Market day Training opportunities

Last time I was in Gaden, everyone got around breakfast and helped eachother out with training at request. I would like to see that happen again, in fact, i will even arrange it. Let me know if anyone is interested in participating. Usually before the new market day, we have a small lull in adventuring, and that is when i would like to see us meet and teach each other what we need.

-James the Inconceivable of Harbors Far

James,

I'm glad to see someone else take up this flag. I should be there and will be available to teach folks more skills along the lines of what I can usually be seen doing when we fight as a town. I'm actually looking for teachers to teach me a lot of basic stuff. For example:

Very basic healing spells, I know the basics of triage, bandaging, and basic diagnosis, I am just looking to learn how to throw 1 healing spell as it coul

How to throw a magical disarm and read spellshield scrolls.

I'm also looking to learn from some of the better fighting hands how to disarm someones shield.

Lastly, I'd like to learn how to perform a trickier stealth fighting maneuver that Aenous is the only person Ive ever seen do it. It can only be performed from behind and only with a more refined degree of skill. Ive heard that this skill can be perfected for increased carnage and would most assuredly like to make sure I can perform it 2-3 times a day.

I can of course pay the teacher if they require or pay it forward by teaching a skill either to you or to a friend.

Thanks,

Fern

Fern,

I could teach you the basics of casting Celestial magic without scrolls, if you wish me to. However, I would prefer not to be used as a training dummy this next market day. I'd be a bit vulnerable to violence in the state that'd you'd render me in, and I'm not really in the mood for that.

~ Gandian Ravenscroft
The Possibly Forsaken

Hello All.
I would be available to train as well.
If anyone needs to know anything about healing or one handed edged weapons i would be available to teach.
And as always if anyone needs any help with anything just let me know.
I love to help people.
I can't wait to see you all again.
Crow

For anyone interested,

My name is Brother Eric Marsters. Some from Gaden know who I am. For those I do not, I look forward to meeting you. I am a formalist in the Earthen arts, as well as being moderately skilled in the celestial arts. I do know how to fight with some edged weapons, but someone more skilled than I should teach that. I also can teach triage, as well as the ability to read battle magic scrolls. If anyone needs training over the course of the market days I'm in your lands, I am more than willing to teach. Also, should you wish education sooner, I will be in Briarpass, in Wayside, these next two marketdays, and am more than willing to impart my knowledge unto you. Just send me a pigeon, and we can work out the details. If there are any skilled celestial casters about, I am seeking to finish my training in the celestial arts, and would gladly pay for my education.

Brother Eric Marsters
Brotherhood of the Light

Fern,

Since you were able to spend time teaching me, I would be willing to not only teach you healing if you should choose not to learn from Crow, one of the healers I most look up to, but I am also able to teach the basics of a magical disarm as well, should you wish to learn that as well.

My best regards,
~Aine

I could help teach others to properly identify plants for alchemy, as well as some proper ways to mix things. I also could teach others about the writings of magical scrolls so as to properly use them.

-Arrin Fillrith

I guess i'll jump on the wagon with anyone else saying what they can teach

I can teach the use of polearms, and the way you can strike something more effectively no matter where they face. i can also teach the bare essentials of blacksmithing.

I am looking to be taught how to use bows, thrown daggers, how to disarm someone with a strike, how to effectively parry an attack, how some people focus their power into a single slaying blow, two weapon style, and how to switch between shield and two weapons. also any weapon skill that i have not learned i would appreciate, but that is all too much to be taught in a single market day. this is just for the benefit of when i have to teach the civilians i know what i am teaching.

anyways, thank you all for your replies. i will provide some of our ancestral drinks to all those who attend. our ancestors drank water. Just kidding, it is flavored and... complicated

and for the ceremony of remembrance i will be serving some blood wine in tribute to our brother Lok, may he find the peace he sought.

James,

I would also like to train with you my brother. A lot of what you talk about also is important for me to train and learn. I look to learn more about my bow and short sword and how to use them more effectively in combat.

See you all next market day, I am looking forward to seeing you all again and spending time with you all,

Diig

Diig,

it will be good to see you my brother!

What a novel idea. Perhaps I could participate? A... change of pace... would be nice...? See you all for breakfast.

-Asa
Duelist of Gaden

If anyone will be there who could teach skills of avoiding both spells and just weapon blows, as well as doing large attacks of damage from behind I am looking to learn all of those things.

Treasurer of Forest Edge
- Taloc

Asa!? We thought you had perished in the spider caves! How can you be among the living?

Please send me a letter once you get this in the dreaming telling me of this and giving me further proof that you are well and truly whole.

~Aine

asa, if that is indeed you and you lost a bull's head pin let me know. It was found in the cave and I came to possess it.

-james the inconceivable of harbors far

I would be willing to offer my archery skill, along with how to place blows far more accurately from any direction. If possible, my friends, I wish to learn to read and write... as well as increasing my tracking skill if anyone knows the art.

Roven

I'll certainly be attending this wonderful meeting! I can teach JUGGLING!

Back