May 2015 Favorites!

Maybe in June when you see Malthus's 3 other forms, then his cyborg form, then his Golden form you'll feel bad for taunting He-Who-Walks-Between!

You didn't just imply that Malthus was cribbed from an episode of DBZ, did you? ;)

"Golden form" just makes me think of Five Nights at Freddies for some reason. Also, I'm not gonna be there in June, so there!

Thinly-veiled parodies are an Alliance LARP Chicago tradition!

I think we've done a pretty decent job of avoiding that in the last few years. The current plot team mostly just steals names. :p

One time? Ser Selmy? Lannister Tyrion? Igneo Hex (and that entire season)?

Hey, setting aside for the moment the cow tabards, stealing names from stuff is not the same as parody.

Plus, I used the cow tabards twice last year in a non-Diablo-related capacity!

I'm going back to prior plot teams... personalities were borrowed as well...

Can a Mod Split this to a "reminiscent of the old days/screwiest plot ripoffs we ever did?' so we can keep this on the current plot teams work and thanking them for the weekend?

Josh, Rob,

Among many other things...Hitch 42, Iago Pax, Ser Selmy, Brother Cole (heck the entire brotherhood of the light), Demon Cows, The Magma LCO effect (2 pts if you can figure out where I came up with that), Igneo Hex, Queen Big Red, pretty much any Ternian Fae, Terna's name, The Eternal Leaf Crown, Northlunds, Wayside's political system, Sandorian Mountains, etc etc...oh ya and finally, Targus!

All very handily borrowed or inspired concepts, from past books, movies, video games or whatever else, often some names borrowed from favored secondary characters because they sounded cool and people would remember them better. I stand by all of it...It was fun. And if I can't stand by it, it was probably Greenwood's idea...ya ya thats it. :)

There's a good chunk of tropes/concepts now that I recognize the current plot team borrows, and a few names but to me, it all adds to the story/"you had to be there" fun of it.

More favorites from the weekend:

-I got cast as the evil caster lady....I was unsure whether to be flattered or insulted. :p
-Hindsight- What
-NPCs you all rocked it out all weekend...but Nathan...sir...what kind of hat shall I give you cuz taking it off was not enough! Mad props for consistent play in recurring roles like Bobo, but also for taking base standard cards and making them live this weekend!
-Teague scaring the pants off me with double tap 50s saturday night....went way to close to crumbling.
-Playing Jehan all saturday night in with "put on a show for a dragon" In mind! Kyle did a great job as that short role.
-RP with Eric around his sacrifice...and all the smaller bits we do...I enjoy Rob bringing up his game the last few events in terms of PC depth...its cool and challenges me to do more.

That's it again!
Paul

I thought you'd be happy to get cast as the Wizard, she's a total badass! ;) But if you'd prefer I'll make you the Banshee next time.

One more to add: the goblins once again got hired instead of just killed... And when we asked how much Earth you do the PCs actually came back later to give us a report! Bufo is impressed.

The Kow Cing, was a jerk, but fun. My wooden leg came in handy afterall. It was gifted to me after I busted my anKle.

I may submit favorites sometime today. We'll see. Lol

Vicki

For sure meeting my new battle buddies Grimshaw and Beir the cursed, What a couple of hilarious guys. Also fighting the diseased "cougars" in the grass. The Old Man in the Flaming Skull that tried to stab me in the back to teach a new adventurer "Backstab", Convincing goblins that we would give them ponies and boots in turn for their participation in the Goblin Fights. Asking Beir, "Are you in game or out of game right now?" and his reply was priceless. When someone seen half of my nose and was crazy excited for the rest of the event.

What a great time, I brought two new adventurers with me and they both had a Blast. What a great opener!

So its belated but here's my input:

I actually got quite a bit done this event, though nothing of earth shaking significance
I enjoyed/was amused by:

I used almost all my healing for the one day that I was able to attend, healing a Cow.

NPC (miner) hook comes into town, and I jump on it, and go kill quicksilver blobs in the downpour, got some stuff for it which I refused.

Beating on the Marsters for being a dink, during Initiation, cuz its a respected occasion or something.

Assisting Stan the Man with leaving a note for Sam.

Helping Sam's club deal with a Void node.

Training Beir and Thaddeus in Weapons Master for 3 hours.

Negatives?
Two taverns had everything split up, didn't feel like the "town" more like our brothel was set up on the wrong side of the tracks, only saw Jehan when he denigned to come look for more help :).

Only being able to play for one day, made me reluctant to fully commit to what was going on.

Lack of Brotherhood folks showing up to play.

Back