jesse

Valdyr,
The wastelands north of Yalinth hills is where you'd want to be from. Yalinth is a nomadic area, so besides the other barbarian tribes, even Yalinth proper feels a bit "deserted" to outsiders.

David "Craig"
Denver Plot (Wrote Barbarian race packet)

Thank you, that answers all my questions. I do like the idea of not knowing much OOG that I have to figure out IG. I'm just not used to it :p
So if I know I want to play a barbarian, would I submit all my character info and backstory before I get the local race packet, or just submit a very basic idea for the character I want to play, then get the race packet before I write my backstory?

Hold off on submitting too much until you've read it. Or if you know you would rather just go ahead and work on the Wastelands idea, feel free to do that as well.

I am still waiting for the final drafts to edit before people get their finished race packets.... tick tick tick people. lol

Jesse

You may hear people refer to "The Mysts" in-game. These are a strange phenomenon that is used in-game to explain how characters can quickly go from one place to another and how there can be such different places around the world that aren't really connected. The entire "planet" is called Fortannis. At some point, Fortannis was all one world: one planet where a person could circumnavigate it if they took the time to do so. Then something happened to break Fortannis apart...the pieces didn't go far, but they were forever changed.

I like to think of it like a gigantic version of Jupiter where The Mysts are the gaseous material that makes up the majority of the "planet", now. Each chapter has its own, unique landscape that is not directly connected to any other chapters. It's almost like you have continent-sized pieces of the world floating around in the gaseous parts of The Mysts. This allows the different chapter staffs a lot of leeway to tell a unique story about their local area without having to worry too much about how it will affect any neighboring chapters. The Mysts keep these continental pieces from crashing into each other...and they also magically transport folks between the floating bits (sometimes "against your will"). There is a lot of speculation about what lies within The Mysts, but there is nothing canon explaining them in detail.

-Luke G.

Out of curiousity, is there a racial packet for new acarthia for biata yet? I have already perused the general race packet for the biata, but since I know I may be the first, I'm not sure whether there is one for this chapter yet. I've taken some major liberties with creating side characters for my backstory(still editing), but I'm willing to change stuff if need be.

(Edit: I know now that I submit my character first...I know Jesse told me the email to submit my character to...but I didn't write it down. Can someone assist? I'm not finding it obviously on the forum, but I feel kind of oblivious today.)

(Double Edit: I am assuming my BP build goes to logistics, and then I can talk with plot for the backstory and racial packet stuff.)

Back