Marshal Test

Polare

Count
Good evening,

NERO Seattle will be giving a Marshal's Test at the October event before opening ceremonies. A number of people have asked me about becoming NERO Seattle marshals. If you are interested in taking this step, please try to show up early to the event so you can attend the testing session. If possible, I will try to give another testing session during or after the event for those who can't make it in time, but I cannot guarantee that this will be possible.

Future testing sessions at further events will be advertised well in advance for those who can't make this one.

Note that taking the Marshal's Test is not the sole criteria for becoming a NERO Seattle rules marshal. A person's comportment, maturity, and NERO experience will also be considered.

Should an applicant not pass the Marshal's Test, they will not be able to retest for a certain period. This period is yet to be decided but will probably be on the order of at least 6 months.

The Marshal's Test will include questions on the current rulebook and all addendums as posted on http://www.nerohq.com. It will include questions about the ritual system as listed in the rulebook, but note that separate steps are required to be able to marshal rituals. It will *not* include questions about past local NERO Seattle rules (for example the chapter-specific alternate Vampire Gaze effects that were used for plot purposes and published a couple of years back).

If you have any questions, concerns, or comments about this post, please contact me or post here.

Thanks
-Bryan Gregory
NERO Seattle Head of Rules

When you say early, how early are you talking?

When are you planning to start the test?

What would the absolute latest attendance allowable be?

Is there any cost associated with taking the test?

Should I bring a pencil, or is pen ok?

Will I need a calculator? (I doubt it, but thought I would ask anyway)

Alavatar said:
When you say early, how early are you talking? When are you planning to start the test? What would the absolute latest attendance allowable be?

Not sure. Depends on when people can get there. Preferably before logistics opens, whenever that is, as the magic item audit will be going on then.

There may be two separate testing periods depending on when interested parties are going to be available. Probably, I will have to determine these on site as it is unlikely I will be able to get a firm commitment from everyone who has expressed interest about being there at precisely a certain time.

Is there any cost associated with taking the test?

The stress of taking the MOST IMPORTANT EXAMINATION OF YOUR LIFE. The humiliation of failing before your peers. The self-doubt once depression and alcohol sets in.

Seriously though, no, no cost, and should you prefer, results are kept only between you and me (well, and subsequent Heads of Rules possibly).

Should I bring a pencil, or is pen ok?

I'm easy to please, any writing implement will do.

Will I need a calculator? (I doubt it, but thought I would ask anyway)

If you do, then you're answering the questions wrong :)

-Bryan

For reference, I will have Marshal's Tests at this coming event. I will try to give a testing session at some point during the weekend during a downtime near Logistics, if I can work it out with those running plot :)

Alternatively, if interested parties are available before the event, I can run it then.

Please let me know ahead of time if you plan to take it. Note that there will be both a written test and a performance evaluation.

-Bryan

Back