May 416 Favorite Moments

These threads will no longer be posted by our super plot team, so they won't contain feedback forms. However, these threads are always fun to post in and read! How was your gather in New Acarthia?

Such an awesome event! Many thanks to the very hard working team behind the things that go bump in the night :)
Favorite moments;
  • The return of the shiny King and his glorious package! Lola's inability to look away and comments were wonderful.
  • Fae mod was just awesome, got to do some very very emotional roleplay!
  • Any and every shenanigan brought on by the "ultimato" that a goblin brought in.
  • Secret meetings galore!
  • Extreme success on the mist lynx mod by capturing not just one, but an entire family of 4.
  • The encampment invasion mod, very fun to be sieging a large building and encampment as if we were NPCs! What a well designed mod which was very fun but still extremely difficult.
  • Visiting the astronomer, always a joy. Next time I will bring intoxicates!
  • Tash! Mystic wood elf dancing during dinner and watching calidan juggle, I didn't know we had so many skilled entertainers!
  • The final goblin mod with returning the bloody fingers tribe to their true glory with the use of the "Ultimato". I'm so sorry Yurg and Egil for bringing you along, I promise it is not contagious.
Really, just a great event overall with many many fun roleplay moments. I'm sure there is more I'm missing, like helping Fynn practice his cloaking and jax his mental resistance. For now though, it is time to sleep.

Izzy's top moments:

• Fae Mod, seeing some amazing roleplay, and just being impressed with Doug's range at portraying
  • NPCing the Kobald mod where I got to have some crazy off the cuff roleplay, and got the squires to return the loot
  • Being a evil necromancer orc
  • Healers guild mods, sorry Liz

Oh my gosh, such a good game!! So many favorites! Let's see...

*Skeld jugging. Like what the -actual- ****, you guys?2
*The fae mod! Oh my gosh, Paxton and Will and all the team, THANK YOU!! What a horrible, devastating situation and what GREAT roleplay. THANK YOU! I must also echo Izzy on Doug's acting chops; holy ****, dude! I got -actual chills when your npc looked that fae dead in the face and told her where to shove her vengeance.
*Talking about needing an elemental essence for the mark-removal ritual - literally two minutes later, the tavern is invaded by dozens of fire elementals. Alis: "My birthday came early!"
*The moment when Osborne changed in Alis' eyes. I don't know yet if it's for the better, but I am so looking forward to finding out.
*Quiche AND pancakes!!!!!!!!!!
*"I don't -want- the muffin!!!"
*Seeing Faren happy again was truly a delight and it made Alis super happy, too.
*The fact that there wasn't snow. I know it seems silly, but considering a million people got sick after DR, it was a major blessing for it to be "only" rain and hail.
*Returning to Sky High Ranch for the first time this year... it felt weirdly like coming home. I really love this game.

Every single encounter that I ran... And hearing all the fun stories of npcs returning back to npc camp. Every story was filled with laughter and smiles.

Oh and Mixl was largely entertaining as was the moral decision in that mod.
Oh and Vexo and the games.

Banter with Anarchy for half an hour to stall for the rest of the town's arrival...
"What's the last good book you read?"
"What do you think of the weather?"
"What were your hobbies before becoming undead?"
"What's...magic? Circle? Why would drawing on the ground keep anyone away? Oh...that's a magic thing. Got it."
"Yes, sir, I am an idiot...can you explain in more detail how you will complete your evil plan?"

It felt so good to get back to game after such a long break. Initial favorite moments:

- Huge props to the plot team for creating some excellent combat encounters and some great fights this weekend. Whether mods or field battles, the fights were difficult, dangerous, but still winnable. Also props to our great NPC's, y'all are getting so much better at combat; we're all in trouble if you keep improving at this rate!

- Thorgrim is the last person to be jealous of a goblin, but Vexo and his ability to intoxicate at will...

- Showing Cynder the ropes and watching her improve and gain more confidence over the course of the weekend. Can't wait to see her in the red and black ;).

- Speaking of the red and black, congratulations to Baron Osborne! It's been rough without a baron for most of last season, and I'm so excited for what's to come for our team. Love you guys.

- Paisley "Raven" Sunset. If you were there you know...

- Had a great time with the fae mods, both NPC'ing for Paxton's mod then accompanying Wolsey and Skeld for their mod late Saturday night. I love difficult moral decisions and the conflict created by them.

- Spiderfynn and messing with Faren.

- Always enjoy sharing dinner with Rivervale/Bayenna. Thanks for the great food and hospitality!

- Dwarven plot lines and continuing to learn more about the dwarven ruins beneath NA.

- NPC'ing as goblins and death chicken soup!

Oh man! So many good moments this game! There were ups and downs, but overall I had a great time! I was excited to run my first few things I'd ever ran.

- That moment when 90% of the NPCs were in the Grey trailer dressed like Fire Elementals. So much great bonding happened that night! lol
- Playing a protective Mist Lynx momma who was protective of her cubs. Katie and Kat were ADORABLE! It was so much fun, and the PCs, while I find them evil for performing science on our poor mist lynx family, I'm glad they didn't kill us.
- Playing a goblin from the Bloody Fingers Tribe, and everything to do with the Ultimato. The dancing was great, and the Shiny Goblins package was sparkly enough to be seen at 2am, lol.
- The RP with Anarchy. Watching Squire Klonoah and Lagarde's reactions to Felstar practically planning a date with Anarchy was hilarious. And Lagarde's 20-minute roleplay with Anarchy while he tried to stall for reinforcements... it was hilarious. "How's the weather?" "What is Magic?" etc. Oh man. If I ever need someone to stall for me, I'm going to Lagarde
- Baron Morningtide's RP with Anarchy. It was deep, and it was very well done.
- The "Passion" that is Ember ;)
- The Order of Entertainers! This was an accidental little NPC I came in with because I wanted to see the Order of Entertainers. And I had so much fun with Gillian, and then later when they taught us bellydancing. Also... SKELD CAN JUGGLE? In general, I just loved all the juggling, poi, dancing, and frivolity.
- On that note, having all the dancers run over and surround Parzival as we danced around him to try and get him to dance?.... that was hilarious!
- Everything around Aneira's plot with Tariq. I was so happy I could be part of that, and some really cool stuff came out of it.
- NPCing an all-female adventuring party who spent all of dinner Saturday night talking about how attractive the adventurers in New Acarthia were. And then, when we were leaving, wishing Baron Morningtide a farewell and flirting with him. We were amused, lol.
- Seeing Katie's happy reaction after playing out our little Bear-kyn for Abtus :)
- Did I mention that I loved the entertainers?

*Getting to see real live baby goats. I was beside myself as many can attest.
*Order of Entertainers is going to be my favorite thing ever. SO EXCITED!!!
*Angel Pillows Sexual Healing Center
*I successfully rezed a spirit! Thanks to Baron Hobliness for helping, Izzy for responding to goats, and Fern for crying with me.
*"They stole our architecture!"
*FredRick's Exotic Meats
*Sick Goblins who learned the power of chicken soup.
*Peat and Gillian chasing after Squires Yurg and Noah
*Liar's Dice!
*Lola's fornicating deer hat

*That feeling you get when you look around the tavern and think "These are my weirdos. I am home."

Things and moments that I loved:
* Lola's "Make-Me-An-Offer (implied 'on my ****')" Table, and certain winter hat merchandise.
* Lost Wylderkin Cubs! The varied backgrounds and stories of how these Wylderkin were orphaned and alone were AWESOME! I mean awesome role play... not that it was awesome they were orphaned and alone...
- Jack, YOU ROCK! You felt very much like a loner/omega wolf. I loved the RP with attempting to bring you into the fold and teach you about how to tend the fire in Deepjugg's Tavern. That really put me into an instinct head space for Radulfr I hadn't explored just yet and that was a lot of fun to play with.
- Gnarr you totally rocked a laid back bear cub looking for food!
* "Snackie Time" Interrogations with Morningtide, I hope I'm never in a position of withholding information from Baron Morningtide. O_O;
* The Licking Wounds session - Those involved know what that was and honestly, I felt like a lot of bonding happened in that time, I'm hoping we can continue to take the bad and make something good from it.
* Never forgetting my non-empowered title (squinty-eyed sideways glance at Baron Egil and Baron Morningtide)
* All events around the Tiki; buying, carrying, losing, finding, presenting, and then song and dance later.
* Hearing about Goblin Boogie Fever/Line Dancing from Sir Egil.
* Magic Storm and learning the things that come with being a stationary turret of celestial magic doom (Aneira, you rock and thank you for the lessons I hope to learn more and improve on that)
* The insanity of mass combat with sooo many options... I think I spent more time thinking "Should I pull an Arrow, a Spell, or find someone to refit." then I should have.
* Impassioned Compassion Conversations with Sir Jared, Squire Kendrick and Baron Morningtide. The deep thought and passion on both sides made for an excellent scene. I really wish I could hide a camera in my mask sometimes.
* Muscling in on Wolfgar's pun territory :p

((For Reference Snackie Time is a trademark phrase by someone else, it is not used with their permission, I just forgot the proper term from my Court and will correct it later.))

Gillian... thank you for reminding me of a moment I had....

I was in the tavern for one of the meals... not sure which... as I had over 13 hours of sleep and can't recover from being over groggy.... But anyway.... I ate a few times OOG, knowing that I had to get back to NPC camp fast and run the next thing...
when at one point I began looking around in between bites of food...
when I noticed...

loud and fun conversations at certain tables,
sneaky convos at others,
and certain teams seated together enjoying each others company...

and I, too, realized, I am home again.

I had a similar moment in NPC camp as many were lounging upstairs telling stories...

Welcome back Alliance Denver! Oh how I've missed your faces.

What an amazing event.
  • So much fun RPing with Ember, Lumi and Gillian on Friday night. Some great discussion on the code of chivalry with Dame Arikaya from the perspective of Mystic Wood Elves.
  • Mixl Mod on Saturday night. I was worried that it wouldn't be challenging with just 3 NPCs but damn, it was a hard fight. Great moral choice and fun RPing with Mixl. Even though Mixl didn't like me mouthing off to him.....Kendrick still likes him quite a bit.
  • Watching the planar gate ritual start in the tavern and knowing it was going to go poorly. Lumi and Jax were sleeping. As soon as I heard "You feel magic all around you" I started counting down, and at about 2:30 I was like, "Lumi, Jax, wake up..things are about to go poorly in here". The fight itself was super difficult with who we still had awake at that time. So much fun.
  • The siege the orc camp mod on Sat. afternoon. I'm glad that Jesse went with what the players wanted to do and set it up for us. So much fun to actually siege our tavern for once.
  • Fae Mod - I just wanted to thank the NPCs that stepped up and helped me out with my fae mod this month. You all went over and beyond with the RPing.
  • A lot of IG soul searching for Kendrick this event. Had a good talk with Darius about his future.
  • Loved all the singed desert/Ishraxuss plot! Those guys need to be ground in the dust. Sorry everyone if I keep kicking the beehive. :)
  • Good talk with Mixl and Alis regarding squirehood. Such a different/interesting perspective on belts.
I'm sure there was more..just sort of head is all fuzzy right now.

Oh, and two more things:
- Lola's "A is for *******" RE: Anarchy. It was a theme, and I loved it! I kept trying not to bust up laughing!
- Any battle David was a part of. They took people running all over the campsite, and some of us would sit on the sidelines after being killed, watching with some metaphorical popcorn.

Easily one of my favorite events, and I was incredibly happy to see everyone again. A huge thank you to plot for squeezing two gathers into one, I'm sure you were swamped but it was absolutely fantastic.
  • The "we totally didn't steal a baby" fae. You three were a delight, and the perfect amount of unnerving.
  • Ember and her PASSION
  • Peat and Percy discussions are always a frustrating enjoyment.
  • Thank you to Mike and Will for giving me an NPC who gave me the urge to wash myself in boiling water afterwards. (and thanks all for the compliments <3)
  • Rivervales not so subtle recruitment techniques.
  • There will never be a day where Lola's ability to make a perfect metaphor/simile won't put me in stitches.
  • Goblin Chaos Boogie. Tim's ability to make me question if I'm actually awake or not is forever astounding.
Really can't possibly go over everything, there honestly wasn't a dull moment for me. Thanks to everyone for being a super community, and good luck to our Lost March campaign!

• Rumor sheets! These are a great tool for [relatively new] characters to start conversation on Friday night beyond discussion of the weather. Got my event off on the right foot. And mine didn't once say to contact the paladins or join a guild, which was delightful to me! :)
  • Telling every single person in New Acarthia that there's a new Sheriff in town, but don't worry, "I'll find out the new bribe structure and I'll let you know." Not a single person called Lola out on this. In fact, many people just said they, too, were interested to know and asked me to follow up with them on that. I amused myself just continuing to deadpan that headline, wondering just where New Acarthia draws the line....
  • Getting to form entirely new, and such different relationships with the same characters that Dame Katherine knows -- even among my Rivervalies. It casts the whole game in an entirely new light
  • Playing a character with apparently zero conversational filter, getting to play the role of court jester, saying whatever springs to mind at any moment whatsoever....
  • "Baron Wally? Which one is that?"
  • Hanging out with Ostara and showing a new healer the ropes in battle -- Ostara did great! You're off to an excellent start!
  • Setting up Lola's one person swapmeet of the Make Me An Offer table -- I am genuinely surprised how much interest that generated! (I sold all items except the grey cavalier hat, btw.)
  • Effecting my really awkward, utterly ungainly curtsy to display proper manners in front of the "fancy people" so they don't cut my head off. Mac's continued hidden smirk and IG thanks for Lola's attempt at noble formality cracked me up every time!
  • Preparing the nomad's curse for the Duchess for Warding Lola out of her cabin on Saturday. I had a good one all set to go -- "Until you do right by me, may you never know a sense of home." I like curses that enhance player fun in roleplay rather than squash it like wearing clown shoes or something unimaginative and embarrassing like that. Let the punishment fit the crime! (The Duchess pulled her bacon out of the fire, and avoided the wrath of the nomad!) Ah well, maybe next time!
  • Leveling up to cast the Destroy Undead spell, and getting TONS of undead at whom to throw my undead-specific pyramid, yahoo!
  • Some endearing private moments with various: Making Egil crack up by telling him I could be a friend to talk to about his burgeoning personal feelings; Noah asking Lola what it's like being from the Death's Isles; sharing breakfast and some nice town guard chitchat with Arteus; "Hey, Nittilit, you need healing? You always need healing." And secret squirrel decoder ring stuff.
  • OOG: Getting to see Osborne past the Cave of Chivalry, and rise to become Baron. SUCH a relief and great moment OOG for me and mine!
Looking forward to the Long March campaign next! Great to be reunited with everyone this past weekend. My floon is high, and I'm happy heading into the rest of the season!

Trace Moriarty

I'm bruised, battered, and quite sore, but what a weekend. Especially for someone completely new to ALL of this. My thanks to everyone on crew, plot, logistics, the whole ten yards, because you guys kick butt. Plus a thanks to my fellow NPC's, because we had a LOT of joy and laughter. And also, thanks to everyone I interacted with this weekend! I really look forward to stepping further into this world and getting to meet more of your characters!

In no particular order:
  • The elemental trailer and all of that shenanigans: what can I say, we were all a little fiery
  • KITTY! (Aka I LOVED being a mist lynx. And may have had too much fun 'pouncing' on the hail.) (And I love my protective parents, Kat and Amber!)
  • Entertainers!!! Because wowza. Gillian and Ember, y'all are awesome! Thanks for putting up with my horribly improvised dancing lol. (But seriously, about that tourney....)
  • Scouting on Friday night with the other orcs. Mostly, the "TURN AROUND" moment that had all four of us spinning.
  • "TASTY! WHERE ARE YOU?!" "...are you looking for food?" "No! Tasty not tasty! Don't eat Tasty!"
  • Building on that last one, Itchy and Scratchy. (Rachel, I'm so glad you and I both ran with that!)
  • Still building on that, getting a waylay off my first time trying to....
  • Big battles! Particularly, the last big one. Because I definitely found my permanent weapon....
  • And on that note, taunting the living that last battle (Sorry, Mac)
  • And the tag-team of David and I that first wave (I still can't tell you how I survived that long)
  • All of the Wylderkin I interacted with as Gnar. And everyone else, too! Because really, it made me feel so utterly heartened to see everyone immediately hop into 'help the lost youngling!' mode. (Was a big difference from 'KILL THE SKELLY/ORC/ELEMENTAL.') (And I do mean EVERYONE I interacted with.)
  • Lola's nap on Saturday in the middle of the field (seriously, I was laughing much too hard over this)
  • Everyone who sang ANYTHING with me at NPC camp. Because yeah, I sing. A lot. And having people join in made me happy ^^ (Well, aside from Amber, who does it anyway <3)
  • Bad orc flirting before the battle on Saturday. (I blame you, Miguel. Completely.)
  • Being welcomed in like I'd always been part of New Acarthia. I had one small rough patch over the weekend, and just the amount of care and love that met that kerfuffle was truly touching. Because y'all are wonderful, and I couldn't be happier that I got dragged in. (Willingly, of course.)
I can't WAIT to make it to the next one, even though I can't make it until July...

--Katie

Last edited:
-Enjoyed the hell outta the RP Fae Mod. It was worth the cold.Well done by the writers, NPCers, and the players. Definite highlight of the event.
-Enjoyed my talks with David's Fae, Dani's Elementalist, and Paladin Jared.
-"I don't want the muffin!"
-Tsk tsk Assassins.
-Saturday afternoon battle was great. I had a lot of fun switching roles repeatedly and throwing my PDs at David.
-Sunday battle was great! Really well fought, put me to work hard.
-Countless good RP with other PCs. I love it when the PCs being IG is super present.

This was my first event and even though I could only stay until Saturday night, I still had a great time.

• Being hit with a Berserk spell in the very beginning of the Orc/Ogre camp battle and laying into my fellow Orcs.
  • Being hit in the back with a sleep gas dart by my allies as we tried to defend the tavern later in that same battle.

Wow, I soo missed larping.
In order.
-Great RPing with Lumi, Gillian, and Kendrick on Friday night. I really just did not fight at all Friday night and I realized that I had soo much fun RPing with different people I did not even miss it. I had alot of fun explain Passion to everyone and how I was really passionate about focusing on being passionate for getting a fire elemental mark :p
-Saturday waking up to late to meet my walking buddy Faren (I would like to point out I was out around 6:30 so not really late Faren was just super early) and wondering around alone in the morning to find mod cards/components then finding out wait what there are monsters who are up at 7 in the morning!? bah.... I am soo happy I was able to role play out of that, that could have ended up really bad. Yeah for roleplaying and bribing!
- Then meeting up with Puck and talking with him was fabulous in my morning walk.
- Of course I found a lot of mod cards and I had to pick the one that said it was sparkly and poor Fynn was the only one who could attack the panther gas. Sucks being the only human. Sorry Fynn.
- So yeah the Panther gas runs off and we followed it, it went to a group of people down in the archery area and we yelled to warn them and we noticed it was Scion, yeah a whole group of humans who can take down our panther gas yeah! And it was just crazy luck, that brought us there, because they were gathered to destroy an artifact and we asked if we should stay and they were like sure can't hurt. Well good thing we did, ohhh my gosh soo many undead came out. We had to call for reinforcements.
- Next healers guild mod and the weather..... Yeah, Thunder Hail and all the jokes we got from it. Ohh and finding out we will play double hook to part of Warcherster. I swear I am not trying to target my husband at all..... And yeah Izzy with the fabulous role play.
- Then healers guild mod and some how turning into cooking the farmer into soup and them calling themselves the Goblin Campbells Tribe when all we wanted is to trade for some yarrow.
- Joining back up with Warchester to help out with a farmer claiming he had his stuff stolen and all I could think about why are we doing this in the hail and rain?! Do we need to get his stuff now? I do not like the rain/hail....
-Finally making it back to my cabin, were I could dry off and eat, yeah!!! And then having Wolsey come in and say we have to go and I was like there is nothing that could make me go back out there, I was like F*ck you and everything else, I am staying right here, Embers hate rain/hail. No way will you get me back out there. And then he said I think Osborne might be getting his barony.... ohh... let me get my cloak....And we are least going to bring ale to drink to celebrate with Osborne! Yeah Baron Osboren!!!!
-Then having a conflict of being told Warchester has a mod and it is 2:30 and 3:00 we have the Order of the Entertainers guild suppose to meet at 3:00. Telling Lola to tell the other I will be late. By late I should have said not making it soo sad :(
- Ohh my gosh this spider cave mod soo much fun, I loved it. Baron Osborne and I getting to rock it with our bows! And poor Fynn getting stuck with a Spider. Fun new name though Spider Fynn... and messing with Faren. Luv you Faren.
-Getting to say Coming out of the woods 1, coming out of the woods 2, etc.. as PCs :)
- Then during dinner being able to meet up with Tash my MWE fire dancer teacher and meeting up with fellow Order of the Entertainers member (Katie). And then getting Gillian hooked up in the order (thank you for providing music) and then having soo much fun dancing outside. I loooved everyone who came out and did something at one point I looked around and was like is this really happening, everyone outside having fun dancing and juggling, etc... Then us dancers trying to get Parzival and his squire saving us from the "scary" bellydancers :p It was fun sharing my passion for dancing with other people and hopefully got some new people to love it too.
- Ohh and just passing along a town battle like it was just a small mod hook because we had to meet Wosley in a 1/2 an hour for his fae mod. Ooops did not realize this was Anarchy fight.
-Then being the only Healers guild member in the Tavern and having two people looked to talk to healers guild member about healing.... and I am like but, but, I am not a real healer, I mostly use earth to bind/curse people..... and I shoot things with my bow, where are all the real healers?
-And then being called to the Anarchy fight and being like well newbie healers you said you wanted to learn, here is your time to do it and ooh Cynder, you get to be in charge of them, and Cynder being a new player herself stepping up and being fabulous!!
- Also Ember hates you all for letting me get waylaid in a group, in the light on the deck of the tavern, and Bels for tipping the Colbolt for the waylaid. Me I looved it soo funny.
-Soo waiting..... I fell asleep in the tavern, I am soo happy I did because then I got to meet more fire elemental, yeah!!! I know people were not as happy about the fire portal opening up in the tavern but Ember was sooo happy!!! And thank you Anders for introducing me :)
-And of course Bels and his dress robes.... need I say more :)
-Then staying up way past Ember's bed time, we did the fae mod for Wolsey, such an interesting predicament you guys put us in.
-Sunday I slept in, that does not happen very often, (still woke up early compared to everyone else) and went to my healers **** with Dame Arikaya. It was a great shift had soo many great conversations with people and hot chocolate what more could you want?
-Then had a great rez class even if it was cut short because of being attacked and can I say I still love the idea of Angel Pillows Sexual Healing Center :)

Thank you plot and NPCs, I am soo happy I started this, it is officially been one year since I joined this larp and I am soo happy with my decision to try this out.

Last edited:
Back