May 27th Long Weekend 3 Day Event Registration Thread: Sliding Shards, Slippery Spiders, Slow Slaps

Kitaruen

Knight
Welcome to the Registration Thread for May 27th Full Weekend Event: Sliding Shards, Slippery Spiders, Slow Slaps

The event for PCs will cost $125 and NPCs $35; however anyone who preregisters will gain a $15 discount! Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner on Saturday and Sunday are included with your event fee. There will be a light snack available Friday Night as well!

The site opens 6PM on Friday May 27th, Logistics AND a soft lay on will begin at 8PM with PC talk and the hard lay on around 9-10PM. (Please do not be on site before 6PM if you have not spoken directly with Rob). Second and Third Day Logistics will be 2-3PM. Our goal is to be off site by noon on Monday.

Site is Camp Wokanda, Peoria, IL 61615

Everyone should report to the OA Lodge. This will serve as Tavern, Logistics.

Pre-registration for this event should be completed over on the CMA: https://db.alliancelarp.com/events/634

The deadline for preregistration and prepayment to garner the discount is Sunday May 22nd 11:59PM as logistics will meet on Monday and need to have things updated at that time. You are welcome to continue to register after this point, or pay cash at the door.

Important Notes about this event:

This is a 2.1 Playtest Event! We will allow a race change and spirit forge for this event. But you must bring your own card printed from the Beta CMA if you use either of those options. The majority of changes are focused on crafting however, there are tweaks to many other rules. We will post a summary and do a townhall discord meeting before the event to help make sure you are prepared. It is important to note Deaths that take place will count on card.

Prepayment via PayPal should be sent to: Robertdautovski@yahoo.com please use friends and family or via ETH/BTC/DAI reach out via pm for wallet addresses.

We are requiring a 95% vaccination rate of all attendees at the event, and part of pre-registration will include proof of vaccination. Non-vaccinated players will be capped at 5% of total attendance, and if you are unvaccinated, you may be put on a “waiting list” to attend until more vaccinated players are registered. Get your vaccines, folks! With the expansion of vaccines available to the public and the amount of time before the event, there should be ample opportunity for our players to get their vaccinations in time, with the unvaccinated 5% comprising only those that are truly unable to receive the vaccine for medical reasons (allergies, immunocompromised, etc.).

Lastly, all attendees must have a current Alliance Chicago Membership ($20).

Pre Reged PCs
1. Ezra F (Riqi)
2. Mykal M (Franz)
3. Sam P (Hanako)
4. Anna D (Lorelei)
5. Daphne P (Eve)
6. Kelly L (Kira)
7. Ryan C (Durinn)
8. David E (Heinricht)
9. Zachary H (Aiden)
10. Alexis S (Aura)
11. Emma H (Korē)
12. Nate M (Vaelin)
13. Amanda F (Lydia)
14. Nay S (Adlao)
15. Michael C (Reader)
16. Kai W (Sasha)
17. Dylan L (Drake)
18. Georgia L (Skylark)
19. Sean M (Acalagus)
20. Rowan L (Bada)
21. Caitlyn W (Lenora)
22. Laura S (Aicha)
23. Josh H (Tel'rendiir)
24. Ib A (Rengar)
25. Erika B (Triska)
26. Daniel P (Kylar)
27. Kyle S (Liam)
28. Sarah M (Tuli)
29. John G (Dramthin)
30. Dee E (Roan)
31. Samantha S (Beryl)
32. Joe G (Hildegarn)
33. Elizabeth H (Euthymia)
34. Jules W (Cybo)
35. Kyler Y (Emrich)
36. Jared M (Glenn)
37. Tercero C (Xelver)
38. Jeff S (Erishaya)
39. Andrea R (Gertrude)
40. Keith S (Miso)
41. Matt M (DeSylvia)
42. Emma S (Ilara)
43. JT E (Willem)
44. Jon D (Aramis)
45. Ethan R (Ignathis)
46. Luke D (Marcus)
47. Jon M (Roff)
48. Brian G (Thaddeus)
49. Christopher R (John)
50. Rynn L (Auryn)
51. Ian S (Draco)
51 1/2. Cole D (Tarikk)

Reged PCs
52. Stephanie R (Mila)
53. Metthew E (Garwon)
54. Alana E (Vanya)
55. Alex M (J'rajj)
56. Quinn S (Locke)
57. Luke N (Migs)
58. Jeremy R (Iban)
59. Garret S (Blank)
60. Derek S (Sam)
61. Dani C (Isabo)

Pre Reged NPCs
1. Sid P
2. Claire B
3. Emma A
4. Tabby S
5. Julia S
6. Rob D
7. Alexander T
8. Sol G
9. Matt W
10. Tab M
11. Stephen G
12. Aris G
13. Henry F
14. Emma H
15. Bryan L
16. Jade S
17. Thalia S
18. Zach S
19. India F

Reged NPCs
20. Brody D
21. Steven B
22. Ana N

Last edited by a moderator:
Edited the above like 12 times cause I am in capable of comprehensive reading this morning. A sign of a good event lol.

How will GS for production be run for the event? Will I still be able to spend 50 GS per logistic period for 150 pp? Should I use the chart for 2.0 or 2.1 when determining production point costs for items?

Last edited:
Go ahead and use the chart from 2.1 (1pp equals 5 copper aka 5 gobbies)

And yup spend those gobbies!

Hey there!! I've been trying to get in touch via email with logistics. So I don't miss signing up for this event, I'd appreciate if someone could respond if you have time?
I don't think my donation or session pass from the first event are being credited to my CMA account, so I have no GS to spend & would like to please.
Is there a business account, website, or PayPal.me link we should be using to send money instead of "Robertdautovski@yahoo.com"?
Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

-Dee

You were responded to and credited on the 27th.

Perhaps check your spam, also log into the cma you should see the gobbies.

In the response email we gave you a hyperlink to the registration thread for this event.

excited, anyone who needs any crafting mentorship I'm available for online consultation

For those NPCing:

On behalf of the 2022 Chicago Plot team, we thank you for volunteering your time to help NPC for the 60+ Player Characters in attendance this weekend. NPCs are an important part of Alliance events and they absolutely couldn’t go on without them.

As an NPC you will be given a handful of various roles throughout the event from townsfolk, monsters and maybe even as part of one of our various prop monsters.

Remember to make sure you come prepared with black clothing. A black shirt or black top and black pants will serve as the base of many costuming. You may want to bring extra pairs if you tend to sweat a lot. We will also allow brown or gray for any of the above, but absolutely no Jeans. Make sure your footwear is good enough for running around over the course of 3 days and bring plenty of socks.

We have over 20 NPCs at this event with 5 plot members running mods across the 3 days. Whether you prefer Role Play based roles or want to stick entirely to fighting or want a mix of both, there will be plenty of opportunities to engage the PCs.

A key part of playing an NPC is following the direction of the story runners. Throughout the event we’ll need anywhere from 2 to 12 people for a module and the entire group of NPCs to be on 3 town-wide encounters. If you are unable to engage in combat at any time, please let the plot team know as soon as possible.

There are some things to keep in mind when NPCing during combat-based mods if you’re unfamiliar with Alliance. In Chicago, we refer to combat directions as playing: A game, B game and C game. Regardless of the type, you should not be under a mentality of “In it to win it”, remember we’re here to make the game enjoyable for the PCs (while enjoying it ourselves).

A game: You’re playing the full extent of the card. If intelligent you’re making good decisions and fighting as best you are capable of. You don’t have a “mentality to kill” but it’s pretty close. You’re giving a challenge to PCs and utilizing everything you have.

B game: You’re making good decisions and you’re fighting well also. You might just let someone sneak up on you even if you caught them out of the corner of your eye. You’re certainly not playing your hardest but no push over.

C game: Think not like a “mindless zombie” but an “inexperienced bandit”. You’re not blocking every shot, you’re leaving yourself open and maybe you’re hitting the same location over and over when fighting.

The Chicago Plot Staff wants everyone to have fun, including NPCs. If at any point you aren’t enjoying a role given, or you want something with more stats or challenge, let one of us know.

From the entire plot staff at Alliance Chicago, we look forward to all of us telling a great story, and creating amazing memories!

See you Friday,
Sid, Claire, Emma, Julia, Tabby and Rob

Last edited:
Interesting Fact that was learned today. The CMA is set to UTC and is 5 hours ahead of us. So several of you who are listed as registering past the deadline are in fact on time.

The more you know!

A couple quick clarifications for the playtest. We are allowing up to 3 cards; one per logistics period if you print it from the beta cma. You must check in at that logistics period to have it signed off on by our team. Professions are the only item that can not be changed on these rewrite cards with the exception Sylvanborn may drop half of their professions rounding up to mitigate the change in cost. Lastly ritual scrolls do not travel at this time.

Thanks see you all soon!

Thanks logistics for responding!! You're amazing!

Quick site question!
This is my first time at this site. Is there lodging or should I bring a tent?
Are there showers?
That should be it!

Everyone will be assigned lodging at logistics. I will also post it here tomorrow after finalizing it.

Generally any site we rent will have showers, my understanding is the specific configuration of buildings this event will not give us a set of showers. However, I maybe in correct on that and will update at PC talk.

Everyone will be assigned lodging at logistics. I will also post it here tomorrow after finalizing it.

Generally any site we rent will have showers, my understanding is the specific configuration of buildings this event will not give us a set of showers. However, I maybe in correct on that and will update at PC talk.
Thank you for the response!
As I've never been to your games before this is good to know! Would be kinda nasty for 3 days and no showers though haha!

I'll probably ask these same questions for future events if they're not part of the event details. Then can plan to bring a camp shower if needed!

We do in fact have showers.

Also you will need to haul your sleeping gear with you via a rolling cart or by hand to the cabins.

Hey folks, I know some of you were offered dragon stamps for some help this weekend. If you are owed dragons stamps and haven't gotten them yet, get in contact with me and I'll get them distributed.

Last edited:
Back