Mattress Kickstarter Coming

Khorwyn Brey

Artisan
Ladies and Gentlemen!

Ever feel like your bunk could be more comfortable while sleeping (with one eye open of course) during our events? Well good news, because due to a joint effort between Alliance HQ and Legacy, we will be initiating a Kickstarter with the intent to outfit every one of our bunks with a nice new camping mattress! There will be rewards for those who donate, and greater coziness for all when we reach our goal. Check back here for more details, coming soon! :thumbsup:

Alliance HQ Players!

Our kickstarter project for bunk mattresses (and more!) goes live tomorrow at this address! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/324 ... n=9ad1a1c6 :noway:

Please help us out with this great opportunity to make the Faire Play site's bunks more comfortable for everyone, plus begin funding more projects that add to the site's overall decor and functionality! And if that's not enough incentive to make your pledge, check out the great rewards you can earn! We're guaranteeing you 50 Goblin Stamps per $5 you donate, and a Magic Item Pick for every $50! Legacy is partnering with us to make our home site an increasingly comfortable and captivating LARP experience. Don't miss your chance to contribute to this wonderful endeavor! Thanks! :D

I'm tossing the link out to my friends that have been or might be at camp at some point. I figure every geek can toss 5 dollars or more at this thing on the off chance they visit from time to time.

Thanks to everyone who got this together.

Are the items offered LCO or restricted? And these are goblin stamps not dragon stamps, right?

Are these magic items or magic item picks?

Any chance of having this rule weakened for these donations?

Picks may be carried over to the next event, but once any picks are spent, unused picks are lost.

Or is it possible to (1) make a small donation now, (2) request a magic item immediately using an existing pick and new kickstarter picks (for pickup at the next event I can make, which might not be till June) and then (3) make a larger donation on april 3rd (probably for magic items for a character I plan to start in 2014)?

Sorry if this is an annoying question, but I thought others might be wondering too (maybe whoever is getting 20 picks...).

Thanks,
Patrick

Picks may be carried over to the next event, but once any picks are spent, unused picks are lost.

Is that antiquated, arbitrary policy still in place? I was hoping that someone in charge had realized that a policy that strips away the rewards given to people who have donated time and effort to the game is not a good policy.

-MS

That particular policy is currently being considered for revision/removal. Management and Rules are in the process of reviewing our policies and any changes will be announced before the beginning of the HQ 2013 season. I'm sorry that I don't have more concrete information for you at this time.

Is it possible to use my old pick before the end of the month (so I can donate more than I'm ready to spend)?

If so, who do I contact?

Thanks,
Patrick

After discussion among the Management and Rules staff, we have come to the agreement that the provision "Picks may be carried over to the next event, but once any picks are spent, unused picks are lost" will officially be removed from the Magic Item System Rules. I would update the thread myself, but I don't have access to it. But take this as official notice until that thread is updated. Hopefully this resolves the issue for all concerned. :thumbsup:

- Dave E.

Wait wait wait: I hope you mean "After discussion among the Management and Rules staff, we have come to the agreement that the provision 'Picks may be carried over to the next event, but once any picks are spent, unused picks are lost' will officially be CHANGED from the Magic Item System Rules TO ''Picks may be carried over to the next event' "

[Otherwise we're returning to what it was a year ago when we had to instantly use all picks, which would in turn require a deadline clarification about picks we currently have and for kickstarter picks]

Ack! :whaa: Yes, Patrick, you are correct. Picks may be carried over. Nothing must be spent immediately, and you can distribute them as you like across different items, etc.

Is it possible for one person to make a donation for multiple people and have the rewards split between those people?

Khorwyn Brey said:
Ack! :whaa: Yes, Patrick, you are correct. Picks may be carried over. Nothing must be spent immediately, and you can distribute them as you like across different items, etc.

Forgotten in this month's policy update?

Ok, I'm sure I'm missing it somewhere, but how do these work. If I made the donation - how do I arrange to get the magic items - How do I go about making the requests? :)
Feel free to PM me or just link me to the policy I probably missed :)

Thanks!

Kelly

Back