Marshalls and EMT types!

Aggravain

Squire
Owner
NEPA Staff
Heya folks,
I'm trying to comprise a list of people whom we cna go to or whom want to volunteer for a Marshaling Role at logistics as well as whom our on site EMT's will be for the events. Gobbies will be given as per appropriate but even just knowing who can Marshall rituals, weapons etc would go a long way in making not only the game more cohesive in means of getting things organized but that means we can get into game and play faster so that you can crush more npc's or they can gank a player and take your lunch money. So if you can and you are a Marshall in HQ or are an EMT or certified first aid etc ( you have your card and or stuff) please post it here so I can make a big list! Heck if you want to hang around logistics or volunteer to be the ritual monkey for the weekend let us know too!Thank you a ton in advance. It's my hope but knowing whom to go to and whom wants to use their role to help others we can not spend hours looking for a martial or ensure we have what we need. THANKS!

Kyle --Assistant Head Of Logistics
(***. H.O.L.)

I've been trying to compile this list for some time now. Keep in mind, these folks have to be approved by various means (Armor/Weapon Marshals must take a test administered by another HQ approved Armor/Weapon marshal, A rules Marshal must take a written test given by the Head of Rules (Dan Lineweaver), and a ritual marshal must be approved by the HQ owner/GM who will certify that they know how to handle the crazy things that can happen in a ritual. A full Marshal public list and rewards system is in the works.

This is what i have so far:

Brian Whitham - Armor/Weapon Marshal
Rich DItzler - Armor/Weapon Marshal
Chazz Bender - Armor/Weapon Marshal
Will Kinkaid - Armor/Weapon, Rules Marshal
Brian Bender - Armor/Weapon, Rules, Ritual Marshal
Will Gibbs - Armor/Weapon, Rules, Ritual Marshal
Dan Lineweaver - Armor/Weapon, Rules, Ritual Marshal
MIchelle Stagnitta - Armor/Weapon, Rules, Ritual Marshal
Dennis Berish - Armor/Weapon, Rules, Ritual Marshal
Scott Kondrk - Armor/Weapon/Latex, Rules, RItual Marshal
Todd Navas - Plot Marshal

I am a certified PA EMT. I have many additional certifications but probably the most pertinent for Alliance being International Trauma Life Support (ITLS). Thanks for putting this together guys!

I'm fairly certain Dan is no longer our head of rules. I think the position is TBD.

Scott

Pls let me know what I would need to do to qualify as a ritual marshall.
(thought I was one in HQ)

Thanks

Erica.

anyone who should be on this list and needs confirmation can post here or email ashburygm@gmail.com or alliancelarp@gmail.com because Michelle or Mike V needs to confirm this stuff.

As far as I understand this is how it works currently. We may be rewriting these at some point to more clearly define them:

Armor / Weapon Marshall: This position was originally "Weapon Marshal" but we added "Armor" to it because Logistics needs to have someone with authority do Armor calculations. It only made sense that the Weapon marshals take this responsibility since they are the most abundant Marshals. To Qualify, you must create a weapon and have an existing Armor/Weapon Marshal check it for safety and it must pass. Then that marshal must give you a "hands on" test checking 5 weapons and describe what you are doing while you are doing it. You must also be able to demonstrate that you understand the Armor Point calculation system and do calculations in front of another marshal to verify you know your stuff.

Rules Marshal: Existing Armor / Weapon Marshals can choose to take the written Rules Marshal test to achieve this status. Rules Marshals help to adjudicate rules issues on the field and help with rules questions throughout the game.

Ritual Marshal: Existing Rules Marshals can contact the GM/owners of the chapter to become a Ritual Marshal. This position requires that the marshal understand the complexities of the ritual system and how they impact the game and the chapter.

Plot Marshal: special potion given to Plot personnel who can adjudicate plot issues. Must be adept at being an encounter head / wave battle head / etc.

AllianceNJ said:
Pls let me know what I would need to do to qualify as a ritual marshall.
(thought I was one in HQ)

Thanks

Erica.

Erica, you might be, I honestly don't know. No one before me kept a list, so my staff is trying to compile one now for future reference.

I know that I'm not qualified for Marshalling, but I did recently complete a First Aid/CPR training, so I can offer those services when necessary. I have not received my official certification cards yet, however, so if that is a problem, please lemme know!

I'm CPR certified and first aid as well, plus a certified Emergency Medical Dispatcher (I give emergency pre-arrival instructions to 9-1-1 callers while EMS is in enroute to them).

Erica is indeed a ritual marshal. Joe is a weapon marshal.

If there are any players out there interested in becoming a marshal please email me (ashburygm AT gmail DOT com) or see me at an event.

For those seeking to become a rules marshal there are two things we look for:

1. Rules knowledge (duh). You must pass both a written exam and a Q/A discussion of some what-if scenarios.

2. Be an honest, upstanding player with a good sense of fair play and spirit of the rules.

So what does #2 mean exactly? Well for one, if you've ever been caught cheating, don't bother applying. For two, we are looking for fair, objective people with the good of the game at heart. Marshals are there to clarify misunderstandings, correct mistakes and mediate disputes. All of this is supposed to help maintain a certain level of order to keep the game fun for everybody. I don't care if you can recite the rulebook verbatim - if you're a rules-gnoming individual who would rather argue rules than uphold them, that's not the kind of marshal we need.

Back