March 523 Rumors

Gandian Ravenscroft

Knight
Chicago Staff
Marshal
“Did you hear about that alchemist’s workshop that just… walked away?”

-

“There’s been a lot of storms along the Cinem coast lately. You don’t think this is caused by The Tempest, do you?”

“Like, The Tempest as in the Court Wizard, or The Tempest as in that big storm once you go far enough out to sea?

“Either? Both?”

-

“Count Tanno has secured a foothold on the outskirts of Noxfell! Finally, we’re making real progress towards getting to the heart of the undead!”

-

“Wade is back home again.”

“Wasn’t he all excited to go underground on that floating island?”

“Yeah, taking a slight break. Says they were hoping those mercenaries would clean up a mess for them before they got back.”

“Did the mercenaries blow it up?”

-

“Winter’s Rest seems to have gotten a nice upgrade. Between those Adventures of Atupal and Lady Bancroft, I’m sure the town can withstand anything…this time, anyway.”

-

“Hey, are you going to that ‘April Showers Rally’ thing in a few weeks? I hear they’re giving away free drinks all night, and all you have to do is listen to their pitch about some special club or whatever. I think I’ll bring the whole family!”

-

“We don’t talk about the pit.”

-

“How is Sevara still Duchess? No, I won’t keep my voice down! How can she get away with what she did to her people and still stay in power? I had hoped that once King Alphonse was gone, she wouldn’t have as much protection from the Crown and the new Queen would finally kick her out, but the Duchess’ position seems to be just as secure as ever! What gives?”

-

“Gryphons don’t exist. Anyone that tells you otherwise is just spreading fantasy nonsense. Anyway, get your armor on, we got our dragon hunting license approved.”

-

“Heard poachers are making nests up the mountain cliffs in Southern Skain. Those mountain turtles are coming out of hibernation, I guess. Trying to catch them before they fall off the mountains and start tunneling back up.”

“I thought the poachers were trying to catch Amur Leopards? Preserved Amur Eyes can be sold for a month's pay!”

“Nah, those died off years ago.”

-

“Sailors say that sometimes at night at sea, you can see a glowing woman walking across the ocean’s surface! She’s so bright, it’s like a beacon, but she’s always so far away...”

-

“I heard they want to put the trolls to work in Passwall fighting off undead.”

“Makes more sense than having them do other jobs. Trolls suck at pretty much everything that doesn’t involve beating something with a stick.”

“Yeah, but now that you mention it, I should see if I can hire one as a thresher during harvest time.”

-

“Do it for Roy.”

-

“Have you seen Platinum Sentinel Astra lately? They’re a High Orc now!”

“It must be nice making so much gold hunting monsters that you can change your race all the time.”

“Wanna take bets on the next one they’ll be? I’m thinking April Showers bring Dryad flowers.”

-

“I saw an old Biata struggling with a nasty fever out on the road this morning and offered to get him some medical attention, but he said he was on an important mission and didn’t have time to stop. Wherever he’s going, I hope he’s feeling alright. He wasn’t looking too good.”

-

“Martha found one of those Taugs on the edge of her ranch and had the nerve to demand it make her sheep bigger. Next morning, all of her flock was gone, and her entire corral fence was broken to splinters. This is why you don’t mess with Taugs!”

-

“My cousin was chasing a goat past Countess Strotinger’s manor last sunday. Said there was a small, bloody parcel sitting just outside the gate.”

“The Mauve Tigers tried to hide some Clank employees again, huh?”

“Why do they send the ears to the Countess?”

-

“Old Dilbert finally finished that yellow dye he’s been researching.”

“Hasn’t he been working on that for, like, 300 years?”

“Yup, the village is throwing a celebration for his retirement. Heard they’re even gonna have bull racing.”

“Wanna try?”

-

“I hear Court Wizard Agatha’s been having a bear of a time keeping her library organized. It doesn’t matter how many librarians she hires, nothing seems to keep its place on the shelf.”

Back