March 14 - Mod Day!

meirya

Artisan
We've got one of the one-days pretty well finalized - March 14th will be the mod day, set in the high ogre lands of Garthok.

It's at Twisted Pine (same place we had January faire day last year), so we're going to be running it as a series of modules in shifts rather than as a faire day due to space constraints. We barely fit everyone last year; this year our game is much larger. The modules will all be different, so everyone will experience and influence different pieces of the story!

We're still figuring out exact details but we'll keep you updated. Jesse will announce more on this event later this month, including some potential IG reasons for why PCs might decide to go to Garthok.

There is also going to be a one-day roleplay event in February. Once we have finalized the exact date, we'll let you all know.

Thank you all so much for your patience with the scheduling challenges, and I promise we'll do better next year.

Last edited:
I'm unfamiliar with how these kinds of things work. I've been reading the FB post, and I take it there's essentially a single mod (or a group of different mods) teams are run through, with a potential RP staging area. That said, is it safe to assume you'd pretty much only come to one of these if you had a mod team to go on the mod with?

His Excellency, Baron Eldred Morningtide, in his capacity as Her Grace's Ambassador, has officially requested that adventurers aid him in his endeavor to travel to Garthok and there seek the aid of the noble race of High Ogres. It is his wish to inform the various tribes of their ancient agreement to be stewards of the land and defend against necromancy as their ancestors have promised to do. It is his hope that with their aid, we can crush the threats of necromancy that face us and help free the forests of any corruption. With their lands far to the north, we are hoping that some of the tribes can be convinced to travel southward to aid us in the coming year. At this time, small adventuring teams are requested to answer the summons and head to Garthok with Baron Morningtide.

(OOG- Adventuring teams will be no more than 6-8 people max. We are going to offer the following "slots"-
Slot 1- 10am to noon,
Slot 2- 12-2,
Lunch for NPCs - 2-2:30,
Slot 3- 2:30-4:30
Slot 4- 4:30-6:30
Slot 5- 6:30-8:30
The price for the module is $20 and DOES NOT include food. NPCs are always free to play and I will be providing sandwiches. PCs- Please eat before you arrive. Feel free to form your teams on your own and then register with me via emailAllianceDen@gmail.com to let me know which slot you are taking. First come, first serve. I.e.- pay to play and then send the email requesting your team's slot. I will post to the forums and FB page which groups are signed up for which spots. By the different nature of this event, ALL players MUST pre-reg for this event. Failure to pre-reg means we will not have your character card/player info available at the door and you will be turned away. :-( Can't get on a team? New Player? No problem! We need NPCs! NPC the full day and you will receive the same XP as if you had played, 60 GS, and a pick from a mysterious grab bag o goodies! Please arrive at least 45 min early so you have time to get into costume, at your car, and grab tags and do logistics. Logistics will be in the kitchen so you don't disturb the group going through the module. If you are a makeup race and need the sink, please white headband it, and go quietly into the restroom. Once your module is over, you may feel free to linger to finish RPing with your group. Do not expect anything from plot or NPC camp though. This is not a Faire day. This is a module day. Some of the intros to the modules might be similar, so please do not interact with any "hooks" or encounters when your group is finished. If you have any questions, please email me at AllianceDen@gmail.com
Thx!
Hope to see you all there!
-Jesse

Quickie question, and I can email ya too - but I imagine everyone will prolly want to know this: What if theres more than 5 mod teams? I know Tiatar and friends can pilot at least 2 in the 6-8 person range, and probably 3 if everyone is interested.

Quickie question, and I can email ya too - but I imagine everyone will prolly want to know this: What if theres more than 5 mod teams? I know Tiatar and friends can pilot at least 2 in the 6-8 person range, and probably 3 if everyone is interested.
I second this question, given that there's already 5 groups in town now that could field people for this, just with baronies and Scions each fielding one group, and that doesn't account for unaligned people.

I would also encourage people who are without a group, but want to PC the module day, to post here on the forums or on the Facebook group to try and get a group together. We've got enough people that it should be doable, just involves a little coordination and cat-herding.

Is there a way I should pay for a Mod day? I wanted to snag a slot, but there isn't a $20 option presently on the website?

As for the Paypal button, Zack aka Sorin, is my web guy and I believe he is out of state atm... he will add the button upon his return. However, I have noticed that some of you just went straight to paypal and paid the Owner@alliancedenver.com address that it goes to anyway. So with that said, until the button is added, feel free to pay that address on paypal if you are worried about not getting a slot. I am gong to start a new thread with slots and paid peeps. In addition, for those who have paid, only the scions have told me what slot they want so far...

To answer your other questions.... IF we have overflow of people interested and too many unaligned people who can't form some type of team, we will open up another slot to run Concurrently at a 1pm-3pm window... but ONLY if the other slots are already filled up.

If you can not make it to PC OR NPC, and just want to use goblin stamps to get the mod xp, I believe it will cost you 30 GS to do so.

For the Pre-Registration - that usually includes a build update, however, with the February event still unclear, how should we handle that?

The mod day payment button has been posted all, sorry about the Delay.

So I'm unfamiliar with what things can and cannot be done at a Mod Day.

1 day of Production?
XP calculated as single day?
1 Teacher Card?

Just want to have clarity as a player before I go setting my expectations incorrectly.

Thanks,

So my understanding is 1 day of production, xp as a one day event and 1 teacher card. Plus you can spend 100 GS on production like normal.

If I have one rank in teacher, I get to use one teacher card and teach someone one skill (where normally on a normal 2 day event, I get a new teacher card at reset on Sat). Is that correct Jesse?

Back